The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (316 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2008
Saturday 30 October, 2010 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]
Del Neri: 'Cassano is mature'
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Gigi Del Neri is confident Antonio Cassano “is mature and everything will settle down” at Sampdoria.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Coach had problems with the player last season, but after a spell on the sidelines they forged a strong rapport.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I left Cassano as a mature man last season and I think he still is,” said the current Juventus boss.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Samp have begun proceedings to terminate his contract following a blazing row with President Riccardo Garrone.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I don’t know how things went between him and the President, but I think everything will settle down.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“When people talk about Cassano, everything is emphasised. I am sure he knows his own mind.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]If Sampdoria do terminate his contract or opt for a January sale, then Juventus are thought to be in pole position to take on FantAntonio.
[/FONT]

May 22, 2007
Del Neri: 'Cassano is mature'

Gigi Del Neri is confident Antonio Cassano “is mature and everything will settle down” at Sampdoria.

The Coach had problems with the player last season, but after a spell on the sidelines they forged a strong rapport.

“I left Cassano as a mature man last season and I think he still is,” said the current Juventus boss.

Samp have begun proceedings to terminate his contract following a blazing row with President Riccardo Garrone.

“I don’t know how things went between him and the President, but I think everything will settle down.

“When people talk about Cassano, everything is emphasised. I am sure he knows his own mind.”

If Sampdoria do terminate his contract or opt for a January sale, then Juventus are thought to be in pole position to take on FantAntonio.

http://www.football-italia.net/oct30h.html

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Antonio Cassano denied contact with Milan, Juventus or Inter. “I am happy here and the people love me. As for the President...”
He looks to have played his final game with Sampdoria, as the club has begun proceedings to terminate his contract following a blazing row with President Riccardo Garrone.

The player was told not to attend training and he was indeed absent at today’s session.

“I am happy in Genoa and the people love me. As for my rapport with the President, though, I cannot talk about that,” Cassano told Centro Suono Sport.

Some reports suggest the former Roma player has been spotted in the capital, fuelling rumours of a return to the Olimpico.

“I have not had contact with Milan, Juventus or Inter. These are things that were invented by journalists.

“A return to Roma? I don’t want to talk about the future right now, as I am very happy at Sampdoria.”

If the contract is terminated, then Cassano will become a free agent once the process has been completed.

Until then, however, he cannot play at a competitive level for club or country.

football-italia.net

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
How does he do it? In every club hes been he has always caused problems, its crazy. He's the older Balotelli minus all the racist chants. Hope he stays away from our team.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
@Suns, FI's take on it-

Antonio Cassano is the wild child of Italian football, whose talent is only surpassed by his explosive temper. We know that. We know he has been kicked out of several clubs now for his childish behaviour and tantrums, both on and off the field. We never expected him to come to this total breakdown with Sampdoria over something so banal as an awards ceremony.

FantAntonio seemed to be settled at long last. He was back in the Azzurri squad, married and expecting his first child, playing for a club where he felt secure and loved. I find it incredible to think all this could fall apart because of such a daft row. Do players usually have to sign a pre-drafted document making a formal apology for telling the patron beforehand he wouldn’t attend an awards ceremony? He opted not to party and instead stay home with his pregnant wife. Isn’t this what we had asked of him for all these years?

We don’t know precisely what Cassano said to President Riccardo Garrone in that locker room, nor whether this is all a smokescreen for something deeper. It would be bizarre if Sampdoria did want an excuse to “get rid of him,” as agent Giuseppe Bozzo suggested, when a contract termination would rob the club of around €20m they could cash in for a January sale. This process will also force all the sordid details of the row into the public domain during a lengthy legal battle that might not necessarily go in Samp’s favour.

A contract termination will also force a halt to Cassano’s competitive playing career during the process, which means damaging the Italy squad by taking away their most representative figure.

The Bari Vecchia starlet has always been tempestuous, prone to outbreaks of rage and irrational behaviour, but his tantrums have tended to be brief. Sampdoria’s behaviour in this whole affair, after so much they have been through together, just seems a little petty and counter-productive. For once, Cassano doesn’t seem to be the most immature person in this scenario.

football-italia.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 316)