The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (98 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Samp would take Amauri .. they would need a striker and for a team like their Amauri would be a good fit. Pazzini is a pure striker and Amauri can do some build up play next to him. He excelled in Palermo so I think he could do the same at Samp.. Juventus is a step to high for Amauri.

Regardless if we could sign Cassano for 15 million I would be super happy with that considering how much it costs to sign Martinez and Pepe (out right at the end of the season)
And how do you propose Samp pay Amauri's wages?

He's probably on almost double what they pay any of their players.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Samp to terminate Cassano contract
Sampdoria demand a contract termination after Antonio Cassano’s “gravely offensive and disrespectful” behaviour that will also keep him out of the Italy squad.

The row erupted after the player did not attend an awards ceremony and then had a blazing row with the President when asked to make a formal apology.

“In reference to the incident on Tuesday 26 at the Gloriano Mugnaini training ground, during which the player Antonio Cassano showed a gravely offensive and disrespectful attitude to President Riccardo Garrone,” read an official statement.

“UC Sampdoria announce that they have opened a request for disciplinary action.”

This means it is not a 'normal’ issue of freezing Cassano out of the squad, but rather terminating his contract.

There will also be a telegram during the process alerting him that he is temporarily suspended from competitive football until the matter is resolved.

That includes international duty, so puts a hold on Cassano’s international career.

“Even if director of sport Doriano Tosi told him not to bother turning up to training today, he will go anyway,” explained agent Giuseppe Bozzo.

“The day before Garrone’s request, Antonio had turned down a lot of money so he could stay with his pregnant wife Carolina, so in fairness he decided to take the same approach.

“The matter had been closed between him and the President on Wednesday, but then director general Sergio Gasparin called Cassano to explain this required a written apology.

“Is this rapport beyond repair? In all honesty, it’s very tough, but I will work with him to make it happen. In any case, I will look after Antonio’s interests in every legal arena.”

This is a remarkable course of action by Sampdoria, as they will effectively give up on the money from a January sale.

The bitter row opens the door for Inter, Juventus, Milan and Manchester City to take advantage of a free agent.

http://www.football-italia.net/oct30f.html

---

So, still worth it? Even after things seemed to be so pristine for him in Genoa, it still manages to explode around him. I don't believe for a second that "Juventus' prestige and seriousness" could straighten him out for good. However, a January free transfer is worth the risk, no?

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Agent: 'Cassano is distraught'
Antonio Cassano is “distraught” after Sampdoria began proceedings to terminate his contract. “If this is a way to get rid of him, just say so.”

The player was frozen out of the squad and threatened with the termination of his contract after a blazing row with President Riccardo Garrone.

“He is very down, depressed and horrified. At this moment, Antonio is distraught and has been torn apart,” explained agent Giuseppe Bozzo in the Secolo XIX newspaper.

“Antonio has given so much to Sampdoria and is very tied to the team, but now he feels betrayed.

“I have done everything in my power to put things right. I came to Genoa and personally listened to the phone conversation between Antonio and President Garrone. When I left, everything seemed to be fine.

“Quite frankly, the logic of this whole affair eludes me. The only explanation I can think of is that Sampdoria want to get rid of Antonio. If this is a way to get rid of him, just say so.”

The row erupted after Cassano did not attend an awards ceremony, but then President Garrone demanded a written formal apology and they exchanged heated words in the locker room.

“He wanted to stay home with his wife. Money was not an issue,” insisted agent Bozzo.

“I was at Antonio’s house on Wednesday evening and I was present when he called the President. Everything was clarified, they ended the conversation on good terms. Evidently something happened between that night and the next morning, as the cards on the table changed.”

Cassano refused to sign the written apology that had been drafted out for him.

“It’s a document that is completely illogical. They dug their heels in over this document, which would’ve gone to the Sampdoria Board of Directors, confirming President Garrone had received the formal and official apology from the player.

“I did not oppose the document per se, but I did oppose to the approach. They told Cassano 'you have to sign or we’ll leak the story.’”

http://www.football-italia.net/oct30g.html

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Great attitude there Antonio :andyandbarcelona: , somethings never change. Hope we don't even get close to him. Good thing is, Del neri already had issues with Cassano last season (which in a way will probably guarantee he won't come here). Thank God for that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)