The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (255 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
If we had that kind of money then why didn't we just activate in this summers Mercato?

Regardless of Samp wanting to see if they would make the CL we could of paid that money in July and sold Diego without having to embarass ourselves with the whole Di Natalie/Quag fiasco.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It used to be all about attitude, but now age is an excuse to say no to Cassano? :lol:

We bought Pavel when he was 29 nearing 30, look how that disaster turned out, I wish we hadnt bought such an old goof....
We brought nedved in a team that was already doing well so we needed to add more quality players to an already great side, age didn't matter in that case.

Right now everyone is complaining that this team lacks "quality" and we can't afford to buy great =expensive players in one summer like Madrid or city so it will take perhaps atleast 2-3 years to build such a team.

By then Cassano will be well in his 30's and we'll perhaps gonna try to get someone else to replace by then.

Thats hardly a smart plan.

Jun 13, 2007
We brought nedved in a team that was already doing well so we needed to add more quality players to an already great side, age didn't matter in that case.

Right now everyone is complaining that this team lacks "quality" and we can't afford to buy great =expensive players in one summer like Madrid or city so it will take perhaps atleast 2-3 years to build such a team.

By then Cassano will be well in his 30's and we'll perhaps gonna try to get someone else to replace by then.

Thats hardly a smart plan.
Come on man, that's bullshit and you know it. Cassano is by far the best Italian talent out there and arguably the best player in Serie A. He easily has well over 5 years in him. And if/when he begins to age, he can still prove to be an asset to any team in the world. Cassano's creativity is exactly what this team is lacking and although I think we have improved offensively by bringing in the likes of Quaggy and Krasic we need someone to take over that support striker role.

I don't think it's fair to say that this team lacks quality. We have a very good but not great team right now. We need to strengthen our fullback positions to become a consistently good team And we need to bring in players like Cassano to be considered a great team. He's that extra bit of quality that we've been missing.

I won't get my hopes high anyway. I accidentally opened the first page of this thread and it turns out we've been linked with this guy since 2004. That's kind of sad when you think about it. I highly doubt we'll be able to get him but I think you would have to have your head up your ass to be against a Cassano move to Juve in January.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Come on man, that's bullshit and you know it. Cassano is by far the best Italian talent out there and arguably the best player in Serie A.
And does it have to be :gsol: an Italian talent :gsol: ? The guy is great no argument there but all what i'm saying is that there are other foreign talented players out there who are even much younger and can be part of this team for a "much" longer periods.

I had a similar argument with some of the guys here when we first brought Amauri 2 years ago. They've been saying that age is never a factor but i've said back then that few years down the road we will find our selves in a situation were we have many holes in the team that we have to fill with quality players who will cost the club alot yet we'll have another problem in replacing our strikers who will be in their 30's at the time.

We had no problem when we brought in (the pre-calciopoli era) 28-29 year old players like Nedved and Vieira because we had an already great team that needed those "extra" quality additions.

Age "IS" a huge factor right now when we're building a team from scratch.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
And does it have to be :gsol: an Italian talent :gsol: ? The guy is great no argument there but all what i'm saying is that there are other foreign talented players out there who are even much younger and can be part of this team for a "much" longer periods.

I had a similar argument with some of the guys here when we first brought Amauri 2 years ago. They've been saying that age is never a factor but i've said back then that few years down the road we will find our selves in a situation were we have many holes in the team that we have to fill with quality players who will cost the club alot yet we'll have another problem in replacing our strikers who will be in their 30's at the time.

We had no problem when we brought in (the pre-calciopoli era) 28-29 year old players like Nedved and Vieira because we had an already great team that needed those "extra" quality additions.

Age "IS" a huge factor right now when we're building a team from scratch.
I understand what you're trying to say only-juve, but don't we have the youngest team in Serie A right now? Average age, 26 and change? I think that I read that. A quality veteran like Cassano will help us consistently finish in the money, so to speak. We need that cash badly.

Cassano would make a huge difference on this team, and he could probably give us 4 years or so of top quality play. 20M for a player of his caliber is a very good price. He's amazing.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
a vote for cassano is a vote for the devil...muhaha...

letting the joke apart, this guy at 20 mils can rejuvenate our attack and creativity, doing the things that diego is so missed right now. The thing is there are 2,3 players that we can have with 30 mils and have like 24- 25 years...and aren't italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 255)