The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (70 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
How is he a wasted talent? He had a wonderful season at sampdoria his attitude has been drastically changing and hes getting better as a person.

Cassano is the most talent player in italy right now, we need someone to "replace" dp on the pitch, someone with enough talent, and will to win.

We have to stop judging cassano on his past, lets just focuse on his football.
I also dont see any problems of giovinco playing with cassano, they are different player.
Oh please... i kept following this thread for a while now and never responded but now it's going a bit far. Cassano to replace DP?? WTF? Now everyone may think about cassano what he wants. To me, he is just an above-average talented but socially totally incompetent player. It take more than talent to become what a Del Piero is. Do you want someone who goes berserk every once in a while to be the new bandiera of juventus. I'll stop supporting then... This is insane; del piero is not only our captain because he scored some goals now and then. It's his attitude, his affection to juve. You can't just buy some mid-twenty guy and let him say to the media how much he loves juve...
And saying cassano is different now is wrong too. He just has NOT changed at all. Remeber the fight with chiellini? I saw the video. That guy just does not think for a minute when he's on the pitch. How could you possibly start arguing when you're so lucky being called to the NT? Come on, that's just 'not smart'.
He may be a talent, although i don't see how he is that wonder-player; he had some impressive games but it's not like he scored a million goals or something. There's a reason he's passed on and on and on by so many clubs. If he were so great, then real would have kept him. They gave him a lot of time to prove himself and he failed. It's not that hard to impress at sampdoria u know.

Now i don't want to make him bad or something, but i'm strictly against bringing him to juve. He's a ticking bomb and you never know when he explodes. Imagine him coming to juve and then bringing a bad atmosphear because he rebels for not playing (which would not be impossible with trez, amauri, del piero) No thanks, someone else can have him.

Aug 1, 2003
Cassano may be 'better' this season tantrum-wise, but that's in comparison to his past. On a normal scale, his outbursts this season is still unacceptable. I'd like to see Cassano going ONE WHOLE SEASON without any of his antics.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
Cassano may be 'better' this season tantrum-wise, but that's in comparison to his past. On a normal scale, his outbursts this season is still unacceptable. I'd like to see Cassano going ONE WHOLE SEASON without any of his antics.
i think that ll be difficult but if he can keep them to 1-2 small ones then its good
the 2 things you can deny him is that he has plenty of talent and plenty of problems

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Oh please... i kept following this thread for a while now and never responded but now it's going a bit far. Cassano to replace DP?? WTF? Now everyone may think about cassano what he wants. To me, he is just an above-average talented but socially totally incompetent player. It take more than talent to become what a Del Piero is. Do you want someone who goes berserk every once in a while to be the new bandiera of juventus. I'll stop supporting then... This is insane; del piero is not only our captain because he scored some goals now and then. It's his attitude, his affection to juve. You can't just buy some mid-twenty guy and let him say to the media how much he loves juve...
And saying cassano is different now is wrong too. He just has NOT changed at all. Remeber the fight with chiellini? I saw the video. That guy just does not think for a minute when he's on the pitch. How could you possibly start arguing when you're so lucky being called to the NT? Come on, that's just 'not smart'.
He may be a talent, although i don't see how he is that wonder-player; he had some impressive games but it's not like he scored a million goals or something. There's a reason he's passed on and on and on by so many clubs. If he were so great, then real would have kept him. They gave him a lot of time to prove himself and he failed. It's not that hard to impress at sampdoria u know.

Now i don't want to make him bad or something, but i'm strictly against bringing him to juve. He's a ticking bomb and you never know when he explodes. Imagine him coming to juve and then bringing a bad atmosphear because he rebels for not playing (which would not be impossible with trez, amauri, del piero) No thanks, someone else can have him.
All i wanted to say is that cassano has talent that is somewhat similar to DP, and if his personality somehow improves we can have him as a possible dp replacement on the soccer field. Noone can replace DP as our bandiera. I know that dp is not only an amazing soccer player, and youre are right. Personally I see cassano as an extremely underated player that needs a big club to put faith in him. With madrid he was still 22 I suppose and he couldnt get along with capello (DP couldnt) not to mention the onslaught of "super stars" that were at real, so beeing benched isnt enterly his fault.

All of us juventus fans, have to to realize that del piero isnt getting any younger, and sooner or later hes going to be sidlined. I might get smoked for this but were going to have to face this in the near future.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
When people say Cassano to replace Del Piero, it means he is going to play instead of him in the team when the time comes. He won't replace him literally in the minds of all Juventini

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
All of us juventus fans, have to to realize that del piero isnt getting any younger, and sooner or later hes going to be sidlined. I might get smoked for this but were going to have to face this in the near future.
I see your point and i like the way you describe the facts. But I don't see all this big problem going on. First of all, we'll have del piero for another season, so for the upcoming year, we're covered (even though it seems he can't play his full 90 minutes anymore, c.f. NT).

As for replacing the 'bandiera' del piero, it's sure that it will be hard, but someone like buffon can make a good captain too imo. I agree that except buffon, there might be a small gap, but until then, there's plenty of time for a new bandiera to come up (giovinco maybe, chiellini, ...) We all know that someone like del piero can never be replaced and that the footsteps our beloved captain leaves behind are impossible to fill, BUT, there are some candidates going on that could do the job...

If you are talking about replacing del piero on the pitch, i think we're on a good way too. We signed amauri (which i rate pretty similar too del piero, maybe a little more attacking) who will go on for some years, and then we'll have plenty of options; palladino, lanzafame ... or if they don't fit the expectations we can still aim for a big buy (because until then, we'll have settled in CL too probably)

It's cristal-clear that Alex cannot be replaced; neither on nor off the pitch. But i think we are at least doing our best to do so. I don't see what we could have done better up until now.

Back to the cassano-subject; people considering him as underrated are wrong in my opinion (this is just MY OWN opinion) In fact i believe he's pretty overrated. He had some excellent games, but a complete player has more than that. He has been given lots of chances to shine, and he always failed because his personality just let him down. It's useless talking about him as the poor chap who is soooo talented but desperately tries to improve his attitude. That's just wrong because it seems to me that he does not WANT to change, and this makes him pretty much worthless in my opinion. I won't ever question his footballing skills, but i'd prefer someone serious, willing to give everything to improve over cassano any time. as said, this is my opinion...

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I see your point and i like the way you describe the facts. But I don't see all this big problem going on. First of all, we'll have del piero for another season, so for the upcoming year, we're covered (even though it seems he can't play his full 90 minutes anymore, c.f. NT).

As for replacing the 'bandiera' del piero, it's sure that it will be hard, but someone like buffon can make a good captain too imo. I agree that except buffon, there might be a small gap, but until then, there's plenty of time for a new bandiera to come up (giovinco maybe, chiellini, ...) We all know that someone like del piero can never be replaced and that the footsteps our beloved captain leaves behind are impossible to fill, BUT, there are some candidates going on that could do the job...

If you are talking about replacing del piero on the pitch, i think we're on a good way too. We signed amauri (which i rate pretty similar too del piero, maybe a little more attacking) who will go on for some years, and then we'll have plenty of options; palladino, lanzafame ... or if they don't fit the expectations we can still aim for a big buy (because until then, we'll have settled in CL too probably)

It's cristal-clear that Alex cannot be replaced; neither on nor off the pitch. But i think we are at least doing our best to do so. I don't see what we could have done better up until now.

Back to the cassano-subject; people considering him as underrated are wrong in my opinion (this is just MY OWN opinion) In fact i believe he's pretty overrated. He had some excellent games, but a complete player has more than that. He has been given lots of chances to shine, and he always failed because his personality just let him down. It's useless talking about him as the poor chap who is soooo talented but desperately tries to improve his attitude. That's just wrong because it seems to me that he does not WANT to change, and this makes him pretty much worthless in my opinion. I won't ever question his footballing skills, but i'd prefer someone serious, willing to give everything to improve over cassano any time. as said, this is my opinion...

Very nicely put mate, I agree 100 about Dp. As for cassano to each his ways :)

Jun 13, 2007
I personally would welcome him to Juve. Talent like this don't come along too often and I think Juve should sign him immediately if they have the opportunity. This isn't a popularity contest, it's football. To achieve results, you need talent. Cassano is talent. Imagine what he could do with mentors such as Del piero, Nedved, and Gigi around. Imagine what kind of partership he could form with Giovinco, the most creative talents in Italy playing in Juve. Why the hell not?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
why am i the only one who thinks he was anonymous last night, late in the game he started to get into it but his overall contribution was little,he actually looked like a guy who had bot played football for months and was lacking basic match fitness

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
why am i the only one who thinks he was anonymous last night, late in the game he started to get into it but his overall contribution was little,he actually looked like a guy who had bot played football for months and was lacking basic match fitness
He wasn't anonymous, but he wasn't particularly influential.

He worked hard and linked the play nicely, but he wasn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)