The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (45 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It is without much fanfare that I agree with some of the posters and close this thread.

Cassano transfer to Juve 2005-6: RIP.

On to the next Cassano gossip for another thread...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventus are pondering a summer move for the re-born Antonio Cassano, according to reports in Italy.

The Italian has been a massive hit at Sampdoria following his loan switch from Real Madrid and his impressive form has alerted the big clubs of Serie A.

Although Doria are keen to sign the player on a permanent basis, their request that the gem takes a pay-cut may allow a club like Juventus to hijack their move.

Sampdoria can sign the Bari native from the Liga giants for just £3.5m, but they can only complete the transfer if Cassano takes a cut in salary.

The ex-Roma man currently nets £3m a season, but the Genoa-based outfit are only paying around £850,000 of that sum right now – with Real supplying the rest.

Given that Juventus have a bigger budget than Samp, they would be able to offer Cassano a more attractive contract.

The Old Lady have been linked strongly with Cassano in the past, but were always seemingly put off by his character.

Although doubts still remain over his temperament, Juventus do see Cassano as a possible eventual heir to Alessandro Del Piero.

Inter, Milan and Napoli are also understood to be monitoring Cassano’s situation with a view to a transfer swoop.

channel 4

May 22, 2007
Before anyone else does, I predict seeing this through this thread "He is a baby he is arrogant he is selfish!!!!!!!!"

I say get him. Last week he showed what he can still do when given the ball and he scored that lovely goal. So what if he cries? He has a fiery passion. Real obviously don't want him and I think that Del Piero could be an influential figure for him to follow, unlike Totti (no offense to the guy, still an awesome player).

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
hysterical player for low price - dont go for it. crybaby isnt the guy who could replace DP. i would better see how we splash 40 million euros on Crouch than watch Nedved trying to calm crying Cassano. He is just disgrace to italian football and i dont care how good he is on pitch if he acts like 12 year old moratti.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
hysterical player for low price - dont go for it. crybaby isnt the guy who could replace DP. i would better see how we splash 40 million euros on Crouch than watch Nedved trying to calm crying Cassano. He is just disgrace to italian football and i dont care how good he is on pitch if he acts like 12 year old moratti.
:agree:

What a waste of talent this guy, i still remember his days in bari. In my opinion, if it wasnt for his attitude he would become bitter player than totti.....

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A waste of time, money, space and time.
That whiner will never settle down, he will always be like that until his last breath on earth.
Hopefully Secco wont be that idiot to consider him. Soon or later Real will be desperate to offload him, another team that regrets for calling uo his services...
I would rather prefer Mutu back.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
Before anyone else does, I predict seeing this through this thread "He is a baby he is arrogant he is selfish!!!!!!!!"

I say get him. Last week he showed what he can still do when given the ball and he scored that lovely goal. So what if he cries? He has a fiery passion. Real obviously don't want him and I think that Del Piero could be an influential figure for him to follow, unlike Totti (no offense to the guy, still an awesome player).
:agree: :scarf:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Its not just that he cries...thats not a big problem.Do you remember what happend when he was in Roma?Totti was like his brother and Totti`s parents especially Totti`s father was very good with him for years...Later he wanted lot bigger wages which Roma couldn`t offer at the moment then he just started to act like pussy and had a fight with all team mates and Spalletti.Than he started leaving trainings etc. and when he was ready to go to Madrid he didn`t even apologize or say goodbye to everyone after Roma gave him everything.At the start in Madrid he was "normal" but later he started to do the same and was often leaving training grounds.He sure is a great talent but he`s acting like an idiot always and can`t settle.I don`t want that type of player here.

May 22, 2007
He sure is a great talent but he`s acting like an idiot always and can`t settle.I don`t want that type of player here.
Well yeah he is a great talent, and I think that the arrogance problem could be sorted if he had a character like Del Piero to lead him. Totti wasn't a saint and usually got himself yellow and red cards, although he was good.

Nobody's perfect though. Waiting until the end of the season to see if he makes another outburst (missing training etc) at Samp would be the best thing to do, because it could help the decision.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Well yeah he is a great talent, and I think that the arrogance problem could be sorted if he had a character like Del Piero to lead him. Totti wasn't a saint and usually got himself yellow and red cards, although he was good.

Nobody's perfect though. Waiting until the end of the season to see if he makes another outburst (missing training etc) at Samp would be the best thing to do, because it could help the decision.
bringing cassano here would be a big mistake, trust me. it would be the kind of move that inter would have made a few years ago, i.e. signing a star player that will damage the spirit of the dressing room and cause a lot of conflict. what you say about totti is true, but totti is not selfish and he loves roma with all his heart. you can't say the same about cassano, the don't call him the brat of bari for no reason.

i could be wrong and cassano could be a changed man, but after that incident against fiorentina i'd rather not take my chances. yes, it was pure passion coming from him, but it also shows his immaturity and irrationality. he is a very talented person, but i would rather enjoy his talent playing elsewhere (just not milan or inter).

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Traditionally Juventus is built on a strong dressing room and team morale giving us the famous Spirito Della Juve. In the next few seasons we will need this spirit more than ever as we build ourselves back to the top.

IMO Cassano is just too risky, he is a volitile character and i dont think Ranieri is strong enough to deal with him. He needs a club where he will be the star and everyone looks to him to get the team going. The only way he will calm down a bit is if a team is built around him and he can be the face of that team. He can take pride in his club and see himself and the team as one. This is not what he would be at Juve and thats why a club like Samp is perfect for him.

We need players with determination for the club and a great spirit/work ethic. Players like Iaquinta not Cassano!!

Besides we have Giovinco who is a similar position. I would rather invest in Diego and Giovinco, than in a risky Cassano!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)