The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (15 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Datasport.i its reporting that the punish its only play in buying players, not in selling players.

So if this is true, Roma can't buy, but they can sell...

Roma: caso Mexes, bloccato il mercato in entrata

(DS) - Roma, 30 giugno - Alla fine la sentenza sul caso Mexes è arrivata: la Fifa ha inviato un documento di quattordici pagine alla Roma, nelle quali è specificato che il club giallorosso non potrà, nelle prossime due sessioni di mercato, fare alcun movimento in entrata. Sarà possibile invece, secondo alcune fonti della società, effettuare movimenti in uscita. A questo punto gli avvocati del club capitolino stanno preparando il ricorso, che avrebbe valore sospensivo (ci sono 48 ore di tempo) al Tas.

datasport.it

I guess we will have to wait till tomorrow to know more

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Summary:
we have the money,
we dont have the Cassano option
Gila is still avalaible,
hmmm
if we dont sell Treze just buy Vieira,
if we do sell him,
buy Gila too and keep Mutu

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
Summary:
we have the money,
we dont have the Cassano option
Gila is still avalaible,
hmmm
if we dont sell Treze just buy Vieira,
if we do sell him,
buy Gila too and keep Mutu
PREACH!!!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Gazzetta.it has publish a more elaborate article about Roma's suspention... seems that they still can sell, they can't buy.

I guess this menas that Cassano is still on...

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Gazzetta.it has publish a more elaborate article about Roma's suspention... seems that they still can sell, they can't buy.

I guess this menas that Cassano is still on...
also Juve track Cassano from long time and they a ware of such situation and they can't afford lose like this ....

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
I've read on Roma Russian fan site, that FIFA made a decision on Mexes transfer and Auxerre appeal. The decision vould be announced today, but it's believed that Roma will be forbidden to buy players during two transfer campaigns (summer 2005 and winter 2006). Club will be allowed to sell players.
In such case Roma also risk to lose their latest signings Kuffur, Nonda and Taddei as these players are not registered yet.
Another bad news for Roma. Mazda refused to extend sponsorship deal and Roma may play without ads on their kits next season.

Maybe all of this would make Cassano sale more realistic option for Roma and Moggi can get him cheaper than expected.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
FIFA have handed Roma a one-year transfer ban as a result of their controversial move for Philippe Mexes last summer.

The stopper joined the capital club before his Auxerre contract expired and although the switch was ratified, the Italian club have been severely punished for their conduct.

Roma were already informed earlier this month that they will have to pay Auxerre £5.3m for the defender, who was also given a six-week ban for his role in the transfer.

But the Stadio Olimpico outfit have now been told that they will be unable to buy anyone, both from Italy or abroad, during the next two transfer windows.

Giallorossi officials were told of FIFA’s decision late last night and have been examining the 18-page document ever since.

Lawyers acting for the Italian side are already preparing for an appeal in a bid to get the verdict scrapped.

If they fail then Roma will have to forget about any plans of signing news players this summer, such as Udinese’s David Pizarro.

It may also complicate their sales strategy regarding both Antonio Cassano and Amantino Mancini. Although the pair can still legally be sold, they must be released for cash only rather than be involved in any player plus cash deal. That will be a major blow to Juventus who were hoping to offer money and the likes of Giorgio Chiellini and Fabrizio Miccoli for Italian starlet Cassano.

FIFA’s decision shouldn’t affect the status of any transfers that have taken place so far, such as the arrivals of Shabani Nonda, Samuel Kuffour and Rodrigo Taddei.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
It seems we are loosing Cassano or Moggi has to pay in cash for him
Actually, this could be a good thing for us. Now the pressure is on Roma; They've got to pay the 8Million to Auxerre, so they can't refuse to sell players. They can't afford this situation to last until august 31...

Now is the time for Luciano to join the game. Give 'em 8M + Miccoli and get us Cassano.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think this will kind of trigger off Juve to sell a few players in the coming weeks. I expect them to be Appiah, Tacchi, Miccoli, Zalayeta, Chillieni and maybe even Del Piero or Trezeguet.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
We'll have to wait and see what the situation with Roma actually is, at least I'd believe they would appeal and so on. I wouldn't be surprised if they would be able to stay in the transfer market this window (partially or completely) and the ban would take effect later on..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

Actually, this could be a good thing for us. Now the pressure is on Roma; They've got to pay the 8Million to Auxerre, so they can't refuse to sell players. They can't afford this situation to last until august 31...

Now is the time for Luciano to join the game. Give 'em 8M + Miccoli and get us Cassano.

Roma cannot buy any players, nor can they recieve them as part of makeweight deals. They can only sell players for cash. All other market deals are restricted for the next year.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Does the embargo allow loans? Is Roma allowed to take a player on loan?

Maybe Moggi could see this FIFA situation coming. That is why he wanted 50% of Maresca and Miccoli.

Maybe he will loan Miccoli to Roma for a year with the option to buy him at EUx.....after 12 months.

Now Juve is in the box seat. They have got the only players that Roma would want as replacements after the sale of Cassano. They have no choice but to sell Cassano this year because he would leave on a free transfer next season.

Brilliant Moggi!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)