The NBA Thread (95 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Spurs were low key hoping that Toronto finish in top 6 so that their protected pick conveys next year in a better draft. I have a feeling they might be looking to trade both #4 and #8.
If I was Spurs I'd be tempted to trade for Trae Young with those picks. Similarly they might expect that Topić falls to 4, which is realistic. If that clicks it could be an amazing duo given a season or two. They might even go for Castle, he's trending up and has lots to like. Imagine they keep #8 too and draft someone like Buzelis (insane length lineup) or Cody Williams.

But yeah, everyone is looking at the 2025 draft. However, there are always unlikely winners in a draft, I do think a lot of it is luck. As I said before, I'm not sure there is a huge difference between 5 and 15 in this draft, there's a fair amount of recency bias that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the NBA.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
If I was Spurs I'd be tempted to trade for Trae Young with those picks. Similarly they might expect that Topić falls to 4, which is realistic. If that clicks it could be an amazing duo given a season or two. They might even go for Castle, he's trending up and has lots to like. Imagine they keep #8 too and draft someone like Buzelis (insane length lineup) or Cody Williams.

But yeah, everyone is looking at the 2025 draft. However, there are always unlikely winners in a draft, I do think a lot of it is luck. As I said before, I'm not sure there is a huge difference between 5 and 15 in this draft, there's a fair amount of recency bias that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the NBA.
But if you’re Hawks, why would you need these picks in a subpar draft when you already have #1? I think they might ask for their own picks that they traded away for Murray.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Sad news btw, TNT is not renewing their NBA rights moving forward. That means the inside crew is definitely breaking up, Ernie is staying with TNT, Charles is going with whatever pays most.

end of an era

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
Jokic is on another level.

Also very difficult game for Ant. He should learn one thing or two when the defending champion decides to doule-team you the whole game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I knew it would completely hopeless without him. No playmaking, no good decision making, shot clock management.

But most importantly with no point guard it meant Ant gets the ball from inbound every time and they just doubled him and forced him to pass off to bad shooters.

He averaged 35 in this series before this game because he got the ball later on half court offense and immediately attacked. Now he was tasked with PG duties, with no other scorers but Kat around.

- - - Updated - - -

Joker is probably best player I ever seen regularly (I was a child in MJ days):

Jokic is on another level.

Also very difficult game for Ant. He should learn one thing or two when the defending champion decides to doule-team you the whole game.

Read my previous post. He is not a PG. They been doing it all series but tonight it worked because of no PG/Conley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 82)