The NBA Thread (18 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Can’t stand the Nuggets so enjoying this series a lot thus far. Don’t let me down @Osman
I wonder why :lol3::bounce::b81:

I mean they're annoying AF at times, but so are the Fakers (complaining about refs, calls, free throws, which is ironic considering the amount of help they get and how they flop to death) with their insufferable leader LeSwept and that massive turd nugget D Lo - arrogant overrated Muppet.

I don't hate the Nuggets (Jokic is awesome, and I like MPJ and Gordon), but I would like to see Minny go all the way and win the chip.

Ant Man is going to be the best player in the league in 2 years.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't see past Wemby. A rookie season of 21.4/10.6/3.9AST/3.6BLK and maybe the best defensive player in the league already. He's that good that early I'd be amazed if someone was better in another two years.

I'd be very happy to see Rudy win a chip. I'd be pissed at seeing Spida win it anywhere as he's a bit of a bitch (watch him bail on the Cavs this off season). Utah should have done better in the era of those two but Spida's ego, Quin Snyder's shit perimeter D coaching and injuries killed it.

First thing about winning a chip without a super team (and even so) is team culture. Wolves don't have a star studded lineup but they all know what they are doing and play for each one. One star, one great defensive player, another kind of top 40 player with guarantees and lots of pieces around them that all contribute. Guys like NAW are unsung role players, not stats but know what to do.

Thinking about it I'd most be stoked for Mike Conley as he's a great guy and was probably just the wrong fit and unlucky with injuries for us. That's the other main thing, if Ant or Rudy or perhaps even Mike sit a series through injury then the team chances decline on a large scale, but that's just the format of basketball rosters. It's not like football where some clubs have virtually two guys of the same quality in every position and you can hide a bit with 11 players.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
‘The referee has a trashcan where his heart should be’ – Gianluigi Buffon

I understand that the screen is in motion, it moved a little bit

But to help New York like that .........

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
mZ3rV3@large.gif

Can’t stand the Nuggets so enjoying this series a lot thus far. Don’t let me down @Osman

I'M SORRY, I CANT HEAR YOU, MY WOLVES DEN IS POPPING OFF LIKE THIS RIGHT NOW:

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why :lol3::bounce::b81:

I mean they're annoying AF at times, but so are the Fakers (complaining about refs, calls, free throws, which is ironic considering the amount of help they get and how they flop to death) with their insufferable leader LeSwept and that massive turd nugget D Lo - arrogant overrated Muppet.

I don't hate the Nuggets (Jokic is awesome, and I like MPJ and Gordon), but I would like to see Minny go all the way and win the chip.

Is PI a Laker fan? I forgot.

For me I hella enjoy the Nuggets, they are our divisional rivals, but allways mutual respect and appreciation between us and them (same GM built both teams, and all our coaches used to work for them and vice versa for them). They play play ball the right way, focused team, and its only a semi injured Murray being a total crybaby bitch out there, most of the others are still professionals.

And its allways enjoyable to see them punking Lakers on yearly basis lol

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I hope they on't suspend Jamal Murray for throwimg things. Making him play game 3 against this Wolves defense might be the worst punishment.

[

I envision Jamal Murray asking league office for a suspension. And Joe Dumars (executive president, handles suspensions) personally calls him up to say Samuel L Jackson style:

"WE NOT BAILING YOU OUT, YOU GONNA SIT THERE AND TAKE THIS ASS WHOOPING"
nod.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Mcdaniels and NAW on Murray game 3:

https://youtube.com/shorts/LBVzW-GNzIc?si=VsShLr-hq4u6k1e2

e8cx_U.gif

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
mZ3rV3@large.gif

I'M SORRY, I CANT HEAR YOU, MY WOLVES DEN IS POPPING OFF LIKE THIS RIGHT NOW:

- - - Updated - - -

Is PI a Laker fan? I forgot.

For me I hella enjoy the Nuggets, they are our divisional rivals, but allways mutual respect and appreciation between us and them (same GM built both teams, and all our coaches used to work for them and vice versa for them). They play play ball the right way, focused team, and its only a semi injured Murray being a total crybaby bitch out there, most of the others are still professionals.

And its allways enjoyable to see them punking Lakers on yearly basis lol
Yeah. Murray and his crybaby bitch nature is the main reason I dislike them. And their coach. Can’t stand him.

Jokic, MPJ, Gordon, KCP. Definitely a fan of all these guys. Still much prefer the T-Wolves. KAT is really the only guy I’m not a fan of on your team. Would love to see Gobert and Conley win a championship too.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can't see past Wemby. A rookie season of 21.4/10.6/3.9AST/3.6BLK and maybe the best defensive player in the league already. He's that good that early I'd be amazed if someone was better in another two years.

I'd be very happy to see Rudy win a chip. I'd be pissed at seeing Spida win it anywhere as he's a bit of a bitch (watch him bail on the Cavs this off season). Utah should have done better in the era of those two but Spida's ego, Quin Snyder's shit perimeter D coaching and injuries killed it.

First thing about winning a chip without a super team (and even so) is team culture. Wolves don't have a star studded lineup but they all know what they are doing and play for each one. One star, one great defensive player, another kind of top 40 player with guarantees and lots of pieces around them that all contribute. Guys like NAW are unsung role players, not stats but know what to do.

Thinking about it I'd most be stoked for Mike Conley as he's a great guy and was probably just the wrong fit and unlucky with injuries for us. That's the other main thing, if Ant or Rudy or perhaps even Mike sit a series through injury then the team chances decline on a large scale, but that's just the format of basketball rosters. It's not like football where some clubs have virtually two guys of the same quality in every position and you can hide a bit with 11 players.
Wemby is amazing, and he's going to be winning multiple chips if he stays healthy. I think you will be able to make a case for Wemby, Ant Man, Shai, or Luka being the best player in the league in 2-3 years (Luka is already in that conversation now), as long as their teams remain competitive and, more importantly, they all stay healthy. I think they're all great players, wonderful to watch.

I love how the Timberwolves play, and I believe Ant Man is such a fearless mofo on the court and insanely funny off it. Gobert, whom I've had reservations about, seems like a good dude (watched him on TNT this morning as he joined the guys to accept his Defensive player of the year award - which should have been won by Wemby IMO), and Conley is indeed a great guy.

Fuck Spida Bitchell or anyone in the East for that matter - my Magic are out, and I don't like any of the remaining teams. I hope Minny or OKC win the whole thing.

@Osman PI is a bonafide Laker endorser, but he's a reasonable fan like @KB824. FYI, I don't hate the Lakers: I supported them when they had the late great Kobe and Shaq, two of my favorite players - I just dislike this modern iteration of the franchise.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Wemby is amazing, and he's going to be winning multiple chips if he stays healthy. I think you will be able to make a case for Wemby, Ant Man, Shai, or Luka being the best player in the league in 2-3 years (Luka is already in that conversation now), as long as their teams remain competitive and, more importantly, they all stay healthy. I think they're all great players, wonderful to watch.

I love how the Timberwolves play, and I believe Ant Man is such a fearless mofo on the court and insanely funny off it. Gobert, whom I've had reservations about, seems like a good dude (watched him on TNT this morning as he joined the guys to accept his Defensive player of the year award - which should have been won by Wemby IMO), and Conley is indeed a great guy.

Fuck Spida Bitchell or anyone in the East for that matter - my Magic are out, and I don't like any of the remaining teams. I hope Minny or OKC win the whole thing.

@Osman PI is a bonafide Laker endorser, but he's a reasonable fan like @KB824. FYI, I don't hate the Lakers: I supported them when they had the late great Kobe and Shaq, two of my favorite players - I just dislike this modern iteration of the franchise.
I disagree that Wemby deserved defensive player of the year. Dude had flashy plays but was still making a lot of mistakes.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I think DPOY should go to a guy from a team thats tough defensively. If Wemby played on a team thats less broken he'd perhaps be worthy, but it looks really weird giving DPOY to a guy who's team is 2nd worst defensively in the West and among the worst in all of NBA.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not saying he deserved DPOY this year but that he's maybe the best defensive player in the league because of his unique skillset. Once he irons out the rookie mistakes even more so.

This year I don't think there's anything wrong with giving it to Rudy but there aren't other realistic alternatives past Wemby. You could also make arguments for or against playing in a great defensive team or poor one.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm not saying he deserved DPOY this year but that he's maybe the best defensive player in the league because of his unique skillset. Once he irons out the rookie mistakes even more so.

This year I don't think there's anything wrong with giving it to Rudy but there aren't other realistic alternatives past Wemby. You could also make arguments for or against playing in a great defensive team or poor one.
It would be sort of like giving MVP to someone who scores 35 ppg but doesn’t make the playoffs. I think a great defensive player should be good to the point of lifting the entire team, especially in a team of 5 players.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Also especially people forget he wasn't that great defensively before all-star break when he was still PF. When he was moved to Center around January is when he started going, especially after all-star break in February.

Before that imo the better rookie defender was Chet and Wemby was nowhere DPOY candidate as a PF next to zack Collins.

So it's really just recency stuff of past months and forgetting you need to be consistent.

Bam had strong case too for the whole year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)