The NBA Thread (33 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
As far as pure talent is concerned. I can't believe I have to explain this
Talent is a very possible yes (dont sell Wade short tho, his prime was beastly). But it takes more then that to deliver. AD has plenty of time to do it now in contending team.

So far in his 7 seasons he goes MVP candidate level in regular season stats but didnt want to step up with the extra gear in big boy time post season. Takes alot of hard nosed mentality and unrelenting competitive drive to turn into the alpha during those moments. Talent alone isnt enough.

Until he shows it it's a defenite yes for D Wade as the superior player because he showed he got what it took to go all the way. Both as the main guy and as the 2nd guy (even carried Bron when he was breaking down mentally from the pressure in Miami).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, you have to explain it because rating AD over D.Wade is ridiculous.
As far as talent is concerned? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

And remember what I said.

I said that AD is the best player that Lebron would have ever played with. So the question at hand is whether or not a 29 year old Wade was better than a 26 year old Anthony Davis. And to me, that answer is no.

- - - Updated - - -

Talent is a very possible yes (dont sell Wade short tho, his prime was beastly). But it takes more then that to deliver. AD has plenty of time to do it now in contending team.

So far in his 7 seasons he goes MVP candidate level in regular season stats but didnt want to step up with the extra gear in big boy time post season. Takes alot of hard nosed mentality and unrelenting competitive drive to turn into the alpha during those moments. Talent alone isnt enough.

Until he shows it it's a defenite yes for D Wade as the superior player because he showed he got what it took to go all the way. Both as the main guy and as the 2nd guy (even carried Bron when he was breaking down mentally from the pressure in Miami).
That is all I was talking about, pure talent. And to me, AD is the most talented player Lebron has ever had as a teammate.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

So are we ignoring that AD led the Pelicans to sweep the Trailblazers averaging 33 points - 12 boards - 3 blocks - 2 steals just a year ago in the postseason.

And then averaged 28 points - 15 boards - 2 blocks - 2 steals while the rest of his team got annihilated by an all-time great Golden State...

While I agree that he didn’t show up much early in his career. He was an absolute beast in the playoffs last year. There isn’t really an argument against that.

Wade is obviously a greater player right now and it’s not even close. AD has the talent to be even better than Wade if he can find the drive to become a great.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Whats true is that AD is the best fit out of all superstar/allstar teammates James had so far. But 2010 Wade was top 3 in the league next to two top 10 all time players

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lebron is top 10 all time, but who was the other Miami player you consider such?

Neither Bosh nor old Ray Allen is close, so I'm confused. Ray Allen is around end of top 50 at best.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is just paying lip service to home crowd. He didnt even had them in his short list when he was telling Demps of trade destinations around last seasons deadline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 26)