The NBA Thread (26 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
San Antonio is the only place mentioned that has won anything lately tho. OKC has been a team for like 10 years and they were competitive for most of them. I’d say they’ve been on par with Houston and more competitive than portland in the 10 years they’ve been there.
OKC hasn’t made it out of the 1st round in three seasons. If you look at the players they’ve had compared to other teams in n the same market, you’ll see they’ve underachieved. Just look at those squads from 2011 to 2016.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Post Ironic While we were all amazed at Boogie's body transformation, it looks like Lebron has slimmed down quite a bit as well. He was playing at a weight that was much too heavy for him after that groin injury
I noticed that too. Looks pretty svelte right now. Should help him a ton going into this season, along with his first full offseason of rest in 10 years.

In other weight loss news... Avery Bradley. Said he has now lost the 40 lbs he gained during the injuries he had in his time with the Clips.

This team. :lol2: :heart:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
OKC hasn’t made it out of the 1st round in three seasons. If you look at the players they’ve had compared to other teams in n the same market, you’ll see they’ve underachieved. Just look at those squads from 2011 to 2016.
To be fair they also play in the West. Last year they were looking decent but Dame decided to go super sayan on them

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What do y’all think about those AD comments?

I thought him saying he, Cousins, and Robdo weren’t joining LeBrons team but that LeBron was joining them is pretty interesting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What do y’all think about those AD comments?

I thought him saying he, Cousins, and Robdo weren’t joining LeBrons team but that LeBron was joining them is pretty interesting.

Considering that there is a history of the three of them playing together in New Orleans, I don't take any negative connotations from it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Considering that there is a history of the three of them playing together in New Orleans, I don't take any negative connotations from it.
No, not at all. I thought it sounded like Davis has a plan and wants to be the long term leader of the team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
No, not at all. I thought it sounded like Davis has a plan and wants to be the long term leader of the team.

I think so too. And I think that is something that could intrigue him. I think that what we have seen in the past few weeks since all of the debacles is that they have a direction now. Also, form the outside, it looks like what was happening the past couple of years was more Magic Johnson's doing than Rob Pelinka's.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hopefully this is the case. And hopefully Lebron understands that the best chance of success for this team is for him to facilitate and support AD becoming the best player in the league.

I think he will. Without question. AD is the best player that he will probably ever play with, and that is not disrespect to D Wade. None at all. AD is a unicorn that is dominant on both ends of the court.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think he will. Without question. AD is the best player that he will probably ever play with, and that is not disrespect to D Wade. None at all. AD is a unicorn that is dominant on both ends of the court.
He needs to show it on playoff time before being considered D Wade equal let alone superior. D Wade was a monster in post season time. Both pre and little while post Bron days.

AD has the complete skillset and talent to be the better player, but it's time he shows it and steps up.

Too often he seemed to be ok with getting the numbers and not having that drive to show he is the best with the Pelicans at all (like he was hiding from that responsibility). You didnt expect them to win anything, but certainly for him to have better playoff performances then he did.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He needs to show it on playoff time before being considered D Wade equal let alone superior. D Wade was a monster in post season time. Both pre and little while post Bron days.

AD has the complete skillset and talent to be the better player, but it's time he shows it and steps up.

Too often he seemed to be ok with getting the numbers and not having that drive to show he is the best with the Pelicans at all (like he was hiding from that responsibility). You didnt expect them to win anything, but certainly for him to have better playoff performances then he did.

As far as pure talent is concerned. I can't believe I have to explain this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)