The NBA Thread (45 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Imagine picking PG over AD as your long term teammate. Kawhi is a fool, but atleast now the playoffs gonna be exciting. Poor Westbrook tho

- - - Updated - - -

I read they gave up 4 unprotected first round picks, 2 protected first round picks, 2 pick swaps plus SGA and Gallinari for George.

- - - Updated - - -

Danny Green to the Lakers, 2 year deal.

Happy about this signing. Fits Lebron - AD like a glove. Great 3 and D. Shot 47% on catch and shoot 3s. 2nd best defensive real plus/minus of any shooting guard last year (behind Butler).

Shitty to not get Kawhi but I really expected him to go elsewhere, so not much of a surprise. Did think he would stay with the Raptors though.
Thats a good pickup, we still need some guards and wings tho. Watch them use the money on Boogie tho

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Jerry West is GOAT executive tho for being this sneaky in pulling off PG trade, he gathered pick assets from Sixers, Heat and others just so he wouldn't violate the Stepien rule in blockbuster trade like this.

Alot of picks in 4, but its defenitely worth it getting 2 MVP level players after another (one wouldn't happen without the other). This is what Danny Ainge should have done, what's the point of hoarding assets if you not gonna strike and improve massively in FA or trades. Cost of championships.

Westbrook oughta be traded too now, maybe to Lakers?:D
I don’t see current Clippers as good enough to win a championship. Nor the Lakers. Both teams need to be incredibly smart to build a championship team around their two stars with little cap space. If Clippers had managed to keep SGA to play with Kawhi and PG I would say they would be clear favourites.

Bucks and 76ers are two best teams in the league right now imo. Nets could plausibly be good if KD returns at full health. And Warriors once Klay returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine picking PG over AD as your long term teammate. Kawhi is a fool, but atleast now the playoffs gonna be exciting. Poor Westbrook tho

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a good pickup, we still need some guards and wings tho. Watch them use the money on Boogie tho
Dude. Pelinka makes a good signing with Danny Green and then he fucks up this very minute.

KCP back for 2 years/16 mil. :lol:

Looks like we’re doing a 2 year version of last summer. Big free agent class in 2021 lol

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I rate SGA as underrated talent, but you think the difference between Clippers championship ability or nah was hinging on him? I would give him up for PG any day of the week.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I rate SGA as underrated talent, but you think the difference between Clippers championship ability or nah was hinging on him? I would give him up for PG any day of the week.
Of course you give him up, definitely agree. But I think they would have been in an even better place today for title contending if they kept him.

Just like I would have preferred if the Lakers managed to keep one more youngster in the AD trade.

Both teams have two transcendent stars, and a lot of unknowns.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Clippers have little less unknowns tho then Lakers, they already have a hard working team core that gave Warriors alot of trouble. They add that toughness with 2 high caliber 2 way superstars. They might need more capable vet min signings but in general it's a very solid bunch.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Clippers have little less unknowns tho then Lakers, they already have a hard working team core that gave Warriors alot of trouble. They add that toughness with 2 high caliber 2 way superstars. They might need more capable vet min signings but in general it's a very solid bunch.
:tup:

I’m curious about JaVale. He’s coming back for peanuts and was a beast for us before the Lebron injury and then faded down the stretch after, looking burnt out. It was his first season playing over 20 mpg since 2011, so he may be a little more ready to handle the minute load this year. Apparently he’s spent the entire offseason working on an outside game and shot... if he can add that to his good pick n roll game, he’s going to massively outplay the 2 year- 8.2 mil contract.

Still shaking my head over the KCP contract. They must like him, but he’s such a bonehead imo.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Get Cousins, Morris, Korver, Bradley and whatever the fuck they can get out there. As long as your surround Lebron with shooters and he's healthy they'll be hard to beat.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
KCP at this point is more or less washed garbage, just having him rotation on minimum is annoying enough for a contender (especially when the youngsters taking his minutes are gone), let alone a team paying him portion your much cap space that you could used much better. Same day you add a very useful Green is negated by paying this bum a 2 year deal.

McGee is too inconsistent, decent rim protector but can out of nowhere turn into a negative bonehead whenever he looks like he is going off to useful backup. It's unfortunate.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
PG once again proves what a bitch he is btw. After making a documentary about his decision, which was staying in Oklahoma with his friend RW, to his petty comments after getting selected for the allstar game, to now ditching RW after one year. Hes an incredible talent, but also an incredible beta male. Hes lucky he has Kawhi next to him

Jun 6, 2015
PG once again proves what a bitch he is btw. After making a documentary about his decision, which was staying in Oklahoma with his friend RW, to his petty comments after getting selected for the allstar game, to now ditching RW after one year. Hes an incredible talent, but also an incredible beta male. Hes lucky he has Kawhi next to him
220px-Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You can still build a contender. Building around Lebron and AD isn't a bad spot to be in. In retrospect should have gone for some of the other high caliber free agents.
Thats true, im not satisfied with what we have been doing last few years, but we landed that 24 karat player in his prime in AD, we now need to build a contender for him. Hope James has 2 more seasons left in the tank, then with the 2 of them and good 3D players around, we can do damage next season

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What the fuck just happened :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So it looks like these 2 year deals will either give them 1 max slot in 21 or 2 if Lebron opts out/retires

- - - Updated - - -

So there is still 5 million left under the cap, plus the MLE and vet minimums

- - - Updated - - -

Hope is not lost, my laker brethren. There are still more decent players out there such as Marcus Morris, Quinn Cook, Jabari Parker that can flesh out this roster. From the beginning I was never convinced he was coming here

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wait. I think we have more cap space than that available. KCP's contract shouldn't count against the cap due to Early Bird rights. I think k.

- - - Updated - - -

If that is the case, and he was re-signed using the Early Bird rights, that would give the Lakers 13 million in cap space. If, and I repeat if McGee was signed with the Mle, that number jumps to 17 million

- - - Updated - - -

Go get Avery Bradley and Marcus Morris. Now.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What the fuck just happened :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm confused :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So it looks like these 2 year deals will either give them 1 max slot in 21 or 2 if Lebron opts out/retires

- - - Updated - - -

So there is still 5 million left under the cap, plus the MLE and vet minimums

- - - Updated - - -

Hope is not lost, my laker brethren. There are still more decent players out there such as Marcus Morris, Quinn Cook, Jabari Parker that can flesh out this roster. From the beginning I was never convinced he was coming here
Max slot in 2021 you say?

800px-Giannis_Antetokounmpo_%2824845003687%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

:tuttosport:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@MikeM

Just between the two of us, Man to Man. Do you get the feeling that we've been had? That the only reason why it took this long was that Kawhi was just waiting for the Clippers to acquire a 2nd star? This isn't NBA 2K. Trades like this take a lot of time.

I don't know, man. If neither one of us were really in the running, his camp should have let us know. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quinn Cook just signed for the Lakers. I've liked that option ever since his rights were renounced

- - - Updated - - -

Now get Marcus Morris and Avery Bradley and I'll be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

I truly expect Marcus Morris to sign with the Lakers. He's a Klutch Spots client

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 39)