The NBA Thread (78 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
When is the deadline for free agents?

Sorry for these questions but I never really understood how NBA works.

Thank to Sergio I learned a bit, though.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
When is the deadline for free agents?

Sorry for these questions but I never really understood how NBA works.

Thank to Sergio I learned a bit, though.

There is no real deadline for free agents per se, but delaying any decisions until after July 6th (or whenever the NBA Fiscal year for the new season starts) has some serious ramifications for any trades that are official as of the first day of the new year.

In the case of Kawhi, if he doesn't come to a decision by tomorrow afternoon, the Lakers will basically have to pull out of the race to sign him, as there are so many moving parts with the Anthony Davis trade (Especially with New Orleans trading the 4th pick to Atlanta).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, the latest is that when Kawhi met with Lebron, Lebron told him that he would be playing Point Guard, and that Kawhi and AD would be the two primary options on offense

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So, the latest is that when Kawhi met with Lebron, Lebron told him that he would be playing Point Guard, and that Kawhi and AD would be the two primary options on offense
On offense that makes perfect sense. Lebron is bringing the ball up and getting it to AD and Kawhi on their sweet spots. On defense, we need 2 perimeter guys with them, and if these 2 are 3pt shooters, thats perfect for offense as well

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
On offense that makes perfect sense. Lebron is bringing the ball up and getting it to AD and Kawhi on their sweet spots. On defense, we need 2 perimeter guys with them, and if these 2 are 3pt shooters, thats perfect for offense as well

I still think that he is staying in Toronto.

- - - Updated - - -

I was never all in on Kawhi coming here. I can understand why we are waiting on him. It is Kawhi, after all. I just hope they have a serious backup plan in case he doesn't sign with us

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I still think that he is staying in Toronto.

- - - Updated - - -

I was never all in on Kawhi coming here. I can understand why we are waiting on him. It is Kawhi, after all. I just hope they have a serious backup plan in case he doesn't sign with us
Only big name available that I can think of is D.Cousins

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
@CR 7 broooooo look at this shit! The clippers finna run the league! PG3, Kawhi, Lou Williams, Landry Shamet! Fuck if, I’m a clippers fan now! I’m drunk as fuck in Clearwater beach and met another Sixers fan at the bar and we hype as fuck!

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao Lebron probably salty af right now

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Danny Green following Kawhi? No wonder they were quiet on another max if they were planning PG all this time. Who is the salary match for him?
I read they gave up 4 unprotected first round picks, 2 protected first round picks, 2 pick swaps plus SGA and Gallinari for George.

- - - Updated - - -

Danny Green to the Lakers, 2 year deal.

Happy about this signing. Fits Lebron - AD like a glove. Great 3 and D. Shot 47% on catch and shoot 3s. 2nd best defensive real plus/minus of any shooting guard last year (behind Butler).

Shitty to not get Kawhi but I really expected him to go elsewhere, so not much of a surprise. Did think he would stay with the Raptors though.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Jerry West is GOAT executive tho for being this sneaky in pulling off PG trade, he gathered pick assets from Sixers, Heat and others just so he wouldn't violate the Stepien rule in blockbuster trade like this.

Alot of picks in 4, but its defenitely worth it getting 2 MVP level players after another (one wouldn't happen without the other). This is what Danny Ainge should have done, what's the point of hoarding assets if you not gonna strike and improve massively in FA or trades. Cost of championships.

Westbrook oughta be traded too now, maybe to Lakers?:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 68)