The NBA Thread (17 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
NO might have done us a favor here
I liked Magic's interview today. No nonsense. Good stuff mostly.

NO did us a big favour if we're talking the rumoured offer including every single one of our young core. If it had been only two of them, plus picks, and a veteran or two, that's fine. But the rumoured offers we're ridiculous and would have screwed us 4-5 years down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Even this year, once Reggie Bullock gets fully integrated and Lonzo is back, we're going to be pretty damn good. Our defence will be back to its best (top5-10 in the league), and we'll have a proper shooter from deep.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I liked Magic's interview today. No nonsense. Good stuff mostly.

NO did us a big favour if we're talking the rumoured offer including every single one of our young core. If it had been only two of them, plus picks, and a veteran or two, that's fine. But the rumoured offers we're ridiculous and would have screwed us 4-5 years down the road.
i havent seen that interview, gonna check it out after the game...

imo, they didnt want Davis here, so they just kinda let us offer them everything we have and then say no. would be smarter if we try again only at the next deadline, wherever he is at that time. but if we get max no.2, im not gonna be sad if we miss out

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i havent seen that interview, gonna check it out after the game...

imo, they didnt want Davis here, so they just kinda let us offer them everything we have and then say no. would be smarter if we try again only at the next deadline, wherever he is at that time. but if we get max no.2, im not gonna be sad if we miss out
I'd love to get Beal in a trade without gutting the young part of the team... then sign Davis in 2020 free agency.

AD-Lebron-Kuzma-Beal-Ball

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Game’s over but Lakers did better than expected. Kuzma went off.
:tup:

Once Reggie Bullock is firing on all cylinders for us, and Lonzo is back (fixing our defence), we'll give any team a good battle. Still not going to compete with GS, Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly... but anyone else I think we could be highly competitive in a 7 game series.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'd love to get Beal in a trade without gutting the young part of the team... then sign Davis in 2020 free agency.

AD-Lebron-Kuzma-Beal-Ball

:tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Once Reggie Bullock is firing on all cylinders for us, and Lonzo is back (fixing our defence), we'll give any team a good battle. Still not going to compete with GS, Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly... but anyone else I think we could be highly competitive in a 7 game series.
The team has grit and Lebron, I can see that. Will be tough to get that 7th seed tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I like Dallas a lot.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The team has grit and Lebron, I can see that. Will be tough to get that 7th seed tho.
Yeah. We let too many winnable games go while Lebron was out. 8th seed seems likely to me. Everyone else is a bit too far ahead to catch now with the schedule we have remaining. If we match up with Golden State in the first round, we're done in 5 at best.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah. We let too many winnable games go while Lebron was out. 8th seed seems likely to me. Everyone else is a bit too far ahead to catch now with the schedule we have remaining. If we match up with Golden State in the first round, we're done in 5 at best.
Yeah, there’s a chance the Nuggets sneak past the Warriors but it’s really tiny, especially since Cousins came back.

Man, I can’t wait for the finals, hope we can make it there. This team has an outsiders shot against Golden State imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I’m so hype by how much better Redick looks with Harris on the team. Dude’s gonna tear it up for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, there’s a chance the Nuggets sneak past the Warriors but it’s really tiny, especially since Cousins came back.

Man, I can’t wait for the finals, hope we can make it there. This team has an outsiders shot against Golden State imo.
Yeah. Tobias Harris looks awesome. Your bench is the only weak point (and Jimmy Butler's state of mind). Still, even with that bench you'll be competitive with anyone. If Cousins gets going though, I can't see any team having a legitimate shot to beat Golden State. Their starting 5 is unreal with a healthy, in-form Cousins.

I think you'll struggle against both the Raptors and the Bucks... Hard to say if you can beat either of them without home court. Definitely be close between either of them and your Sixers. East looks damn good. Funny, that a year ago, the Celtics looked primed to take over the east, and now they're the 4th strongest team at best (Pacers with Oladipo healthy are strong too). If they keep Kyrie and get AD without losing Tatum that log-jam at the the top of the east is going to be crazy.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah. Tobias Harris looks awesome. Your bench is the only weak point (and Jimmy Butler's state of mind). Still, even with that bench you'll be competitive with anyone. If Cousins gets going though, I can't see any team having a legitimate shot to beat Golden State. Their starting 5 is unreal with a healthy, in-form Cousins.

I think you'll struggle against both the Raptors and the Bucks... Hard to say if you can beat either of them without home court. Definitely be close between either of them and your Sixers. East looks damn good. Funny, that a year ago, the Celtics looked primed to take over the east, and now they're the 4th strongest team at best (Pacers with Oladipo healthy are strong too). If they keep Kyrie and get AD without losing Tatum that log-jam at the the top of the east is going to be crazy.
It’s funny how the conference without Lebron has the better top teams lol

Yeah, both toronto and Milwaukee will be tough. Brad Stevens needs to pull the Celtics together but I’d rather he not

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Tobias harris seems like he's been playing for Philly his whole career. His transition was seamless.

As far as the lakers go yesterday, they hung as long as they could. They lost to a superior team, right now one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the league.

The one thing that kind of irks me a little is why Ingram doesn't get more looks. I understand that Kuz was on fire yesterday, and lebron is Lebron, but Brandon just seems so efficient with his touches. I don't know.

I was probably a year early when I said that the 76ers were going to the finals last year.

- - - Updated - - -

And why we traded for Muscala when we have Moe Wagner is beyond me. I still can't figure that one out.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Looks like Magic is doing some tampering with Simmons btw. Mentioned that Simmons asked to train with him last night but Magic wouldn’t do it unless everyone (Lakers and Sixers) signed off on it and Elton Brand just said that happened a month ago and the Sixers already said no back then.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Looks like Magic is doing some tampering with Simmons btw. Mentioned that Simmons asked to train with him last night but Magic wouldn’t do it unless everyone (Lakers and Sixers) signed off on it and Elton Brand just said that happened a month ago and the Sixers already said no back then.

Jeanie needs to put a muzzle on him, or show him the door. It's as simple as that. His mouth is not doing this organization any favors. Why didn't Magic mention it a couple of weeks ago when they played in LA?

He's really starting to bother me, and I became a Lakers fan because of him.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Jeanie needs to put a muzzle on him, or show him the door. It's as simple as that. His mouth is not doing this organization any favors. Why didn't Magic mention it a couple of weeks ago when they played in LA?

He's really starting to bother me, and I became a Lakers fan because of him.
I have no clue, I just think he doesn’t think things through honestly.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
And why we traded for Muscala when we have Moe Wagner is beyond me. I still can't figure that one out.
i understand the need for a shooting big, and if they dont deem Wagner playoff ready yet (if we even make it there this season) then acquiring one makes sense. but:
1. why not add one in the summer then? Brook is playing on a vet min contract for the Bucks and said at the end of last season that hed be back here for a minimum if we assemble a contender. we acquired McGee instead, let him and T. Bryant walk, and started the season a big man short, so even Jonathan Williams looked like a fresh piece of air the short time he played early on. baffles me
2. why not wait for the buyout market?
3. if it had to be via trade, why give up an asset you were shopping around in a package for AD just days earlier so easily?

it will all be fine in the end if we add a 2nd max, but this trade deadline was one big mess. i wish we skipped it altogether

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah it was by far a bad idea to let Brook Lopez go, having a career shooting year with Bucks, and he would barely costed you much, rebounds well and shoots, even if he cant defend, stretch 5 is basically what you need with lebron it seems.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh great. Now the NBA is going to look into this to see if there is any tampering between the Lakers and Ben Simmons. Fucking beautiful. Why can't he just keep his fucking mouth shut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)