The NBA Thread (48 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
You don't trade away one of your younger players or the #2 pick so that another team will take Young.

They can just release him using the stretch provision, which means that the teams cap hit for Young would be extended by twice the amount of the years remaining on his contract to pay what is owed him

- - - Updated - - -

If it were up to me, and I could not get Lebron James, then I would keep the #2 pick, draft Ingram or Simmons, and then make sure that they at least hit the NBA Cap Floor with veterans on 1 year contracts.

Seriously, that is what I would do. Unless they can sign a young, restricted free agent to help build the young nucleus (Such as an Andre Drummond)
:agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It was genuinely amazing to watch those last minutes of the final. That block, Irving 3 pointer and one man dominating leadership of James, and how he broke down in utter draining tears after the buzzer. Powerful stuff. Plus Jr Smiths interview, beautiful to see such emotions in sports.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You don't trade away one of your younger players or the #2 pick so that another team will take Young.

They can just release him using the stretch provision, which means that the teams cap hit for Young would be extended by twice the amount of the years remaining on his contract to pay what is owed him

- - - Updated - - -

If it were up to me, and I could not get Lebron James, then I would keep the #2 pick, draft Ingram or Simmons, and then make sure that they at least hit the NBA Cap Floor with veterans on 1 year contracts.

Seriously, that is what I would do. Unless they can sign a young, restricted free agent to help build the young nucleus (Such as an Andre Drummond)
:tup: good to know we can get rid of him so easy

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The most Cap space in the league this year
Seems like a rare opportunity to put a fantasy post-season together:

C: Whiteside (Sacre) (Black)
PF: Horford (Nance Jr) (Randle)
SF: DeRozan (Young) (Brown)
SG: Clarkson (Barbosa)
PG: Williams (Russell) (Huertas)

Mix of youth and experienced power there :D Obviously there is an issue with DeRozan at 3, but that also depends on Clarkson remaining.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Seems like a rare opportunity to put a fantasy post-season together:

C: Whiteside (Sacre) (Black)
PF: Horford (Nance Jr) (Randle)
SF: DeRozan (Young) (Brown)
SG: Clarkson (Barbosa)
PG: Williams (Russell) (Huertas)

Mix of youth and experienced power there :D Obviously there is an issue with DeRozan at 3, but that also depends on Clarkson remaining.

Whiteside, Horford and Derozan

Ok, we have two options

#1) I can fly out to wherever it is you live and kick your ass,

or

#2) You can do me a solid, and save me the money and just punch yourself in the face

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
#1) Randle has a higher ceiling than Horford, so why would they spend that money on Horford when they have a 21 year old PF who was among the league leaders in double-doubles

#2) Derozan is not a small forward. He is a Shooting Guard, and we already have Clarkson to develop in that position

The only move that makes sense is Whiteside

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I did mentioned the DeRozan issue, he'd have to adapt like Kobe. Having an experienced post presence is an option at least, I don't know Horford's salary or minutes. Otherwise it would be more like an experienced C plus Randle. I'm just looking at DeRozan's background and surely there is interest from both parties.

There's just too many permutations. But three important players (two big/future stars) looks on the cards?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I did mentioned the DeRozan issue, he'd have to adapt like Kobe. Having an experienced post presence is an option at least, I don't know Horford's salary or minutes. Otherwise it would be more like an experienced C plus Randle. I'm just looking at DeRozan's background and surely there is interest from both parties.

There's just too many permutations. But three important players (two big/future stars) looks on the cards?
Who knows. We will see.

For me, if it isn't Lebron, then just continue the rebuild with the young players and try and grab a star free agent in 2017

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You can't separate lakers fans and delusion. Lebron lmao
Yeah, well, maybe you should actually check what people have been reporting lately. I'm not the one that brought this up.

Nice try though.

Because you know, he would have no desire to play in the biggest market he has ever played in before, on a team with young talent, the 2nd pick in the draft , a brand new young head coach, and by far the most cap space in the league next year

But again, I AM NOT THE ONE THAT IS REPORTING THIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, in Philadelphia, you are going to draft a kid whose entourage has been angling for a year to get him on the team with the pick directly behind yours.

- - - Updated - - -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eportedly-in-the-mix-if-star-leaves-cavaliers

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not the one that came up with this out of the blue. I have also said that when push came to shove, that Lebron wasn't going to go to Los Angeles, so please don't take my post and assume that I already think that it is some sort of done deal and call me delusional.

However.

If they do trade the #2 pick and Randle for Demarcus Cousins, they wouldn't do that unless they knew that someone BIG was coming :D

- - - Updated - - -

unreal, still can't believe it.
being a long time massive lebron fanboy this shit so sweet.
I always loved Lebron.

I just absolutely hated the way he left Cleveland.

Then, come to find out that Dan Gilbert is the biggest fucking douchebag owner in the NBA, and I changed my mind.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, well, maybe you should actually check what people have been reporting lately. I'm not the one that brought this up.

Nice try though.

Because you know, he would have no desire to play in the biggest market he has ever played in before, on a team with young talent, the 2nd pick in the draft , a brand new young head coach, and by far the most cap space in the league next year

But again, I AM NOT THE ONE THAT IS REPORTING THIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, in Philadelphia, you are going to draft a kid whose entourage has been angling for a year to get him on the team with the pick directly behind yours.

- - - Updated - - -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eportedly-in-the-mix-if-star-leaves-cavaliers

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not the one that came up with this out of the blue. I have also said that when push came to shove, that Lebron wasn't going to go to Los Angeles, so please don't take my post and assume that I already think that it is some sort of done deal and call me delusional.

However.

If they do trade the #2 pick and Randle for Demarcus Cousins, they wouldn't do that unless they knew that someone BIG was coming :D

- - - Updated - - -

I always loved Lebron.

I just absolutely hated the way he left Cleveland.

Then, come to find out that Dan Gilbert is the biggest fucking douchebag owner in the NBA, and I changed my mind.
Oh, bleacherreport is reporting it, they're very, very credible :D

And I doubt he leaves Cleveland again, he's only got a few years left in the tank.

Also, the only reason his entourage is angling for LA is because they've never been to Philly to realize how awesome of a city it is.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But that would be retarded.

And Lakers would start to remind me of AC Milan.
He called me and Lakers Fans delusional because I made a comment based on television reports and articles.

- - - Updated - - -

And I doubt he leaves Cleveland again, he's only got a few years left in the tank.

Also, the only reason his entourage is angling for LA is because they've never been to Philly to realize how awesome of a city it is.

Bleacher report is reporting something that Stephen A Smith reported.

I've been to Philly. I LOVE Philadelphia. I've also been to Los Angeles.

Sorry man, but LA>>>>Philly :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

He achieved his goal in Cleveland, the reason he returned was to deliver a championship which he did. No one would bash him this time if he leaves and while I don't think it's a sure thing he leaves, i think it's definitely a possibility

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
He called me and Lakers Fans delusional because I made a comment based on television reports and articles.

- - - Updated - - -

Bleacher report is reporting something that Stephen A Smith reported.

I've been to Philly. I LOVE Philadelphia. I've also been to Los Angeles.

Sorry man, but LA>>>>Philly :D
My bad not to point what I was referring too.

"If they do trade the #2 pick and Randle for Demarcus Cousins"

I think it would be retarded for Lakers to try and take shortcuts and in couple of seasons end up in the same position as they are now.

As you said I'd rather trust the young guns and rebuild.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)