The NBA Thread (69 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

that doesent make him the greatest of all time though
I can't see how it he wouldn't at least be in the discussion though.

I mean seriously. Look at the rest of that starting lineup, and then compare it to the starting lineups of the teams of the aforementioned players and compare them. Not one of the current Cavaliers starters aside from Lebron would start on any of the other championship teams.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I can't see how it he wouldn't at least be in the discussion though.

I mean seriously. Look at the rest of that starting lineup, and then compare it to the starting lineups of the teams of the aforementioned players and compare them. Not one of the current Cavaliers starters aside from Lebron would start on any of the other championship teams.
but also look at the teams they have faced up until the final. seriously, Atlanta with Korver as their star player in the eastern finals. do you think this Cavs team would have reached the final from the west, even when fully fit?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but also look at the teams they have faced up until the final. seriously, Atlanta with Korver as their star player in the eastern finals. do you think this Cavs team would have reached the final from the west, even when fully fit?
But you can say that about every player that you mentioned before. Those players had easy roads from time to time as well. It's not fair to hold that against Lebron when all the others had that benefit as well.Don't discredit him because other teams aren't as good.

But again, this isn't what we are talking about though. We are talking specifically about these finals. If Steph Curry had those 4 in his starting lineup, do you honestly think that they would even stand of a ghost of a chance? No, because Lebron is Lebron.

In fact, the ONLY reason why the Cavaliers even stand a chance right now is because of Lebron

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
If Lebron can somehow win this series, with the team that he has left over after 3/5ths of their starting lineup is out for the year, then he is the greatest player of all time.

You can argue all you want, but he will literally be doing this on his own. It's still a big if as to whether they can win it, but should he be able to pull this off, then he is the greatest.

Look at who he is going to battle with. Are you kidding me?
:tup: Not a fan of his but he is a one-man army, Maradona of basketball :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:tup: Not a fan of his but he is a one-man army, Maradona of basketball :D
All you have to do is just take a look at that roster and try not to laugh your ass off at how bad it is.

Again, it's still probably a longshot, but if he can do that, with this team, to me that officially puts him on the Mt. Rushmore of greatest of all time.

That roster is awful right now :howler:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
But you can say that about every player that you mentioned before. Those players had easy roads from time to time as well. It's not fair to hold that against Lebron when all the others had that benefit as well.Don't discredit him because other teams aren't as good.

But again, this isn't what we are talking about though. We are talking specifically about these finals. If Steph Curry had those 4 in his starting lineup, do you honestly think that they would even stand of a ghost of a chance? No, because Lebron is Lebron.

In fact, the ONLY reason why the Cavaliers even stand a chance right now is because of Lebron
i understand your point, what James is doing this season is indeed special, but not enough to justify being a greater player than some of the above mentioned. if he does win it this year, i think he can enter top 10 players of all time though.

- - - Updated - - -

All you have to do is just take a look at that roster and try not to laugh your ass off at how bad it is.

Again, it's still probably a longshot, but if he can do that, with this team, to me that officially puts him on the Mt. Rushmore of greatest of all time.

That roster is awful right now :howler:
and its not as bad a roster as you make it out to be :D

some of those guys would start for most NBA teams + they play and defend incredibly well as a team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i understand your point, what James is doing this season is indeed special, but not enough to justify being a greater player than some of the above mentioned. if he does win it this year, i think he can enter top 10 players of all time though.

- - - Updated - - -

and its not as bad a roster as you make it out to be :D

some of those guys would start for most NBA teams + they play and defend incredibly well as a team.
Oh come on now. That is an awful starting lineup. With the exception of Lebron, not one of those other players would start for Golden State. Not one of them.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Oh come on now. That is an awful starting lineup. With the exception of Lebron, not one of those other players would start for Golden State. Not one of them.
its not great i agree, but also not really awful. James-Smith-Shumpert-Thompson-Mozgov. i think James and Mozgov would be starting for GS. what their team lacks is 1 or 2 more players on the bench to being able to rest the starters more. should be enough quality for the best player in the world, especially when playing on the weaker conference and when he had one of the best PGs in the league for the majority of the playoffs. now they are over performing in this series, and should they win James could enter top 10 as i already said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 56)