The NBA Thread (75 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Jazz are sick this season. But still come playoff time dont see them beating the Lakers if they are healthy.

And defenitely Nuggets dont have the arsenal to take on the Lakers.

In unrelated note, Draymond speaking the truth:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Jazz are sick this season. But still come playoff time dont see them beating the Lakers if they are healthy.

And defenitely Nuggets dont have the arsenal to take on the Lakers.

In unrelated note, Draymond speaking the truth:

have you seen Anthony Davis this year? Dude can’t stay healthy for longer than weeks at a time. Lebron can only carry that team for so long and they already just went to three straight overtimes. Jazz and Nuggets look better imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This is the regular season, not playoffs. And AD has been injured or playing with injury half the season so far. If its playoffs and he is healthy, Nuggets dont have the arsenal to deal them damage over 7 games my man, they lost their defenders, not added to it. And Jazz will go down to relying on Mitchell to do all the scoring again in playoff crunch time, their shit is clicking because they shooting lights out in 3s, best perimeter team in the league right now. But during playoffs, teams just dial in defensively, especially on 3s, so it will be another ball game. Will need to rely on iso scoring, and who does that besides young Spida.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Maybe, defense does usually get tighter in the playoffs but from what we saw last playoffs, there were a lot of high scoring games.

also, just saw that draymond green thing. Makes no sense, dude just likes to bitch. What’s wrong with the Cavs sitting Drummond if they don’t intend on keeping him? And how does that relate to Harden? If anything, his own teammates were the ones shittalking him more than the organization, I remember Cousins talking shit on him more than anyone.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This is the regular season, not playoffs. And AD has been injured or playing with injury half the season so far. If its playoffs and he is healthy, Nuggets dont have the arsenal to deal them damage over 7 games my man, they lost their defenders, not added to it. And Jazz will go down to relying on Mitchell to do all the scoring again in playoff crunch time, their shit is clicking because they shooting lights out in 3s, best perimeter team in the league right now. But during playoffs, teams just dial in defensively, especially on 3s, so it will be another ball game. Will need to rely on iso scoring, and who does that besides young Spida.
the difference for the jazz this season has been players like Conley, Clarkson and Bojan stepping up.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
the difference for the jazz this season has been players like Conley, Clarkson and Bojan stepping up.
Oh that's true. Especially Bojan being missed in bubble playoffs hurt them alot. And Clarkson looking like 6th man of the year level. But we seen too many times a team who roll over everyone in regular season crumble in playoffs, when the pressure, defensive and gameplan is narrowed down the the basics of isco scoring and elite defense. Hard to see a Conley, Clarkson or Bojan being the reasons why they kick out two superstars in Bron and AD.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Maybe, defense does usually get tighter in the playoffs but from what we saw last playoffs, there were a lot of high scoring games.

also, just saw that draymond green thing. Makes no sense, dude just likes to bitch. What’s wrong with the Cavs sitting Drummond if they don’t intend on keeping him? And how does that relate to Harden? If anything, his own teammates were the ones shittalking him more than the organization, I remember Cousins talking shit on him more than anyone.
You don't see the complete hypocrisy of villifying players and fining them 100k for requesting trade, calling them cancer, unprofessional wackos etc. But when the the organisation does it, and embarrasses the players, its all seen like a normal thing?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You don't see the complete hypocrisy of villifying players and fining them 100k for requesting trade, calling them cancer, unprofessional wackos etc. But when the the organisation does it, and embarrasses the players, its all seen like a normal thing?
Organizations shouldn’t shit talk their players

harden was shit talked by wall and cousins and it was 100% deserved. he wasn’t trying and was wasting their time. at that point it’s just like why even show up

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
their own teammates and fans are the ones doing that, not the teams. And yes, teams should be allowed to trade players, I don’t see how that’s a bad thing. It’s literally part of every sport.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Organizations shouldn’t shit talk their players

harden was shit talked by wall and cousins and it was 100% deserved. he wasn’t trying and was wasting their time. at that point it’s just like why even show up
Oh I know and I agree. Its not about just Harden tho (and Draymond pointed out how his behavior was wrong), it can be with any player past and present. The narrative changes completely when it suits the organisations or media. There is no loyalty in this shit with how they treat players too, so should call them out for it. And not just vilify players who want out.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I agree with Draymond´s overall point on the player vs team media narrative.

But the Drummond example made no sense to me. The Cavs are literally doing him a favour, sitting him to avoid injury so he can possibly be traded to a contender while still getting paid. Rumours of Nets and some others. That´s a win-win for him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Wolves are easily the worst team in the NBA, but I honestly don't understand how. Their record should be better - they're a better team than this.

Magic would be nowhere without Vucevic.

I really hope to see The 76ers, Nuggets, Jazz, Nets, Bucks, and Clippers fighting it out for the NBA title.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Wolves are easily the worst team in the NBA, but I honestly don't understand how. Their record should be better - they're a better team than this.

Magic would be nowhere without Vucevic.

I really hope to see The 76ers, Nuggets, Jazz, Nets, Bucks, and Clippers fighting it out for the NBA title.
Clippers :inter:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Enron Not good day for Jazz lol, the refs fucking them over in Philly game, then Lebron making a mockery of them in Allstars picking of rosters LOL

Twellmans rant here is hilarious:

Mitchell hella salty:

Agree with Max here, it was more about Mitchell choking away then the refs screw ups on the final result:

The refs are COMPLETELY awful all season, and generally big market teams get much better reffing calls, Philly and Lakers get preferential treatment routinely in games I seen . Simply cuz as big names, if you bark at the refs enough, you condition refs to give you better calls, Bron allways on refs, and Doc Rivers lives in refs ears, he was same with Clippers, they used to get FTs much easier with Doc nagging, now they dont anymore this season, and now in Philly Embiid gets foul calls as soon as you breath on him lol (worst in league is Trae Young, is like Harden times 3, gets 20 fts a night just walking by opponents).

But in general the refs are just awful, they giving techs for yelling And1 after you get a foul call for you, happend to Harrell LOL, you get a tech for screaming at your teammate to get back in defense (Draymond get this for yelling at Wiseman lol). The ref assumed he was yelling at ref/opponent, when no one was close. What happend to Booker vs Lakers...Reddick ejection for NOTHING lol, and MANY MANY more awful calls that just happend this weeek, not whole season but this week.

How inept refs are can be explained by this example, its 40 seconds left down 6,, A wolves guard and Towns crowd the opponent to a corner and about to steal/give turnover. The ref gives foul on Towns, he didnt, he was just crowding in his vicinity him to get turnover, Towns is EJECTED FOR THIS. Towns asks the ref why the hell did you give a foul? The ref straight up says I thought you were going for one touch auto foul to give the opponents free throws so you can get the ball back quicker, trying to help you out. Can you imagine how incompetent this sounds? Towns goes BANANAS, says wtf? We were about to get the turnover, this is BS.

A ref instead of judge on what happens, is trying to "predict" what should happen and just make up a call. And this happens on weekly basis.

Feels like this league isnt a legit athletic competition, but narrative based entertainment show, which the refs going for whats most exciting, or what fits the money makers, aka the superstars and big market teams etc. Phantom calls happening way and way more.

P.S I dont think Jazz complains are even top 10 worst worthy whatsoever , but they finally speaking up cuz they are small market team, and if they dont complain like rest do, it will get worse.

- - - Updated - - -

@Enron Not good day for Jazz lol, the refs fucking them over in Philly game, then Lebron making a mockery of them in Allstars picking of rosters LOL

Twellmans rant here is hilarious:

Mitchell hella salty:

Agree with Max here, it was more about Mitchell choking away then the refs screw ups on the final result:

The refs are COMPLETELY awful all season, and generally big market teams get much better reffing calls, Philly and Lakers get preferential treatment routinely in games I seen . Simply cuz as big names, if you bark at the refs enough, you condition refs to give you better calls, Bron allways on refs, and Doc Rivers lives in refs ears, he was same with Clippers, they used to FTs much easier with Doc nagging, now they dont anymore this season, and now in Philly Embiid gets foul calls as soon as you breath on him lol.

But in general the refs are just awful, they giving techs for yelling And1 after you get a foul call for you, happend to Harrell LOL, you get a tech for screaming at your teammate to get back in defense (Draymond get this for yelling at Wiseman lol). The ref assumed he was yelling at ref/opponent, when no one was close. What happend to Booker vs Lakers...shameful..... and MANY MANY more awful calls that just happend this weeek, not whole season but this week.

How inept refs are can be explained by this example, its 40 seconds left down 6,, A wolves guard and Towns crowd the opponent to a corner and about to steal/give turnover. The ref gives foul on Towns, he didnt, he was just crowding in his vicinity him to get turnover, Towns is EJECTED FOR THIS. Towns asks the ref why the hell did you give a foul? The ref straight up says I thought you were going for one touch auto foul to give the opponents free throws so you can get the ball back quicker, trying to help you out. Can you imagine how incompetent this sounds? Towns goes BANANAS, says wtf? We were about to get the turnover, this is BS.

A ref instead of judge on what happens, is trying to "predict" what should happen and just make up a call. And this happens on weekly basis.

Feels like this league isnt a legit athletic competition, but narrative based entertainment show, which the refs going for whats most exciting, or what fits the money makers, aka the superstars and big market teams etc. Phantom calls happening way and way more. I mean they look at the screen on replay, and still stick with a phantom call, because litterally its like they not allowed to not show favoritisim.

P.S I dont think Jazz complains/ref calls on them are even top 10 worst worthy whatsoever , but they finally speaking up cuz they are small market team, and if they dont complain like rest do, it will get worse.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
@Osman just saying that Embiid get a a lot of foul calls because he plays in the post and legit gets fouled a lot since that’s the only way to try to contain him, he’s not trae young or James harden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 65)