The my language threads (1 Viewer)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
A while back we had a "scandiavian language thread". That was my absolute favourite. I don't really feel confie writing in English since I know most of my lines would sound like a robot throw a speaker. In my native language I can be more natural. I don't really see the harm in having threads like that, it's no different then Nick against the world, besides its exclusive to some. And it doesn't make less people log on to the forums and discuss the "important" matters, quite the opposite. Almost all people here have a favourite topic but it doesn't slow them down when they have an opinion in an other thread.

Would it really suck if there was a section where we could talk bogus without translating? This is an international forum after all, and English should remain prior in all other threads, but just one for Swedish would that really suck? I bet it wouldn't change the forum for anyone but us who speak whatever as a native language.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Im not against that mate, though Swedish isn't my language!
but what about other languages?!
if its ok as well, then no harm done :toast:

OP
peckface

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    I mean a section where we can fit ALL languages.

I bet you could understand Swedish if you looked at it long enough dude. ;) I understand quite a lot German. They are both Germanic languages.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sorry, guys. This topic comes up all the time. But posting in other languages other than English as a general rule is against the forum rules.

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13533

Note Rule #1:

The rules apply to all boards at Juventuz. The owner and moderators of Juventuz reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Failure in following our rules will result in a warning and in some cases a ban. These rules may be updated without notice, so keep an eye on them.

DO NOT!
    • Post in any language other than English.
    The rule isn't there to be just a pain in the ***. Afterall, I like to write and read in Italian once in a while -- and why not on a Juve site, right? Wrong. There's a variety of practical reasons for not allowing it, not the least of which that moderators have no ability to sort out when people are insulting each other. (as if that would ever happen here. :p)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    I agree swag...
    to keep everything clear and in order better just to post in English.
    on a side note : English isn't my mother language

OP
    peckface

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Yeah Greg I understand the reasons behind it all. But as we know from the Martin I it works to have these threads. Everyone who posted in that thread were very active outside of it as well. I hope you can back me up on that Martin.

Yes that quote is what inspired me to post this, to change it.

I didn't really read the other threads posted but I recognized em. To be honest the Scandinavian thread contained nothing valuable enough, only pure shit of conversations were going on in there. :D But I liked it. It wouldn't be an issue keeping all other sectons in English, just create a tiny little section with a catchie name and voula.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah Greg I understand the reasons behind it all. But as we know from the Martin I it works to have these threads. Everyone who posted in that thread were very active outside of it as well.
    That's not really true, and I remember us mods talking much about it. The Scandinavian thread work, and several others, but some also didn't work at all. The best (or worst) example was the Spanish language thread(link below), where some posters were closing in on 5k posts, and things that could have been discussed elsewhere on the forum was the topic.

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951&highlight=espanol

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I don't see any harm of opening those threads.. this will help other serious threads have less off topic in it

OP
    peckface

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    That's not really true, and I remember us mods talking much about it. The Scandinavian thread work, and several others, but some also didn't work at all. The best (or worst) example was the Spanish language thread(link below), where some posters were closing in on 5k posts, and things that could have been discussed elsewhere on the forum was the topic.

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951&highlight=espanol
    I don't see anything bad in that thread. It mostly contains discussions between old school membs like Jess, Fabi and Espectro and neither of them were exclusive to that thread. Not to mentioned it's the one and only two thumbs and doesn't give a shit Slagathor who opened it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)