The Milan Derby (1 Viewer)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Watching the Milan derby, I am struck by the fact that both Milan and Inter between them possess the very things that Juve needs most - from an attacking viewpoint.

Milan - throughout the whole team they have tremendous technical ability. How can Milan afford to play with Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Kaka, Shevchenko - and still have the tightest defence?

Juve usually has mostly defensive players in it's midfield, without any real creativity. Milan look like being able to create chances from anywhere on the pitch, from any number of players. Juve relies on either Neddy or DP for it's creativity and we saw the cost of that when Neddy was out in the CL final. Player for player, Milan are on a different level. The skill and quality throughout the team puts Juve to shame (in my humble opinion).

Inter - Inter are more like Juve with more defensive midfield players in the centre of midfield, however, up front they have 2 players who can take the fight to other teams and create chances for themselves, so Inter's lack of creativity in midfield doesn't really matter.

What I am getting at, is that Juve have neither great technical ability or creativity (from all but 3 or 4 of their players) , nor do they have a forward line who can operate without midfield support. This worries me.

I'm sure you are all going to shoot my arguments down in flames, but you have to admit that Juve doesn't have either of these things that the Milan teams can call upon (and Roma etc). Yes there is the Juve fighting spirit, but that is not enough.

I want Moggi to bring in more technically minded players (i.e. Rosicky), so we don't end up relying on players like Tacchinardi who can't open a bag of crisps let alone the opposing defence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Very good argument, and I agree on it, but then again, we have players like Maresca, Miccoli, Di Vaio, Camo, all who are capable technical players, but Lippi, unfourtunately, doesn't like playing too many technical players at once. But it is true, Milan can hold up possession really well and can create chances with most of their midfeild players, while Juve is more a defensive midfield team.

If you ask me, Juve's weakest point is not the defense, it's the midfield. We need more creativity.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
you're making it sound too complicated.

We only need one more playmaker and a couple of defenders...

all problems solved.

OP
Monkfish

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Yes IceBlu, I know that, everyone else here knows that.....

........but does Moggi?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    inter couldn't handle this 2-0 , akhhhhhh how it hurts to b back 6points:<:<:< that if bolognia wont screw us up! :<:< to hell with INTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Last year in Italy Juve had a serious problem with top teams, but in spite grabbed the scudetto (I don't think we beat anyone, did we?). This year- Roma and Milan got stronger while we stayed on last's year's level.

If we can play in Europe as well as we did last year- hell with Seria A. We need our third CL cup! Juve will get its third star on the jerseys much faster than Milan will get its second!

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    always when you refer to inter remmember that they are the tema
    of losers and even if they played with 15men they will loose ,imagine
    vieri ,adriano and stanovic and leading 2-0 and they lost , what a stupid
    team:D

rae

Il Conservatore
    Nov 12, 2003
    yeahhhh we won and we are not afraid of fukin ASR
    fuk ya fuk ya suk my **** totti
    oh well I have a bit too much swears here but at least we are ready to attain or aim in near future - scudetto - the 17th in history but not the last

Aug 1, 2003
    You know I'm starting to think that Seedorf personally hates Juve. Remember while he was at Inter and we were leading 2-0 and he produced 2 spectacular goals to level with us?? and now it's with Milan when we clearly would have loved at least a draw.

Sigh.

Jul 28, 2002
    So to all the inter fans....i hope ur poor run continues cos it bring the rest of us gr8 entertainment :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)