The love thread. (31 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
Well, whatever they are, they are the closest thing we have to an explanation. You could argue many things, if things exsist or not. Like, ouji boards. Just cos you cant see something moving the piece, doesnt mean something is not there. Like UV waves, they cause cancer, can you seem them? No. If something cannot be scientifically proved, it is stupid to say it is wrong. You can only say that when it has been proven to be wrong.
Just because its the best we came up with doesn't mean its right. Or close to that.

A few centuries ago the best people could come up with was that the earth was flat and the sun revolved around us, because we were the centre of the universe.

Who knows what mankind will know in a few centuries from now. Catch my drift.

anyway, you avoided my question, or do u simply not know what darwinism is?
I don't believe in it. I don't believe in any theory: I believe we don't know because we have no proof.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Its only as serious as you make it to be. Love is something that came out of human fear to be alone but that's exactly what we are: in essence, we are all alone.

We come onto this world alone and we leave it alone; any hardships in between that are rushing your way can only be stopped by you. Don't think those pats on the back and support from other people can win you a battle - you still have to do it yourself.

The odd thing about the universe is that mankind seemingly doesn't belong here but us ignorant beings are seeking reasons for our existence. What if it was just a biological accident? Then love (or any emotion for that matter) doesn't exist at all.

You may laugh at that, I'm not sure I really believe it myself. But I was just trying to show that you can take anything and make it as real as you want. Including love.
You know what's funny? That I do agree with everything you said in bold: that we are alone as humans and that we are biological accidents, but I disagree that love doesnt exist. You may never came accross it, but it's just you, who never meet it, not that it doesnt exist at all.

It's always like that: people who met love, believe in it, but people who never meet it say: it doesnt exist, instead of: I never meet it.

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #124
    We are talking about the evolution of love, which darwinism plays a part in. We love people because they hold good genes for our children, therefore 'they are fit', so thats why the fit survive, they pass on their good genes.

Jan 7, 2004
    We are talking about the evolution of love, which darwinism plays a part in. We love people because they hold good genes for our children, therefore 'they are fit', so thats why the fit survive, they pass on their good genes.

you dont need love for that. just an unprotected night of passion

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #127

Just because its the best we came up with doesn't mean its right. Or close to that.

A few centuries ago the best people could come up with was that the earth was flat and the sun revolved around us, because we were the centre of the universe.

Who knows what mankind will know in a few centuries from now. Catch my drift.

I don't believe in it. I don't believe in any theory: I believe we don't know because we have no proof.
    I understand your point completely, dont worry there.:) But i guess u could argue its personality traits. I choose to believe in something to me sounds logical. however, you want proof, which is also admirable, and that is how christopher columbus discoverd america, but theroys is also how einstein is able to come up with things, and same with isaac newton. So both, in essence, are not bad things.

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    i dont believe in Darwin's theory of evolution... IMO its crap (no offense to those who believe it)... :)

Anyways,can anyone define the word "Love" exactly??

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    You know what's funny? That I do agree with everything you said in bold: that we are alone as humans and that we are biological accidents, but I disagree that love doesnt exist. You may never came accross it, but it's just you, who never meet it, not that it doesnt exist at all.

It's always like that: people who met love, believe in it, but people who never meet it say: it doesnt exist, instead of: I never meet it.
    That's exactly it: I don't believe in for I've never experienced it.

If you think you've come across it: bless you. I hope it improves your life. I really do.

I understand your point completely, dont worry there.:) But i guess u could argue its personality traits. I choose to believe in something to me sounds logical. however, you want proof, which is also admirable, and that is how christopher columbus discoverd america, but theroys is also how einstein is able to come up with things, and same with isaac newton. So both, in essence, are not bad things.
    That's very true. Let's keep it at that: we're two of different kinds ;)

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #130
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

you dont need love for that. just an unprotected night of passion
    :howler:

yeah well why do you leap in the sack with someone, cos they look good. If they look good, by definetion, they are bound to be healthy (thats what the caveman insticnt is). A trait we want for our kids.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #131

That's exactly it: I don't believe in for I've never experienced it.

If you think you've come across it: bless you. I hope it improves your life. I really do.

That's very true. Let's keep it at that: we're two of different kinds ;)
    How old are you Erik (if you dont mind my asking..)

Ps.

What a thread!! :cool:

Jan 7, 2004

:howler:

yeah well why do you leap in the sack with someone, cos they look good. If they look good, by definetion, they are bound to be healthy (thats what the caveman insticnt is). A trait we want for our kids.

not really. thats just coz we see all those "hot" women on tv and we get brainwashed.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #133
    true, however if we think they look good, we subcionsly (or however u spell that word) think that our children will look good.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++

Anyways,can anyone define the word "Love" exactly??

1. very strong affection: an intense feeling of tender affection and compassion
    Young children need unconditional love.

2. passionate attraction and desire: a passionate feeling of romantic desire and sexual attraction
    3. somebody much loved: somebody who is loved romantically
    He was her first real love.

4. romantic affair: a romantic affair, possibly sexual
    5. strong liking: strong liking for or pleasure gained from something
    his love of music

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. :lazy:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    By the western world's definition of what looks good, choosing 'hot' women is a horrible choice if all you're worried about is childbearing prowess. If you're trying to bear children for the sake of the survival of the human race, you definitely wouldn't go for the tiny hips that this civilisation so glorifies

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++

Yeah i think thats exactly right.

Although im talking about small things, not out right flirting :D

When i say that it either means.

1) Lets see if your not a total idiot and maybe i can start to consider liking you.

2) Thats cool but that guy is waay more my type, if that dosent work out maybe your in with a shot :D

You girls really are evil... :frown:

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    I bet everyone who has tried to explain love is single :D

And i think love as an emotion is overrated. If you like someone, over time you will love them if you want to.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #139
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

1. very strong affection: an intense feeling of tender affection and compassion
    Young children need unconditional love.

2. passionate attraction and desire: a passionate feeling of romantic desire and sexual attraction
    3. somebody much loved: somebody who is loved romantically
    He was her first real love.

4. romantic affair: a romantic affair, possibly sexual
    5. strong liking: strong liking for or pleasure gained from something
    his love of music

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. :lazy:
    This really says alot about you ;)

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    By the western world's definition of what looks good, choosing 'hot' women is a horrible choice if all you're worried about is childbearing prowess. If you're trying to bear children for the sake of the survival of the human race, you definitely wouldn't go for the tiny hips that this civilisation so glorifies

thnx for putting it in big words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)