The love thread. (16 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
now, love doesnt happen mainly because guys and girls speak a different language. no one of the people here (which i am not gonna mention for obvious reasons) had this same problem, maybe this will help him. On the left it is what is said, and on the right it's what is ment.

Girls' English

Yes = No
No = Yes
May-b = No
"It's your decision" = The correct decision should be obvious by now!
" Do what u want" = You'll pay 4 this later!
We need to talk" = I need to *****.
"Sure......Go ahead" = I don't want you too.
" I'm not upset" = Of course I'm upset, u stupid moron!
" How much do u love me?" = I did something today your not goin' like me 4.
"Is my butt fat?" = Tell me i'm beautiful.
" You have to learn to communicate!" = Just agree with me.
" Are you listening to me?" = Too late, you're dead!

Guy's English

" I'm hungry" = I'm hungry
" I'm sleepy" = I'm sleepy
" I'm tired " - I'm tired
" Do you want to go to a movie?" = I'd eventaully like to have sex with you.
" Can I take you to dinner?" = I'd eventaully like to have sex with you.
" Can I call you sometime?" = I'd eventaully like to have sex with you.
" May I have this dance?" = I'd eventaully like to have sex with you.
"Nice dress" = Nice cleavage.
" You look tensed, let me give you a massage" = I want to fondle you.
" What's wrong? " = What meaningless self inflicted pshychological trauma are you going through now?
" What's wrong?" = I guess sex tonight is out of the question.
"I'm bored" = Do you want to have sex?
" I love you" = Let's have sex right now.
" I love you too" = Okay i said it we'd better have sex now!
" Let's talk" = I am tryin' to impress you by shown that I'm a deep person and maybe then you'd like to have sex with me!
" Will you marry me?" = I want to make it illegel 4 you to have sex with other guys.

Oh yeah, sorry if you read this before

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #102
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Its only as serious as you make it to be. Love is something that came out of human fear to be alone but that's exactly what we are: in essence, we are all alone.

We come onto this world alone and we leave it alone; any hardships in between that are rushing your way can only be stopped by you. Don't think those pats on the back and support from other people can win you a battle - you still have to do it yourself.

The odd thing about the universe is that mankind seemingly doesn't belong here but us ignorant beings are seeking reasons for our existence. What if it was just a biological accident? Then love (or any emotion for that matter) doesn't exist at all.

You may laugh at that, I'm not sure I really believe it myself. But I was just trying to show that you can take anything and make it as real as you want. Including love.
    Read some books on human evolution mate.

Actually I think love came out of the need for two people to be together to protect their child, which is basically a means to protect the survival of the spicies. Two parents can protect a child more than one, hence love. It's even been porven that most divorces with children come when the child is 7, because it's beggining to get more or less independant and is easier to take care of.
    Zlatan is right. We have 2 roles in life, to exsist, and to mate. whatever you do, subcionciously, is to either survive or mate. Whatever, so if u think of any smart solutions to beat this theroy, it always links back to this. That is why love is there, so we can protect our offspring, and raise it well. That is why we love other humans too, because we think that they have the right qualities your child would want to have, so you fall in love with them, and hopefully have a child with them. its wired in us, its INSTINCT.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Hmm that doesn't explain why (in the stone age or whatever) men went around hopping every woman they could find to protect the survival of the species - yet they never stayed with one for longer than it took to enpregnant her.

Because int the stone age the concept of family was much different than it was now. You had a tribal family, where the whole tribe acted like one big family, helping eachother, having sex with eachother, etc, so the child was even more protected. IMO, it is only after man became monogamous that love developed.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #104
    We evolved differently. Our society looks down on it now, so we restrain our urges and keep one mate. Our enviroment, how we are raised, stops us from being like the animals.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    Read some books on human evolution mate.
    All those books are theory cause we don't know jack shit about where we came from. Reading them is then useless if you seek knowledge rather than information.

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Because int the stone age the concept of family was much different than it was now. You had a tribal family, where the whole tribe acted like one big family, helping eachother, having sex with eachother, etc, so the child was even more protected. IMO, it is only after man became monogamous that love developed.
    That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard. First there was no love because there were tribes, then we changed our lifestyle and love came into existence? Piss off. That's even worse than religious explanations as to why we're on this earth in the first place.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #108
    The theroys make sense. Tell me you dont belive darwinism. Go on, tell me.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    The theories don't make sense: none of the existing theories does. Just because you happen to have chosen to believe it doesn't mean it can be proved.

I edited my above post btw

Love is here Erik, no matter how it cme to be. Why dont you just embrace it

[/dr. Phil]
    :howler:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

All those books are theory cause we don't know jack shit about where we came from. Reading them is then useless if you seek knowledge rather than information.

That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard. First there was no love because there were tribes, then we changed our lifestyle and love came into existence? Piss off. That's even worse than religious explanations as to why we're on this earth in the first place.

OK, lets hear your explenation.

EDIT: Who said we have a reason, a point to life??

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    OK, lets hear your explenation.
    My explanation of what? Love? I already gave it.

Of life I have no explanation - I'm convinced we (and none of us) will ever find out either unless we can develop a time machine, in which case I would be the first to hit the start button.

I don't know. I certainly didn't. When did we go to that exactly?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    The theroys make sense. Tell me you dont belive darwinism. Go on, tell me.
    i don't believe in darwinism

See the Religious Discussion thread for that debate, it's long over and I think both 'sides' have made their points

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #115
    Well, whatever they are, they are the closest thing we have to an explanation. You could argue many things, if things exsist or not. Like, ouji boards. Just cos you cant see something moving the piece, doesnt mean something is not there. Like UV waves, they cause cancer, can you seem them? No. If something cannot be scientifically proved, it is stupid to say it is wrong. You can only say that when it has been proven to be wrong.

anyway, you avoided my question, or do u simply not know what darwinism is?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Me :D
    I'm convinced we (and none of us) will ever find out either unless we can develop a time machine, in which case I would be the first to hit the start button.
    Start button!? I wouldn't step into a time machine made by Microsoft if my life depended on it :geek:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

I don't know. I certainly didn't. When did we go to that exactly?

When you said its even worse than relegious resaons to life. What I meant is that I dont believe we have any perticular reason to life.

OP
    Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #118
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

buddy, even communism was a great theory that supposebly worked.
    Works on paper mate, not in practice like many things. You choose to ignore that darwinism works in practice too, aswell as theroy.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
    btw guys: maybe it's just me, BUT... I think that you tend to see signal, even if they werent given to you by girls.

It's like you look for them so hard, that you see them, even if they dont exist.

maybe that's the problem as well?
    Yeah i think thats exactly right.

Although im talking about small things, not out right flirting :D

Yeah, they're evil.

Let me ask you something Gray, when you tell a girl you like her, and she answeres "It's good to know", WHAT THE FVCK is that supposed to mean??? :mad:

Cool down, man, it's ok... :lazy:
    When i say that it either means.

1) Lets see if your not a total idiot and maybe i can start to consider liking you.

2) Thats cool but that guy is waay more my type, if that dosent work out maybe your in with a shot :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)