The Juventus For Life Thread (6 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I had a very simple but great juventino moment this morning.

No question, this is the kind of season that shakes out all the fair-weather fans and makes it painful to watch for the rest of us who stick through it.

Now where I live, the calcio fans are few and far-between. There are posers in ManU or Arsenal or the occasional Chelsea gear. Even Pool from time to time. And you do see an occasional Inter jersey or Milan jacket.

But Juve is pretty rare. So when you do run into one, it's almost an event -- like being the only two black kids in a suburban high school of 500 white people and finally coming across each other in the hallway one day.

I haven't been wearing my Juve gear much lately, as I normally do. It's not about the embarrassment of this year's squad, which doesn't help. A friend of mine who runs the neighborhood Sardinian restaurant is a huge juventino, but he winces everytime I come in the door with my Juve jacket on -- reminding him of woe. But the main reason I'm not wearing my colors much lately is that I'm wearing rain gear all the time -- because of the weather. (This is SF's season for it, because between the months of May and October San Francisco averages only 2cm of rainfall.)

So on the way to work this morning, out of the subway, here comes walking the other "black kid in high school" -- a random guy wearing his Juve colors. Seeing that, in a season such as this one, was oddly reassuring and uplifting. It was a reminder of fan support in tough times. Which was probably the reason I joined these forums 7 years ago to begin with.

I guess I don't have too much to add here, other than a sort of silver lining to this season for me is the persistent fans despite these hard times.

In other words to my fellow juventini: "I love you, man!" :touched: :p

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
For some reason I thought of Swag as one of those guys that don't really care too much about the Juventus side of the forums. My bad. But yeah, it's a similar situation here, Juventino are so rare wqe hail each other out in public.

One good thing about being Juventino is that other teams' fans know you ain't a joke. People always say respect to me because they know the shit Juve went through and I stuck with her, and that is a rare thing amongst the kind of fans we have here.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Not here they aren't. Then again, if they were English fanboys they wouldn't make it very far here, you know with the racist thugs that love Ireland but support United and Liverpool :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
For some reason I thought of Swag as one of those guys that don't really care too much about the Juventus side of the forums. My bad. But yeah, it's a similar situation here, Juventino are so rare wqe hail each other out in public.

One good thing about being Juventino is that other teams' fans know you ain't a joke. People always say respect to me because they know the shit Juve went through and I stuck with her, and that is a rare thing amongst the kind of fans we have here.

I'M STILL HERE DAMMIT!!!

FORZA JUVE!!!
Damn right! I'm going out tonight in my Juve pullover and giving a "big f*ck you!" to anybody who looks at me funny! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)