The...I want this player to Juve thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Wasn't that also the case when Lippi came to Juve?!! and since we can't bring a world class coach, should we stick to our current coach who didn't add to this team?!!!
You're back to Lippi again. This is really a never ending discussion and I will end it here

FUCK Prandelli!! The most overrated coach ever.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
our problems are in the squad not the coach... we are where we are because of del piero...if del piero was never on form we would be challenging for a CL spot rather than the scudetto.
ranieri is doing a good job with the very little finance and the shit squad we have.. lippi would do better but not much better.
I said this somewhere else.. if we are gonna add some new superstars to the squad then we should get a great coach... if we will continue buying shit players or not buying at all.. then lets keep ranieri.
something tells me we'll not flex our wallets and we'll stick with ranieri.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
In 2007-08 our budget if you count transfers in minus transfers out was about 50m € because we just came back from Serie B.

This season(2008-09) we spent about 15m €.

Next season we should afford spending about 32-38m € with the CL $$$ and other revenues. Add to that what you can get for the players you want to sell from our current roster and loan/co-ownership deals it can go up about 20m+ depending who you want to sell.

If we spend it wisely I think we can really filed a top notch team next season to compete with any big club in Italy and the rest of Europe.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
In 2007-08 our budget if you count transfers in minus transfers out was about 50m € because we just came back from Serie B.

This season(2008-09) we spent about 15m €.

If we spend it wisely I think we can really filed a top notch team next season to compete with any big club in Italy and the rest of Europe.
Thats the magic word "wisely". I'd rather spend 20-25 mil on a single quality player than splashing 30-40 mil on 3-4 players who will "most likely" turn out to be average...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He never striked me as someone who's good enough for a big team. I watched him a bit when he was in Mallorca, i also saw him in the U21 Euro's. He's got a wicked shot on him and he's a decent player, but is he really good enough?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I like him a lot but I'm probably biased.I think he got everything...he's acting like a real professional while his shot is great,he is not slow and his crosses are decent.Classy goal,

I think he's going to end up in Juve.Media here is also talking about it.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
As for Fred or any other wizard that knows about Ligue. How much do you think Bastos could go for and are there any fb' that we could get who are potentially wc or already are wc?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lille wouldn't want to let go of Bastos easily. But French teams are not known for their ability to keep their players. I think if a big team really wanted him, he'll go for something between 7-10 Million Euro's. Dunga btw said that he liked Bastos, and that if he kept playing like this, he would get a callup to the NT.

As for the fullbacks, i do not see any good enough leftback. Jeremy Mathieu of Toulouse was a pretty good leftback. Roma was interested in him last summer, but a leg injury that put him out for 4 months badly affected his season and his form. He's been average lately. Taiwo is viewed as the best leftback in the Ligue, but i don't think he's good enough either. Too clumsy for my liking, he makes basic mistakes that make him look average sometimes. He gets away with them in the Ligue, but he probably won't get away with them in a big league.

As for the rightback position. I believe Dabo of St Etienne will develop into a fine fullback. Very versatile player, he can play leftback as well, and he can play as a defensive midfielder. Bags of pace and stamina, covers a lot of ground and is almost impossible to beat. I think this guy would be a very good signing. He would definitely be a big upgrade over Grygera.

Geof

May 14, 2004
What do you think of Eden Hazard, Geof?
I must say that I haven't seen enough of him. I followed him a bit, saw some highlights of recent matches with Lille, and obviously I'm impressed. What this guy has show is nothing short of phenomenal.

I tend to be cautious about his future, as hundreds of things can still break his carreer, but he's definitively one of the top upcoming players. His speed and ball control (perfectly two-footed) are very promising. If I were a scout, I'd definitively shortlist him and enquire about his contract.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Definitely a talented player. I like him very much. He's doing really well for Lille this season, still a bit raw though, but the talent is there for everyone to see. Next season will be his breakthrough season I'm positive. Pace, two footed, close ball control and he's an excellent dribbler. Definitely a bigger talent than Mirallas if you ask me.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
As for the rightback position. I believe Dabo of St Etienne will develop into a fine fullback. Very versatile player, he can play leftback as well, and he can play as a defensive midfielder. Bags of pace and stamina, covers a lot of ground and is almost impossible to beat. I think this guy would be a very good signing. He would definitely be a big upgrade over Grygera.
i dont watch the french league and dont want to be the game spoiler, but looking at his stats he did not even manage one assist in 78 games.

his stats

Games 78
goals 1
own-goals 1
assists 0

if he is sound defensive, than i would agree to go for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)