The...I want this player to Juve thread (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
so Ranieri was right?Yes, gay but true

:scudetto:

anyway, I may be wrong but what I saw of Pool (vs PSV) recently was a diamond formation with Gerrard playing behind the FWs, Kuyt and Riera on the wings and Xabi in front of the defence...I think he excels when he has a DMF as partner (Mascherano), where he can play with a little freedom and not be too bothered with all the defensive work...in our case, that guy could be Sissoko or Poulsen
Sissoko: no he has heart but no tactical awareness to anchor a midfield on his own. Someone has to hold his hand to make him look good. When defending so even if his awesome tackle goes wrong someone is covering, xabi is no zanetti
Poulsen: hasn't even convinced me yet.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
Sissoko: no he has heart but no tactical awareness to anchor a midfield on his own. Someone has to hold his hand to make him look good. When defending so even if his awesome tackle goes wrong someone is covering, xabi is no zanetti
Poulsen: hasn't even convinced me yet.
I would love to be able to field:

---------Del Piero-----Trez/Amauri

Giovinco------Aquilani------Poulsen/Momo-----------Camo

If DP is out then Gio can take his spot with Nedved or De Ceglie taking LM

we could also play:

Amauri------Trez
--------Giovinco---

Aquilani------Sissoko
---------Poulsen----

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Iaquinta is not irreplaceble. we would have a replacement in Paolucci.

Del Piero/Giovinco ----Trez/Amauri/Paolucci.

Also we bought Iaquinta for 10 million tiago for like 10 million but we can't sell him for as much as we bought him for and he hardly plays.
Aquilani would be a starter and if we can get him for a sub(iaquinta) and a player who does not play. then it will be a good bit of transfer business. A player like Aquilani is the missing piece of the jigsaw for us.

Ekdal is far to young to even be considered right now and Marchisio is nothing like Aquilani. As for Alonso he would be great but the problem is Liverpool did not sell him to us and ask too much for him. Plus he did not put up much of a fight to join us. I like Iaquinta .. but we should be objective and get what we need.
I think Gio is considered a LW not a SS, so if we kept Gio out of this, we'll have 4 strikers, and due to mid-weeks, injuries, on/off forms, all 4 strikers will get plenty of playing time

Paolucci is still nobody, maybe he'll pull a Boriello by the end of the season, but now we can't count on Paolucci to replace Iaquinta's even if he's not a first choice striker

As I said before, I consider Iaquinta irreplaceable because he's fast, not old, experienced, active, has a very good final touch, and provides assists to other strikers as well, last season he was introduced as a sub when our strikers fail to score and he did score, Paolucci/Lanza can't do that yet

he's important to us as Cruz is important to Inter, plus sending Iaquinta to Roma will be a mistake, they will be stronger even without Aquilani

I understand you and I partially agree with you, swaping a sub for a starter is a good idea, but I rate Iaquinta as important as Trez (yeah I know that will piss many people), so do you agree -hypothetically- to trade Trez for Aquilani?

Mar 30, 2006
I think Gio is considered a LW not a SS, so if we kept Gio out of this, we'll have 4 strikers, and due to mid-weeks, injuries, on/off forms, all 4 strikers will get plenty of playing time

Paolucci is still nobody, maybe he'll pull a Boriello by the end of the season, but now we can't count on Paolucci to replace Iaquinta's even if he's not a first choice striker

As I said before, I consider Iaquinta irreplaceable because he's fast, not old, experienced, active, has a very good final touch, and provides assists to other strikers as well, last season he was introduced as a sub when our strikers fail to score and he did score, Paolucci/Lanza can't do that yet

he's important to us as Cruz is important to Inter, plus sending Iaquinta to Roma will be a mistake, they will be stronger even without Aquilani

I understand you and I partially agree with you, swaping a sub for a starter is a good idea, but I rate Iaquinta as important as Trez (yeah I know that will piss many people), so do you agree -hypothetically- to trade Trez for Aquilani?

But statistically Iaquinta is not as important as Trez and the fact we have 3 CF's in Trez, Iaquinta and Amauri yet only play one at a time usually makes one of them expendable. Trez too could theoretically go if it ment bringing a offensive minded CM but we can't be sure Amauri or Iaquinta will be able to do the job Trez does for us .. consistently score the goals (20 a season when fully fit)

Also Iaquinta would make ROma strong no doubt but not as strong as we would be with Aquilani and Amauri/ Trez in our starting 11 especially if it would otherwise mean Sissoko-Poulsen in our Mid and Iaquinta on our bench with Trez or Amauri starting.

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
RIght now our best bet is Carlos Tevez. he is not playing at united (and maybe unhappy), deal ends this year with them, and has not signed anew one. We must sneak in for the January transfer window!

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
But statistically Iaquinta is not as important as Trez and the fact we have 3 CF's in Trez, Iaquinta and Amauri yet only play one at a time usually makes one of them expendable. Trez too could theoretically go if it ment bringing a offensive minded CM but we can't be sure Amauri or Iaquinta will be able to do the job Trez does for us .. consistently score the goals (20 a season when fully fit)

Also Iaquinta would make ROma strong no doubt but not as strong as we would be with Aquilani and Amauri/ Trez in our starting 11 especially if it would otherwise mean Sissoko-Poulsen in our Mid and Iaquinta on our bench with Trez or Amauri starting.
Iaquinta can also play as a RWF in 4-3-3, or as a SS, that's why he's compatible with DP, trez and Amauri, while Trez and Amauri didnt merge together, so if DP is injured/tired, Iaquinta has to play

I want Aquilani for sure, but remember that he's not the king of the center field at Roma, he plays next to De Rossi and Perotta, which makes things easier than playing next to Poulsen

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
RIght now our best bet is Carlos Tevez. he is not playing at united (and maybe unhappy), deal ends this year with them, and has not signed anew one. We must sneak in for the January transfer window!
We cant just sign Tevez in January and bench Amauri, Unless we'll sign Benzema next summer and bench Tevez, just to sign Huntelaar the following January and bench Benzema

Mar 30, 2006
we need diego, or we should have gotten VDR before real madrid snapped him up...other then that please no more DMs
i know .. they did not even pay THAT much for him. I mean relative to what other players go for when you consider how good he is. Also based on the fact we were linked with a 30 million bid for modric hahaha .. defn not true though.

where would we even get 30 million all of a sudden? and if we have it why did we not use it to buy an attacking CM in the summer? so many questions lol

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
While Aquilani may be good, from Liverpool's performance this season, I will say no to Alonso. They look just as bad in terms of creativity as us without Camo and Nedved. I doubt any of the two are coming since our policy is to develop our own players which means that Marchisio will be given the chance to perform.

Diego may be a good AM but he is as likely to come to Juve as he is to join Inter. Both coaches do not use AMs, and using him hinders the development of the other youngsters since Diego himself will play in the first team for many years so the others can only be in the reserves.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
While Aquilani may be good, from Liverpool's performance this season, I will say no to Alonso. They look just as bad in terms of creativity as us without Camo and Nedved. I doubt any of the two are coming since our policy is to develop our own players which means that Marchisio will be given the chance to perform.
:confused2

Where do you get that from? Alonso has been great thus far this season and speeds up play by making the quick, incise outlet passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)