The...I want this player to Juve thread (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Gilardino was a one season wonder..he had a good season with Parma...and then completely dissapointed after that

What have the rest done tht they are better than Iaquinta..he's been scoring more goals than them every season..Miccoli got his chance at Juve and didnt make the most out of it..lets see what Iaquinta does with his chance.

no i didnt see him in pre season to be honest
The Gilardino is a one season wonder argument doesn't fly with me. He hasn't replicated his Parma form in Milan but he has still scored goals. I just checked and his goal per game ratio for Milan in Serie A is prolific. 29 goals in 62 games to be precise. That's almost a goal every other game which is great considering he hasn't been first choice throughout his Milan career.

Vucinic doesn't score as much as Iaquinta but he tends to play in one of the supporting roles in a 4-2-3-1 for Roma. This season he has been playing on the left. He has the same pace as Iaquinta except with skill too.

Miccoli is faster than Iaquinta and much more skillful. I'm not sure what chance you're talking about because he never got much of a chance with us as Del Piero kept him out of the team most of the time. He's definitely a better player than Iaquinta imo.

Cruz is one of the best finishers in Serie A. Iaquinta is not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The Gilardino is a one season wonder argument doesn't fly with me. He hasn't replicated his Parma form in Milan but he has still scored goals. I just checked and his goal per game ratio for Milan in Serie A is prolific. 29 goals in 62 games to be precise. That's almost a goal every other game which is great considering he hasn't been first choice throughout his Milan career.

Vucinic doesn't score as much as Iaquinta but he tends to play in one of the supporting roles in a 4-2-3-1 for Roma. This season he has been playing on the left. He has the same pace as Iaquinta except with skill too.

Miccoli is faster than Iaquinta and much more skillful. I'm not sure what chance you're talking about because he never got much of a chance with us as Del Piero kept him out of the team most of the time. He's definitely a better player than Iaquinta imo.

Cruz is one of the best finishers in Serie A. Iaquinta is not.
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think Iaquintas goal per game ratio is slightly higher than Gila's..

This season is the first season Spaletti started using Vucinec in the supporting role behind Totti..and IMO he hasnt done very well in it up to now

Micolli is faster and he is more skillful..but in terms of goalscoring Iaquinta is light years ahead of him...

Cruz is one of the best finishers in the league but like i said even Solskjaer was a great finisher..that doesnt always mean he's a better striker.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think Iaquintas goal per game ratio is slightly higher than Gila's..

This season is the first season Spaletti started using Vucinec in the supporting role behind Totti..and IMO he hasnt done very well in it up to now

Micolli is faster and he is more skillful..but in terms of goalscoring Iaquinta is light years ahead of him...

Cruz is one of the best finishers in the league but like i said even Solskjaer was a great finisher..that doesnt always mean he's a better striker.
Yes, you are wrong. Iaquinta had 56 goals in over 170 games for Udinese.

Vucinic is just a better player in my view. He can get goals, he can attack from wide, he can set up people.

Miccoli is much more lethal than Iaquinta. You'll see that this season. His performances in the first two games have been first class.

Cruz is a much more efficient goalscorer than Iaquinta and that's all there is to it really.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, you are wrong. Iaquinta had 56 goals in over 170 games for Udinese.

Vucinic is just a better player in my view. He can get goals, he can attack from wide, he can set up people.

Miccoli is much more lethal than Iaquinta. You'll see that this season. His performances in the first two games have been first class.

Cruz is a much more efficient goalscorer than Iaquinta and that's all there is to it really.
by the end of the season if Iaquinta doesnt score more than all those strikers..you'll have total control of my avatar for 3 days,deal??:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Deal :)

I can see him scoring more than Vucinic and Cruz because he has Crespo, Suazo and Zlatan ahead of him but Miccoli will come through for me.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I must agree with Stu at least about Cruz cuz he is an excellent goalscorer, just too bad he is in a wrong team. And about Miccoli, this is his best chance to prove himself and so far he is doing good, but still fred have some point about Miccoli when he said that he is not that much golascorer cuz if I recall right he was one of the better players at Benfica but he still didn't scored to much .

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Gila would do very well @ Juve, but he is not yet worth the 18 mil. price tag that has been mentioned...he is still relatively young and is a momentum player...he is not the kind of player who can make an immediate impact

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Speaking of forwards... apparently Anderlecht is interested in signing Marco Delvecchio to a contract... would anyone be interested in Juve picking him up as an emergency 5th striker, or is he beyond done and you would rather see a primavera player?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Speaking of forwards... apparently Anderlecht is interested in signing Marco Delvecchio to a contract... would anyone be interested in Juve picking him up as an emergency 5th striker, or is he beyond done and you would rather see a primavera player?
No thanks.
There are better options available if we want to sign a free striker, Nilmar or Kallon are also available, I'd prefer one of them over Delcecchio but we could just as easily use a primavera player.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
No thanks.
There are better options available if we want to sign a free striker, Nilmar or Kallon are also available, I'd prefer one of them over Delcecchio but we could just as easily use a primavera player.
Nilmar would be nice, though Liverpool seems to have their tendrils in him...
Kallon appears to have some substance abuse issues when he was with Inter... I think Juve could do without someone like that. Shame though, seems to have a lot of talent.

A healthy Delvecchio would be nice, but it seems his time is probably up.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Cruz - better goal-scorer than Iaquinta. Cruz = underrated.
Gilardino < Iaquinta - Gila has a better scoring abilities but that´s all. Rest of the qualities belong to Iaquinta.
Miccoli > Iaquinta - Miccoli if consistant is a brilliant striker.
Vucinic > Iaquinta - Bigger potential and if he fulfills it, he will be much better in everything.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Peter Crouch has so far only played seven minutes of Premier League football this season and that fact coupled with apparent stalled contract talks have led many sides to be knocking at his door including Manchester City (various), Juventus (Daily Mail) and Spurs (Daily Mirror). In other words the only one of these sides with any real interest would be Sven’s men, who need a striker. Spurs already have four of the best dozen strikers in the Premier League so why would they buy the England international? This is no disrespect to Crouchy who excelled last season and deserves more of a chance this term at Anfield.

Crap,i this is stupid rumor.Lets try to get Hunter and let Crouch to sign for City/Spurs. :D

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Forget about Hunter, he will join an EPL team, probably ManU. I would be very surprised if we get him.
Milito might be a more likely player to join us.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Sorry Fred, I cant quite agree with your statement that Gila is one season wonder. Here is Gila's statistic last couple of years

2006-07 Milan ITA A 30 12
2005-06 Milan ITA A 34 17
2004-05 Parma ITA A 38 23
2003-04 Parma ITA A 34 23
2002-03 Parma ITA A 24 4

Now compare that with Iaquinta's

2006-07 Udinese ITA A 30 14
2005-06 Udinese ITA A 24 9
2004-05 Udinese ITA A 31 13
2003-04 Udinese ITA A 29 11
2002-03 Udinese ITA A 26 7

You know out of 5 seasons, Iaquinta has only outscored Gila once in last four years. In 2002-03 Gila virtually got no minutes since he was behind Adriano and Mutu in the pecking order, and those two were as good young partnership as I can remember. So I would be interested to see their minutes adjusted strike ration, which I suspect Gila would come out higher. And out of only comparable statistic, last year, we are talking about Gila having absolute stinker of season. People are talking as if he is complete shit these days, and he still managed to score 12 goals out of 30 matches, a respectable figure for most Serie A striker. When guys like Roberto Muzzi (Who was very good striker in his days) bang in 16goals, people claim its their career year, and every team should buy him. Well, Gila scores nearly that amount in his disastrous year, so yes, he is quality all way around.

As far as I am concerned Gila is Serie A's most lethal marksmen when he is on form. Saying Iaquinta is better than Gila is like saying Anelka is better Trezeguet, because he can do many other things Trez can't. Those goal scoring record is just mad, and the lad is going through a process every player experiences, yes, even great Zinedine Zidane had to go through, that is slump. He will get out of there for sure as long as he doesnt go Adriano and spend more time at the clubs than on the training pitch. I will take a bit of risk and say Gila will score something 16-18 goals this year, a figure Iaquinta won't even come close to matching.

Good comparison with Gila IMO is Pepi Signori. Signori is more talented of the two, but there is great parallel in that they both stink at European stage (Oh, Signori was notorious Euro choker with Lazio getting knocked out by likes of Lyon and Tenerife), and made marginal contribution at Group stage at WC, and no other contribution to speak of. Pitty for Gila, he cant blame his poor international record on playing out of position for the best player in the world, which Signori can with Baggio absolutely dominating every scene back then.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)