The...I want this player to Juve thread (94 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
thank you man, im glad to be posting in a forum just for juve fans!
your welcome friend, i look forward to sharing views with you in the future and hope to see you in the match threads when we are playing, thats the place to be, its where the true fans gather :p

i'll give you your first + rep as well coz im feeling generous tonight :D

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
I feel like we've exhausted the topic of what defenders to bring in - in other words basically anyone to get Boumsong out of the starting lineup. Besides, most central defenders have a, well, similarly defensive playing style, and it's pretty much a given that we'll have four in the backline next year. Midfielders though, there's a lot more room for variation, so I started thinking about the players we're rumored to buy...there are quite a few choices out there depending on how picky you are.

The more or less realistic names we're linked with (off the top of my head): Mavuba, Sneijder, Sissoko, Malouda, Almiron, Diego, Ribery, Maresca. Maybe I'm missing someone, oh well.

The people we have right now: Zanetti, Giannichedda, Nedved, Marchisio, Camoranesi, Paro, De Ceglie, Marchionni, Giovinco. Let's assume Nedved and Camo, the two "world class" players, are staying.

IF...we play 4-4-2 same as this year, we can either move Nedved to the center or keep him on the left. No matter what, I think we need two new players. Zanetti and Marchisio should be able to share time, but Gianni is pretty useless no offense. If Nedved plays out left, we should splash money on a really solid destroyer-type. That way we could let Marchisio play more, since he's more an attacking player anyway...and using primavera youth is good, right? :cool: But we also need cover for the two central midfielders, and to be completely honest I think we should get Almiron because I don't see Marchisio as being good enough just yet. If Nedved moves to the center, we still need the destroyer, except now we're also missing a left winger. Ribery? Unlikely. Giovinco? Maybe...but it's a risk, and I don't know if we should take it our first season back. The fact that we haven't been linked to wingers for a while makes me suspect that the first possibility is more likely.

IF...we play 4-3-3, or 4-3-1-2 with Alex behind two strikers, I don't think that Camo would fit in as well. Regardless we STILL need a ballwinner, backup players, and in a 4-3-3, someone to play as a right-sided forward since Bojinov seems like he's gone. This money spent on the forward will be gone if we play 4-3-1-2 as well, since we'd do that only if we got Hunterlaar. Am I not adding something up right, or does this seem like it'd be both more expensive and also a big change from how we've played this year...both of these seem somewhat unlikely.

So I'd like to have Sissoko or Mavuba, and then I'd be satisfied with Almiron. Diego is a bit of a pipe dream, but we'll see...what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)