The Grudge (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Has anyone seen this movie... yesterday I rent the japonese version and it haves some creepy scenes... but I didn't understand the end of it... rigth now theres a English vertion of the movie with Sara Micheal Gellar, but I haven't seen it yet...

Buy on AliExpress.com

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I saw it on Friday.

Note, don't take my word on Scary movies cause I am hard to impress.

The movie wasn't all that. Wasn't scary for me. But the people I went with along with the entire audience seemed scared shit. It really wasn't scary and the "scary" parts were quite predictible.

My friend said she found it scarier than the Ring, blah blah blah. Waste of time. It was cool though, cause at the hotel I kept scaring everyone in the nite, making similar noises from the movie.

Oct 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Has anyone seen this movie... yesterday I rent the japonese version and it haves some creepy scenes... but I didn't understand the end of it... rigth now theres a English vertion of the movie with Sara Micheal Gellar, but I haven't seen it yet...
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Asians are better at making scary movies ;)
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
yeah...Hollywood's ghost are more 'beautiful' than scary....

++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Lol.

i must say,stick with the Jap version,it's much better than whatever hollywood churns out.
You people do realise that Takashi Shimizu made both the original Juon quartet and this "hollywood" "remake" not too mention he used the majority of his original sets as well as outside of the lead roles all the same actors.

Outside of Monetary backing and a few American faces this is a Japanese film all the way... With Takashi Shimizu being granted un-precedented freedom to do as he liked in making this Movie by its backers.

You also say - the original is better

Which original is that?

This latest film is not a remake of JUON: The Grudge - It is a combined hash of all four previous films (Juon , Juon 2 , Juon: The Grudge , Juon: The Grudge 2 )

Its a combination, Not a remake and that is the mistake Takashi Shimizu made here, not to mention him seemingly getting a bit carried away with having a bigger budget and thoughts of granduer at getting his shot at the world wide market

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I saw the Japanese version as well around a month ago. I didnt get the ending as well. I didnt like it at all. I saw the ad for the english one, it seems they've taken every scene from the japanese. So there's no point watching the english one.

I saw a Korean movie a few weeks back called "Into the Mirrors". It was cool but not really scary.

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Saphire_diablo ] ++

Mmmm usually the asian horror movies shows the 'face' of the ghost while the american usually hides it until the very end of the movie. I think that is the main difference between them.
i know what u mean, but still knowing the face dosent scare u as much, i mean i havent seen the ring version in japaneese version, but still i agree that asians r the best, esp the koreans and japs maan where do they get such amazing concepts!

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
:thumb: to be sincere,i was about to scream and jump onto the guy next to me(which would've been cool :D) ...:wallbang: but i got used to the level of horror in the movie...THUMBS-UP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)