The Greatest Songwriter Of All Time (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
In what genre? you can't say that Jim Morrison is the greatest and disregard Bob Marley for example.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    In what genre? you can't say that Jim Morrison is the greatest and disregard Bob Marley for example.
    No specific genre.Just generally speaking.A songwriter who you think has had a more significant influence over music globally regardless of genre..over everyone else

Why McCartney over John Lennon?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, I'm just curious.
    I think McCartney had this natural knack for Rhythm.A phenomenal natural ability.Lennon had it too,but i just think McCartney was more gifted.Comparing the two would be unfair since Lennon died early and McCartney had a brilliant post Beatles career..but i've heard their post Beatles stuff,and i have to say that i enjoy McCartney's material much more.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I think McCartney had this natural knack for Rhythm.A phenomenal natural ability.Lennon had it too,but i just think McCartney was more gifted.Comparing the two would be unfair since Lennon died early and McCartney had a brilliant post Beatles career..but i've heard their post Beatles stuff,and i have to say that i enjoy McCartney's material much more.
    Fair enough.

I'm not going to say Lennon was better, but I preferred his post-Beatles stuff to McCartney's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)