The greatest defender the world has ever seen(new discussion) (1 Viewer)

Who is he?

• Nesta

• Kohler

• Sammer

• Cannavaro

• Moore

• Thuram

• Hierro (mark,you on drugs?)

• Scirea

• Gentile

• Baresi

• Beckenbauer

• Passarella

• Lizarazu

• Desailly

• Maldini

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i put liza in there for ya burke, but cant understand why mark83 asked for hierro

as for de cock, well he is a legend in his own right anyway

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I wonder how many of you have really followed Scirea's career.

I didn't vote for him because I haven't seen enough footage of him, same goes for Gentile. I was picking between Cannavaro, Maldini, Baresi and Beckenbauer because they are the only top players I have seen enough of to really judge at all.

I went for Baresi because I am just old enough to have seen a reasonable amount of him and in terms of an out and out defender I think he is the best I has seen.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
I voted for 5, but, IMO, Scirea is the best.

Note: for those who saw him play, Ruggeri should be added to the list. He was so much better than Hierro :lol2:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I am just mystified as to why Lizarazu is anywhere near that list, he is far from been the best left back , he is in my view as a left back inferior to kaltz, roberto carlos, kenny sansom, maldini(best ever), and Cabrini to name guys top of my head and i do not see how putting Thuram there should bring laughter. The Thuram that played for Parma is one of the best that has graced serieA.
He should not be judged by what he is now and his last seasons at Juve as that will be like judging Hierro in his last seasons and Mattheus when he was 35 and older. If Lizarazu is there so should be Blanc, Tresor, Carlos Alberto, well too many defenders ahould be there but its evident that defenders are not players that are well known in this forum as i can throw in names like steilike, macfarland, butcher, adams, charles etc. For me personally my best defender will always be Baresi, with Scirea and Beckenbuaer being right up there

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I am just mystified as to why Lizarazu is anywhere near that list, he is far from been the best left back , he is in my view as a left back inferior to kaltz, roberto carlos, kenny sansom, maldini(best ever), and Cabrini to name guys top of my head and i do not see how putting Thuram there should bring laughter. The Thuram that played for Parma is one of the best that has graced serieA.
He should not be judged by what he is now and his last seasons at Juve as that will be like judging Hierro in his last seasons and Mattheus when he was 35 and older. If Lizarazu is there so should be Blanc, Tresor, Carlos Alberto, well too many defenders ahould be there but its evident that defenders are not players that are well known in this forum as i can throw in names like steilike, macfarland, butcher, adams, charles etc. For me personally my best defender will always be Baresi, with Scirea and Beckenbuaer being right up there
:agree:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i agree denco but i asked for suggestions on names and burkemeister desperately wanted bixente in there, do i think he is ne of eth top defenders ever?hell no.

however i think he is a much greater player than carlos ever was, why carlos was never moved to LM is a mystery to me as he is a rubbish defender, terrible positioning sense and far too cavalier in attack. sure he has great pace, a tremedously powerful shot and great energy but i wouldnt ahve wanted him anywhere near a juve team, especially with luca zambrotta already in our team.

its a matter of opinion, i asked and these are the names i was given

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i just get the strangest feeling that nesta/canna/maldini are the only actual contenders on this forum. hmmm..... :eek: :rolleyes2

...bastards :D

forza marcel!
forza liza!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)