The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
watching the Czech-Holland game I can't believe how on one hand he moves brilliantly up the field and contributes massively to his team and on the other how he dives at every opportunity he gets. The Holland player received a second yellow and as a result a RED CARD for a supposed tackle on Nedved when the replay CLEARLY demonstrated he did not even TOUCH Nedved. This is not new for Nedved as he has this habit of diving every time he senses a player around him. DISGUSTING. His brilliance is over-shadowed by this unsportsmanlike display and CHEAP strategy. SHAMEFUL.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
watching the Czech-Holland game I can't believe how on one hand he moves brilliantly up the field and contributes massively to his team and on the other how he dives at every opportunity he gets. The Holland player received a second yellow and as a result a RED CARD for a supposed tackle on Nedved when the replay CLEARLY demonstrated he did not even TOUCH Nedved. This is not new for Nedved as he has this habit of diving every time he senses a player around him. DISGUSTING. His brilliance is over-shadowed by this unsportsmanlike display and CHEAP strategy. SHAMEFUL.
chill man. the czechs are playing good football and you cant stand it. coz you idiotic italy is doing what they always do.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
spoilsport :irritate:

bullshit his brilliance is overshadowed by the way he takes to the ground. Did you hear anyone muttering about it after the match? The only thing I heard was everyone praising him.

The way Pavel plays dictates that defenders are going to get stuck into his legs, and very often, the best option is to hit the deck if you've taken a knock to the legs.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

spoilsport :irritate:

bullshit his brilliance is overshadowed by the way he takes to the ground. Did you hear anyone muttering about it after the match? The only thing I heard was everyone praising him.

The way Pavel plays dictates that defenders are going to get stuck into his legs, and very often, the best option is to hit the deck if you've taken a knock to the legs.
Dude he didn't get TOUCHED nevermind stuck in his legs..it is the reason why in my opninion he will never reach the CLASS of Zidane, Baggio, Maldini or Ronaldo.
Anyhow, Czech is not a one man show..far from it...Pavel was very good but he is not/was not the only one to be praised.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

chill man. the czechs are playing good football and you cant stand it. coz you idiotic italy is doing what they always do.
Idiotic Italy?? Please explain would you mean by this..sorry but I'm not familiar with branding names before a nation...how does it work? Angry Albanians? Freaky French? Evil English?? :rolleyes: real mature Donny...real classy.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
It is refreshing to see a team like czech republic.

They were loosing by two goals and mantaining their rythm, focus, keeping the same pace.
What a perfect duo Nedved-Poborsky. Force, speed, class, mental attitude.
Varos,Jankulosky, kohler, smicer, real team play.....

They dont spitt, or criticize team mates..they prefer to win.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

Dude he didn't get TOUCHED nevermind stuck in his legs..it is the reason why in my opninion he will never reach the CLASS of Zidane, Baggio, Maldini or Ronaldo.
Nicky, why do you said that? i understand the pain from Italy.sweden draw, but this is way too much...or maybe it was just a lapsus and you didnt really want to say that?...
Until now iwas taking you as a more or less serious soccer connosieur and thinking it was just a small personal mistake you being a rossonero,but now this....i prefer to think it was temporal insanity and forget it.

Said with all due respect.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I kind of agree with you here. I am/was a big Nedved fan yes but must admit he does over do it with the diving. I must also state that I think he picked up this trait at Juventus as I don't recall him being such a diver at Lazio.

Saying that Nedved wasn't touched is exagerration. He was touched and was fouled as the player haulted his run. But what I can condone is that it was a simple touch, one not worthy for Nedved to be on the ground like that and one not worthy of a yellow card. It was the ref to blame for that.

Nedved's performance however overshadowed that stupid incident.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Here's the situation now:

Group A:

Greece qualify with:
  • Win or draw v. RUS
  • Loss by one goal less to RUS than Spain lose to Portugal *
  • POR loss

Spain qualify with:
  • Win or draw v. POR
  • Loss v POR IF GRE lose by two or more goals than they do *

Portugal qualify with:
  • Win v SPA

Russia:
Cannot qualify

Group B:

France qualify with:
  • Win or draw v SUI
  • Loss by two goals or less v SUI IF ENG and CRO draw **

England qualify with:
  • Win or draw v CRO ***

Croatia qualify with:
  • Win v ENG

Switzerland qualify with:
  • Win v FRA IF either ENG or CRO wins **
  • Win by three goals or more if ENG and CRO draw **

Group C:

Sweden qualify with:
  • Win or draw v DEN
  • ITA loss

Denmark qualify with:
  • Win v SWE
  • Draw v SWE IF draw is 2-2 or higher
  • ITA loss

Italy qualify with:
  • Win v BUL IF either SWE or DEN wins, or if they draw 0-0 ****
  • 2 - 0 or higher win v BUL IF SWE and DEN draw 1-1

Bulgaria:
Cannot qualify

Group D:

Czech Rep.:
Already qualified

Germany qualify with:
  • Win v CZE
  • Draw v CZE IF HOL and LAT draw too

Holland qualify with:
  • Win v LAT AND GER loss or draw
  • Draw v LAT IF GER loses *****

Latvia qualify with:
  • Win v HOL AND GER loss or draw

* = If Greece loses by one goal, they'll still qualify due to having a better GD in all games than Spain (H2H draw).

** = If FRA lose to SUI, and there's a winner in ENG/CRO, the winner will win the group and SUI will progress over France due to the H2H win. If ENG and CRO draw, however, three teams have 4 points, and thus, SUI needs to win by three goals to progress due to GD in common games.

*** = England will qualify with a draw regardless due to their 3-0 win v SUI

**** = With a 0-0 draw in SWE v DEN, ITA just needs to win due to Denmark's GD of 0-0 in common games, while ITA's is 1-1 (draw v SWE)

***** = If GER loses and HOL/LAT draw, HOL will progress due to better GD in common games if the draw is a scoring one, and due to GD in all games if the draw is 0-0.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
hey watch out what you'r saying about Pavel Nedved. I don't like it.
a lot of players are falling to easily because they want a yellow card to rival's player. If that's the first thing that comes to your head when you hears Pavel Nedved, I'm sorry to say but you have no idea how to evaluate players' worth.

Pavel was brilliant!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #695

Dude he didn't get TOUCHED nevermind stuck in his legs..it is the reason why in my opninion he will never reach the CLASS of Zidane, Baggio, Maldini or Ronaldo

or Inzaghi? :rolleyes:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I think he was perfectly entitled to go down since he'd been cynically fouled twice when virtually through on goal. Fair play to him he was outstanding, can't over emphasise how brilliant he was in this game

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++

hey watch out what you'r saying about Pavel Nedved. I don't like it.
    a lot of players are falling to easily because they want a yellow card to rival's player. If that's the first thing that comes to your head when you hears Pavel Nedved, I'm sorry to say but you have no idea how to evaluate players' worth.

Pavel was brilliant!
    right. I think he simply can't say "wow, pavel played a good match". He has to look for something to blame

I'm not sure, but I suppose that is his nature :dontcare:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks Sarah that was comprehensive.
    Brilliant show by the Czech but I don't understand why coaches mess things up. Why for God's sake sub Robben who was creating so many chances?
    Neddy has found his form :star:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
    Here's the situation now:

Group A:

Greece qualify with:
    • Win or draw v. RUS
    • Loss by one goal less to RUS than Spain lose to Portugal *
    • POR loss
    I thought Greece would qualify if Portugal draw too (because they won Portugal)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)