The games are afoot: general Euro 2004 discussion thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Yeah, but trash talk is one thing, and making hideous sliding tackles, elbowing opposition players, telling them to fvck off is another.
Hideous sliding tackles? He made one tackle on the keeper which he had all right to go for. Who did he elbow and who did he tell to **** off?

Your making him out worse than he is.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I thought you English hated the Germans :undecide:
I've no problem with them personally but the ref probably had to bear that in mind. If the ref was from another country and had given a penalty the Germans would have been fine with it. But an english ref giving the Latvians a penalty and there would have been uproar and excuses galore.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #445
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Hideous sliding tackles? He made one tackle on the keeper which he had all right to go for. Who did he elbow and who did he tell to **** off?

Your making him out worse than he is.
    It was obvious that the keeper was going to get to it first, and he could have at least tried to pull out of the challenge and not hit the keeper in the face with his boots. He elbowed Thuram, and I could lip-read him telling someone to fok off, but since the camera was only on him I dont know who.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    and I could lip-read him telling someone to fok off, but since the camera was only on him I dont know who.
    I think that might have been the ref when he got booked..

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I've no problem with them personally but the ref probably had to bear that in mind. If the ref was from another country and had given a penalty the Germans would have been fine with it. But an english ref giving the Latvians a penalty and there would have been uproar and excuses galore.
    He shouldnt think about anything except the right decision is his mind. The Germans are probably still gonna complain about him anyway:)

Sep 28, 2002

It was obvious that the keeper was going to get to it first, and he could have at least tried to pull out of the challenge and not hit the keeper in the face with his boots. He elbowed Thuram, and I could lip-read him telling someone to fok off, but since the camera was only on him I dont know who.
    right, and he should not do that because he is only 18 and he must respect older players. :lazy:

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

right, and he should not do that because he is only 18 and he must respect older players. :lazy:
    He dosent fear anyone, he will take on anyone and he will go for anything. Thats what makes him so good.

I'll cry the day i see Rooney back out of tackles etc.

And although it is hard to take Sven seriously, here is what he said recently:D

"England manager Sven Goran Eriksson feels that England ace Wayne Rooney is better than the young Roberto Baggio. “I think he is the best young player I have worked with and I have had Roberto Baggio, Rui Costa and Paolo Sousa,” said the former Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina and Samp Coach. “Rooney is something special.”"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

He dosent fear anyone, he will take on anyone and he will go for anything. Thats what makes him so good.

I'll cry the day i see Rooney back out of tackles etc.

And although it is hard to take Sven seriously, here is what he said recently:D

"England manager Sven Goran Eriksson feels that England ace Wayne Rooney is better than the young Roberto Baggio. “I think he is the best young player I have worked with and I have had Roberto Baggio, Rui Costa and Paolo Sousa,” said the former Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina and Samp Coach. “Rooney is something special.”"
    Puh, yeah we'll see about that. :lazy:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    czechs i hope.
    if they win, they are thruogh and group winners. oooooh, germans are on their very way out :cheesy:
    I hope that too.

but I really like Holland aswell

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)