The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (19 Viewers)

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Before I even used to watch those races, but that was 10+ years back. Completely bollocks those regulations nowadays, or for some other reason it's just boring as ******.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
These 2 points make a HUGE difference, I am against them actually.
yeah you're right. Alonso can just play safe and settle for 2nd or even 3rd in the remaining races now, and he'll still be crowned champ. Doesn't make for much excitement in the forthcoming races.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #265
    ++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

yeah you're right. Alonso can just play safe and settle for 2nd or even 3rd in the remaining races now, and he'll still be crowned champ. Doesn't make for much excitement in the forthcoming races.
    Which is what he will be doing actually.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I think Kimi and JPM are privately admitting by now its a fight for second place unless Alonso undergoes a royal cockup. Renault are just infinitely more reliable than McLaren unfortunately, so if anyone's going to tumble out of another grand prix, it doesn't look as if its gonna be Alonso.

Hopefully Fisi can start taking some points off him though, should be able to.. car's just as good.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #267
    And Alonso is having a bit of luck on his side as well. I don't see Fisichella able to take points from the Spaniard. We might see some interesting strategies from both the McLarens to keep Alonso fro taking the points, but these usually backfire.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah you're spot on about the luck. Well actually he hasn't been lucky, he's just been the only one out of the top 4 that hasn't been unlucky!

Perhaps its his turn soon, we'll see I suppose. Anyway, forza Fisi and go Jenson!! :)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #269
    Schumi took the pole in Hungary. His first this season, Ferrari's first and this puts him one pole away from equalizing Senna's record. Could this be an improvement for Ferrari. It is difficult for him to fight for the race at this point and after what Alonso has gathered, but he might be a buffer to make a title race more interesting between the Spaniard and the Finn.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    JPM was real unlucky in this race. It was his for the taking. Too bad it didnt work out, because he was slowly beginning to build a momentum of sorts. Idont think its a race for second though. Kimi V Fernando is still very much on.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    If this is anything to go by, Raikkonnen will have a problem contending with his teammate in the races to come.

Go Montoya :strong:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    It's official, Massa will be racing for Ferrari next season. Berichello will most probably be in BAR, either as a replacement for Button or as his partner.

Jenson is a complete idiot BTW :howler:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Have to agree. He should be taken out the back and shot. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Any thoughts on Massa at Ferrari? I hadn't really noticed him much, but he's fairly young, and driving a bucket on wheels.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, I'm not sure about Massa, we havent really ever seen him in a competitive car so it's hard to judge. He's been better than Jacques this season, but that really isnt saying much. He has 8 points so far in the season. He seems to be fairly quick and IMO is able to overtake, but we'll have to see how he does in a competetive car (providing Ferrari have one next season). He was their test driver a few years ago and his manager is Jean Todt's son, so Ferrari m ust know what they're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)