The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (12 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
He may not be the most politically correct or well behaved of drivers, but Montoya remains my favourite driver on the field.His flamboyance is unmatched in an otherwise increasingly bland sport.

He used to be more exciting at Williams and has had alot of bad luck this season so lets give him credit for his victory.He drove well.

The highlight of the match,it must be said, was Montoya beating Alonso who was coming out of the pit lane from his first stop.Heart stopping stuff.

Aug 1, 2003
Yes, he is better when he was at Williams. Despite his flair in driving I still dislike his arrogance. His personal battle with Schumi especially. Montoya is all talk but he will never achieve half the things Schumi did in his lifetime. The only person who has the right to be so arrogant is Mika Hakkinen.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
He isn't nearly as good as Schumi, I concede that.Sure, he's always in the headlines for the wrong reasons but if it weren't for him F1 would be more boring.Same goes for Eddie Irvine in his younger days.

Of course, Schumi is no saint either.Jerez will never be forgotten.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Yes, he is better when he was at Williams. Despite his flair in driving I still dislike his arrogance. His personal battle with Schumi especially. Montoya is all talk but he will never achieve half the things Schumi did in his lifetime. The only person who has the right to be so arrogant is Mika Hakkinen.

Montoya never admits his fault nor does he take responsibility. It's always someone else.

But, IMO, the most entertaining driver is Takuma "I can wreck more cars than you can buld" Sato.

In France he tried to overtake someone and ended up off the track. He went into a turn at 205 kmh, whil the other drivers go through it at 160 kmh :D

Couldnt turn and just continued straight on to the grass :D

Taku is king :cool:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
no thank you! Though not a big fan of alonso either tbh. Gotta support kimi now, he's the only other one in with a shot.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
no thank you! Though not a big fan of alonso either tbh. Gotta support kimi now, he's the only other one in with a shot.
C'mon, Shumy is a Legend;)...you know that.

Kimi seems to be a spoiled kid.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
never heard of them, but nothing wrong with being drunk and disorderly imo :D

Rab, I know he's a legend but it doesn't mean I gotta like him.. he comes across as a bit of a twat as far as I'm concerned

Forza Fisi! :cool:

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

C'mon, Shumy is a Legend;)...you know that.
hehe...... since when ?

Since he was a bastard could not win the championship in 94 till he hit Damon hill's car at the final lap just to win a stupid champoinship while he was behind him on that race ?

or since the real legend Arton Senna death ?

Dont worry the next race will be at Hockenheim in Germany (24th of july) and we will see ur legend how can he preform ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)