The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (5 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #141
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    I wanna open a new thread but fear that not many follow motogp.
    I do!! Valentino is GOD, I think he will drive F1 with Ferrari next season. Actually Lapo Elkann was in Catalunhia yesterday, could it mean something?

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #143
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Rossi as our new striker? :D
    Why not? Actually I would like to see Schumi trying to play football as a pro. He has good talent.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    That was a great race. Best I've seen in a while.

Montoya was unlucky. He, like almost everyone else in the world was either
    a) unaware of the rule about leaving the pit lane under those conditions
    or
    b) forgot about said rule.
    Did any of the commentators remember it before the black flag ruling came through? Not the ones I was listening to.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    How much expertise and knowledge does it take to understand what a red light means?

Even when he got out, he started overtaking cars in the middle of the pack. I'm pretty sure he knows it's a no-no to overtake under yellow flag and safety car.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Wow, CBS actually showed the race!

But how can you break it with commercials?! That I don't understand.

I think it is time for BMW to move away from Williams... nothing is working out with these guys.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    How much expertise and knowledge does it take to understand what a red light means?

Even when he got out, he started overtaking cars in the middle of the pack. I'm pretty sure he knows it's a no-no to overtake under yellow flag and safety car.
    Yeah, that's a point against him, though I imagine he wasn't looking for the light - it'd not like driving in traffic!

I'd debate whether or not he actually overtook DC. They were level as he exited the pit. I think I'd let that pass as a steward.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I taped the race, and IIRC it wasn't just DC he overtook. He came out next to DC and passed the cars until he got to behind Kimi, so I think he passed more cars, not just DC., and even so, he had to let all of the pack go by and rejoin at the back. And even if he didn't look for the light, it's virtually impossible not to see it.

It's McLarens fault for keeping him out too long anf his for not stopping at the light.

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

I do!! Valentino is GOD, I think he will drive F1 with Ferrari next season. Actually Lapo Elkann was in Catalunhia yesterday, could it mean something?
    I know!! I was watching (and admiring the riders mind you! :D ) and suddenly poof, Lapo Elkann was there. Hmmmm.

Oh my. Last 3 laps and the way Rossi just cruised past Gibernau at Catalunya .... I love my Vale!

Good race from Melandri and Baros too, I really love watching Melandri riding it.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    The next one is in Turkey right?I wish it was the other week,I could see them :frown:
    Next will be France GP. Turkey on (21-8-2005)

The Pole for Indianapolis Gp went to toyota's driver Trulli. amazing driving & qualifying from the italian driver with a time 1:10:625.

second pos to kimi third to button.

Montoya disappointed his thousands of fans in the circuit by starting
    11th.

webber 9th Heidfeld 15th :down:. shcumacher 5th !!

Ralf may not race tommorow. depends on his condition after the accident.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    what happened with the meeting about the tyres? Apparently it was potentially gonna shake up the grid

FIA's technical director Charlie Whiting has refused Michelin's propsals. He said their request to fly in new tyres was against the rules and that they would be penalised if they proceeded to use unauthorised tyres. He said they probably wouldn't be excluded, but that they would get a penalty severe enough to stop people from doing this in the future, probably a 10 second stop and go or losing 10 places on the starting grid. Michelin also requested that a chicane be installed in the last corner, but Charlie refused. They also asked that the sped in the last corner be reduced, to which he responded that it's up to the teams to go through it with the speed they deem safe. Michelin apparantly said they can only guarante the safety of their tyres for 10 laps. Utter idiots.

Michelin are acting like assholse if you ask me. I mean, installing a chicane because you brought a defective tyre??? WTF is that about, next thing you know Bridgestone will be asking for track surfaces that don't wear their tyres. They're acting like the victims, but it's really only their fault. it's not the first US GP ever, and they should have calculated the forces that the tyre will be under properly. By installing a chicane or allowing new tyres to be flown it would be a slap in the face of the Bridgestone teams, completely disrespectful and unfair.

Anyways, here are the letters Charlie Whiting and the Michelin boss exchanged:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=24878

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Cheers Zlatan, current situation is that the 9 teams on michelin tyres will NOT RACE unless a chicane is put in to cover turn 9, where the accident happened. So far Ferrari (bridgestone tyres) have refused to accept this, so it could be just them , jordan and minardi racing :groan:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    what a farce, 6 car grand prix. The two ferraris are already 10 seconds clear of the field

field comprising jordans and minardis.. all the others went off into the pit lane after the warmup lap. A couple of them wanted to race but were ordered not to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)