The Formula 1 thread - Season 2005 (1 Viewer)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    Narain is a good driver, I see him getting some points this year. I was happy he finally was able to join the crowd.

Fisichella wins, Alonso second and Barichello third. Great start for Renalut....Dan, Toyota did not make it in the top 3 this time, better luck in Malaysia.

Nice move by the king leaving the race to start with a new engine in Malaysia (silly new rules, but someone has to use them).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    Renault looked very strong today. BMW and Mclaren a bit dissapointing, Ferrari did relatively ok with the old car.

Toyota seem to have problems with their tyres at pre season, i don't know if this caused trulli to melt today, if it was that they certainly have to solve it.

And yes the new rules are very stupid with people stopping the race to get a new engine... They have to do something!

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Narain is a good driver, I see him getting some points this year. I was happy he finally was able to join the crowd.

Fisichella wins, Alonso second and Barichello third. Great start for Renalut....Dan, Toyota did not make it in the top 3 this time, better luck in Malaysia.

Nice move by the king leaving the race to start with a new engine in Malaysia (silly new rules, but someone has to use them).
    In the past, toyota has had relative sucess on this track. Malaysia will surely be better.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
    Renault looked very strong today. BMW and Mclaren a bit dissapointing, Ferrari did relatively ok with the old car.

Toyota seem to have problems with their tyres at pre season, i don't know if this caused trulli to melt today, if it was that they certainly have to solve it.

And yes the new rules are very stupid with people stopping the race to get a new engine... They have to do something!

actually the qualification rules are even more stupid than those of last year, I say for this sport to be back as it should, the rules of 2003 should be back

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    He is. Here in India, we're all really proud of him for even having finished the race. He's really worked his way up the ranks, and he's worked really hard to achieve his status as an F1 driver. Unfortunately, the lack of sponsorship in India for a niche sport like F1 has seen a lot more money go towards a sport like Cricket, but to see a sportsman of Narain's calibre fight against such odds has actually made corporates stand up and take note.

In addition, i think he's a fast driver as well, but he's going to have to learn to be consistent. But all said and done, really happy to finally see an Indian up in Formula 1. :D

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #30
    Raikkonen is the funniest when he speaks in the press conference, you cannot understand when the word ends, they are all connected together

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Go Raikkonen
    cool fabiana .. yeah he is a good driver and has a future. but i don't he is Gonna win a championship soon. as long as he waisted the chance on 2003.

back to australia :

actually its a good start from renault winning the race by Giancarlo Fisichella and winning 3rd place by alonso.. with 16 points made them leading the consractions championship so far.

The italian driver dominated the race even when he went to the pit. the team work was so good and helped him to continue fastly to the end. the real surprise with renault was alonso who started 13th and finished 3th
    the young spanish showed a real strong face for him this season. 16 points renault.

The big disappointment was for the Ferrari fans. expecting their hero will win the race, but as long as he started 18th there was no surprise or chance for him specially when contacted with Heidfeld, best for them barichello finished 2nd. 8 points Ferrari

David coulthard was amazing with his new team (redbull) as long as he was losing f1 participation form the last season. redbull gave him the trust and he showed good performance with 5 points from him and 2 from his teammate klien.

our williams finished 5th with webber. we were expecting from him more than that. as long as we know that he is racing on his homeland (australia)and his fans. heidfeld stupid contact with schum.

The real surprise came from (BAR HONDA) button & sato . they did a great job in 2004. but this first round they did not show anything that make us feels that they still good.. retired from the race.! 0 points

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    1 Renault 16

2 Ferrari 8

3 Red Bull Racing 7

4 Williams-BMW 4

4 McLaren-Mercedes 4

At least it's a little more competative this year.

Hope it stays this way till the end

Aug 27, 2003
    Fisichella did it omg! it was such an amazing race ..esp for us renalut fans i was really happy to see him taking first place
    and alonso taking third :D (for someone who started at 13th place it was quite impressive to see him land on third )

I wonder how the race would have went if Shcumi didnt leave

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    The FIA is creating stupid rules to make the sport more competitive, this will backfire on them IMO

Schumi left the race because he wants a new engine for the coming race, silly rule :wallbang:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Raikkonen is the funniest when he speaks in the press conference, you cannot understand when the word ends, they are all connected together
    I remember seeing him interviewed shortly after a mechanical failure during the race. He was far from interested, but the interviewer was following him. (S)he asked a series of questions, the answer to each of which was mumblemumblemumblemumble. Then (s)he asked how he felt David Coulthard, driving the same car, would feel after such a failure. His response,
    "Idunnoaskhim".

The new rules suck. I'll give the season a few races to get going, but I'm not a happy F1 fan.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    "Idunnoaskhim" :LOL: this what I was talking about

I expect things to change when the races start in Europe, and hopefully some changes in the rules take place

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Yes, at Indianapolis.

Also in Canada- Montreal in late June I think. My friends are going to Canada for the Grand Prix.

EDIT: Ooops, sorry, didn't read the question properly.

The only channel I know of which shows F1 is SPEED, which is available through Digital Cable (Channel 665 in the North East with Time Warner).

Dish Network and DirecTV should also have it.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    So ESPN or Fox dont show it?

Yeah they're probably busier showing a marathon of the Bowling Championship
    Or World's Strongest Men Competition

DAMN!!!!! I hate ESPN!!!!!!

And no, neither network carries it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)