The First Words of Bojinov (1 Viewer)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I can't help but think this:

No matter how promising and enthusiastic he is, he ain't ours.

It's just a loan, and we only have the option to buy 50% of him. Of course, we could use that option, and then try to buy the other half, but if he has a really good season that won't be cheap.

If he does amazing for us, he might help us up, but he still won't be ours. I know we all want youth and enthusiasm after the last few years, but I'd rather see us hedging our bets on Palladino and Volpato (at least we own 50% of him!).

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
What about Grafite , i think Juventus bought him from Mexico in the winther transfer period and he was sent to play in Le Mans on loan, i think is a quite good player... Juve should bring him back now...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Here's Bojinov, or should I say Nick Lache :lol:

He did great at Lecce but didn't integrate well with Fiorentina until recently....still great promise though...

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #73
    "This is the most important club in the world"

Valeri Bojinov spoke of his hopes for a big future with the Old Lady at this afternoon’s press conference: “Juventus belongs at the top and I will do everything in my power to see the team challenging for trophies again, in Italy and in Europe. Football is not an individual sport, it’s the team that’s always the winner. We have a great group of players here and we expect to win. The situation we’re in is by no means perfect but you can’t always have it all your own way. We’re all hoping the penalty will be reduced but make no mistake, we are prepared and, if we have to play in Serie B, we will do all we can to gain promotion as quickly as we can”.

The young Bulgarian striker then spoke of what it means to him to play for the bianconeri: “As soon as I heard they wanted me I said yes; Juve is Juve. It’s an honour to wear this jersey and I will give my all for the club. I’m very happy to play for Juventus but I realise that if I’m to be successful here I need to play well; there’s still a lot for me to learn, I need to keep improving if I want a place in the team”.

Bojinov also revealed his admiration for Alessandro Del Piero: “I’m very excited about playing with Del Piero, he’s a true champion. He gives his all for the side and always comes up with the goods when his team needs him most. I know I can learn a lot from him as a player and a person, he’s a phenomenon, truly world-class”.

For Valeri the recipe for success is simple: “We need to concentrate, use our heads and play to our strengths”.

And helping him along the way will be new head coach Didier Deschamps: “He’s told us what he requires of his players - hard work, concentration and a professional approach both on and off the pitch. He told us to honour the jersey with results. As a player he never stopped running for his team and he has asked for the same work ethic from us”.

And what does the Bulgarian youngster make of his hosts? “The Italian people have always made me feel at home, in Lecce, in Florence, everywhere. This is the greatest footballing nation in the world and I’d like to thank the people for making me feel like one of the family. I know that I have to play well and behave well to win over the fans but that’s exactly why I’m here and I hope my performances will demonstrate that”.

And that goal in training? “I’m happy I scored, it was a good goal, but it means nothing”.

He ended the conference on a similarly pragmatic note: “I could talk to you all day but it would mean nothing. It’s what you do on the pitch that counts: actions speak louder than words”.

-----------------------------------------

This man is a very good addition to the team. If not for his playing skills, I think his words are so nice.

Zlatan, why don't you take some lessons from this kid??:p

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1370000&ID=8181

Events - 21 Jul 2006 - 11:15 AM

“I want to play with Del Piero!”

Bianconero summer signing, Valeri Bojinov, took to the stage for another evening of entertainment at the Summer Village. The young striker drew applause from the crowd as he answered the questions posed by DJ Nanà: “I was at the beach with my family when I heard about the offer from Juventus. I didn’t hesitate for a second, this is one of the most important clubs in the world. I’m here to begin this new adventure and I hope I can realize your dreams and mine; to see Juve challenging for silverware again, at home and in Europe!”.

This brought cheers from the fans, and the noise levels increased further when they heard what he had to say next: “I want to play with Del Piero! And win as much as he has!”. Bojinov then invited the attending Juventini to sing the anthem of the bianconeri, with the most famous verse dedicated to the club’s legendary captain. The young Bulgarian joined in the singing before turning his attention to the signing of autographs.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #80
    Bojinov opens his account

The game went well. We’ve worked really hard this week and the pitch was obviously heavy but my legs responded positively”.

Valeri Bojinov is a happy man after Juventus’ 3-1 victory over Trentino; the young Bulgarian opened the scoring, juggling his way through the defence and lifting the ball past the keeper with a cool finish: “I’m obviously pleased to have scored, scoring goals is what strikers do, but it’s also important to work hard for the team, provide assists and show the boss that we’re doing what he’s asked of us. Of course it will take a little more time but soon you’ll see the best of what Juventus can do”.

Over the last week Bojinov has trained along side the likes of Nedved and Ibrahimovic, and the striker revealed how important that is to him as a young player: “I’m here to grow as a player and training with these guys is an honour. There’s a lot I can learn from them”.

Juventus.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)