The Financial Situation (9 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I still don't understand? The only thing I see is that some moron prosecutors don't think some players were worth what they were sold for. I don't see anything illegal here.
some of those deals look fishy af tbh :lol: anyway, if that's all what they have then we'll be fine. wiretaps could be a bigger concern than those swaps.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the investigation is about the last 3 years. 42 transfers (not all separate though, most of them are swaps) are being monitored. the club was under surveillance most probably because of those transfers. if it wasn't for tici, the club was never investigated in first place. of course he's not blameless.
That's not true, the big one that's caught the authorities interest is the words of cherubini and these secret docs.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
some of those deals look fishy af tbh :lol: anyway, if that's all what they have then we'll be fine. wiretaps could be a bigger concern than those swaps.
Like I've said what paratici did in terms of those plus valenza deals were not illegal otherwise all clubs are guilty its this secret docs that cherubini mentioned in the taps that concerns me and is the most incriminating part of all this.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd love to see Cherubini found guilty wouldn't you?
Couldnt give a fuck about his guilt tbh but he's possibly put us into a lot of trouble.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If the case is player values in swaps, I don't see the issue for us.

My worry is there is some mysterious incriminating document, but it seems a very weak story and nobody has suggested what it could be. The other worry is fraudulent accounting. However, as they are a listed company and have to meet various reporting requirments, plus go through external audits which are increasingly stringent I would hope that this is a nothing story..

Jun 16, 2020
Yea but tbh… Tongya, Portanova and Petrelli weren’t worth 8m, 10m and 8m… until they play a few senior games and score a goal. Will be hard to prove that it wasn’t their value.

If there are some taps where Tici clearly said that the other clubs agreed to boost the books than we could expect some problems. But if we look to the other cases it might just become a fine and some point penalty’s.

Didn’t read anything about it but I’m thinking that we might end up with a transfer ban.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Yea but tbh… Tongya, Portanova and Petrelli weren’t worth 8m, 10m and 8m… until they play a few senior games and score a goal. Will be hard to prove that it wasn’t their value.

If there are some taps where Tici clearly said that the other clubs agreed to boost the books than we could expect some problems. But if we look to the other cases it might just become a fine and some point penalty’s.

Didn’t read anything about it but I’m thinking that we might end up with a transfer ban.
Shouldn’t transfer ban handed by FIFA? They’re not investigating us are they?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I've said what paratici did in terms of those plus valenza deals were not illegal otherwise all clubs are guilty its this secret docs that cherubini mentioned in the taps that concerns me and is the most incriminating part of all this.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldnt give a fuck about his guilt tbh but he's possibly put us into a lot of trouble.
3 years of shady management and the newguy who made a mistake in talking about it on the phone gets all the blame.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
If nobody has covered it already: the recent Ronaldo contract investigation may be because they recognized the loss during the 2020/2021 year retroactively via a write-down. It's abnormal but I don't know how that's fraud. This seems like a witch hunt - and a waste of tax payer money. I'd be pissed if I lived in Torino was was paying these clowns to investigate stuff like this.

- - - Updated - - -

No you really don’t. Read @s4tch and @Seven posts. We were guilty of nothing that warranted more than a slap on the wrist. Nothing that isn’t business as usual in Italy. Unsporting conduct lol. Other clubs were actually committing relegation to Serie C level offenses. But we were not and even after all that investigating over a decade have still not been proven to have done anything serious wrong.

You really should go support your EPL clubs. You’re an appalling Juve fan.
Italian prosecution is ridiculous at times - see the Amanda Knox case. Not only an italian problem though. It's a bit of a problem when you're incentivized to put people in jail rather than 'get it right'.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If nobody has covered it already: the recent Ronaldo contract investigation may be because they recognized the loss during the 2020/2021 year retroactively via a write-down.
not sure whether that's the reason of the ronaldo investigation but iirc we did the same with higuain too, didn't we?

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I still don't understand? The only thing I see is that some moron prosecutors don't think some players were worth what they were sold for. I don't see anything illegal here.
The crux of the situation isn't does some prosecutor think some players were worth what they were sold for BUT if they have wiretaps where Juventus representatives ADMIT as much. However, that admitting isn't enough because even if they admit it on wiretap, maybe they're just saying "haha, look at this French club buying our player for way more than he's worth" which probably happens often when somebody acquires a player you don't rate as highly as them.

The real meat of the situation comes down to wiretaps where Juve reps ADMIT they are colluding with the other clubs to artificially inflate the transfer price on purpose. If there truly are wiretaps of such a conversation and those wiretaps are legally allowed to be used (no legal advisor, client privelege) then that is a very dumb mistake by anybody from Juve.

These things happen EVERYWHERE. All the time, in all industries. All walks of life. The inflated price of new cars with a "deal" price, the cost of prescriptions sold to healthcare for an inflated price, the cost of travel to give discounts. It's everywhere. But people don't admit it is collusion to artificially increase the price of a good.

It's moronic to discuss this on calls and regardless heads should roll. It's one thing to be financially taking advantage as best you are able. It is another thing to openly talk about it all over phone calls.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
If nobody has covered it already: the recent Ronaldo contract investigation may be because they recognized the loss during the 2020/2021 year retroactively via a write-down. It's abnormal but I don't know how that's fraud. This seems like a witch hunt - and a waste of tax payer money. I'd be pissed if I lived in Torino was was paying these clowns to investigate stuff like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Italian prosecution is ridiculous at times - see the Amanda Knox case. Not only an italian problem though. It's a bit of a problem when you're incentivized to put people in jail rather than 'get it right'.
Did the club describe why they did this at the time in any financial releases? I've never audited a football club before, but I suppose that player contracts are like other assets; if there is any indication that an asset is impaired you should record a write-down so the asset's book value reflects its fair value.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Did the club describe why they did this at the time in any financial releases? I've never audited a football club before, but I suppose that player contracts are like other assets; if there is any indication that an asset is impaired you should record a write-down so the asset's book value reflects its fair value.
There's a note saying that they did it. So an auditor would have seen it.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
There's a note saying that they did it. So an auditor would have seen it.
I don't know what sort of evidence they have, but I find it fascinating that they seem to be focusing on accounting estimates that are by nature very subjective. And actually quite comforting since they wouldn't be putting all this emphasis on this matter if they had caught us red handed doing something serious.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
4th spot is kind of impossible if you factor in getting point deduction which is very likely at this point. They wouldn't have made this investigation public without planning the entire process including the penalty. They're talking about the possibility of relegating Juve to make the huge point deduction looks like a reduced sentence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)