The Financial Situation (28 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
With this loss how are we doing ffp wise?
FFP break even is an adjusted number & add-backs are material. There is also a 35M allowance with 30 needing to be funded by equity. FFPP = FFP Profit...
FFPP T-0 + FFPP T-1 + FFPP T-2 must therefore equal -35M. Given my assumptions for FFP profit, I believe we can lose ~25M in 2019/2020 and remain compliant.

Also side note: I projected -35.3M in losses in the spreadsheet I posted earlier in this thread, and it came in at -40M. So a little worse than expected, but still reasonable.
Add back: Taxes € 13.0m, Non-player depreciation €11.7m , Provision & write-downs €17.2m and it's break-even with FFP.

Also the club wants to raise €300m with the intention of 'i. financing the investments required for maintaining sport competitiveness; ii. supporting the commercial strategy so to increase revenues and the visibility of Juventus brand on international markets'.

Think Juve will be financially safe and competitive in the near future.:xfingers:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 3, 2014
620 mln revenue. We were below 200mln not so long ago.

So we're taking a loan?
It is an equity issuance - shareholders injecting new money. €300M is about 20% of current market cap, so you’ll see the stock fall by almost that much on Monday because of the assumed increase in shares. Net debt (debt - cash) = €463M
The equity issuance will inject €300M cash and reduce net debt to about €163M. So financially the company will be in a good position.
Also that provision figure is huge. Wonder what drove that - will have to look at annual reports...great FFP maneuvering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Screenshot_20190921-071535_Drive.jpg

Deduct player sales and this is around 70m change from last season. Out of 470m revenue, 330m is spent on salaries which is around 70%, while other major clubs are between 50-60%. Salaries are becoming an issue.

In short term we have room to improve in sponsorship deals. I am hoping our next deal with Jeep to be around 40-50m per season.

We can complain about ticket prices, but there is 14m change compared to last season. I am expecting this figure to hit 100m over the next 5 years. The downside is the atmosphere, because there is different profile of fans attending games. Those that make the most noise wont be able to afford it soon.

300m planned equity issuance makes me hopeful of a good transfer campaign next summer and less pressure for financing growing debt.

When will Serie A broadcasting deal expire? I wonder if those dinosaurs could renegotiate better deals.

The goal should be 600m revenue without player sales within 3-4 years...

Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Letting Mario go will then help a little I suppose, I assume he's on a big salary? Same as Matuidi and Khedira next season.
The game has changed A LOT since the Moggi era, I am well aware of that, so this reasoning falls a bit short but bare with me. In the past we used to have a few rotational players that were cheap but obviously not starting material for us. Players like Zalayeta (with all the respect he deserves). Not saying letting e.g. Sturaro go was the worst mistake we've ever made (on the contrary, that was a good deal), but perhaps we should look to fill 1-2 spots with u23 players or players like Padoin/Giaccherini that would accept to barely play, can play in a lot of positions and are basically cheap. We don't need 24 players competing for 11 spots, I think we can reduce that significantly and still remain competitive while offering either youth players a chance every now and then or sign cheap mascots. I would prefer youth but that's never gonna happen.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

Deduct player sales and this is around 70m change from last season. Out of 470m revenue, 330m is spent on salaries which is around 70%, while other major clubs are between 50-60%. Salaries are becoming an issue.

In short term we have room to improve in sponsorship deals. I am hoping our next deal with Jeep to be around 40-50m per season.

We can complain about ticket prices, but there is 14m change compared to last season. I am expecting this figure to hit 100m over the next 5 years. The downside is the atmosphere, because there is different profile of fans attending games. Those that make the most noise wont be able to afford it soon.

300m planned equity issuance makes me hopeful of a good transfer campaign next summer and less pressure for financing growing debt.

When will Serie A broadcasting deal expire? I wonder if those dinosaurs could renegotiate better deals.

Serie A made a mistake and signed the deal 1-2months before Ronaldo joined Juventus.
The new tv rights will be discussed in 2021 so 2years

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventus as always is too soft in negotiations. We need take harder stance and refuse colective selling of broadcasting rights. We attract the most interest domestic and abroad which stems from having some of the best players in the world here. Yet we concede all the time. Threaten to leave the league, work towards Super league.

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
Juventus as always is too soft in negotiations. We need take harder stance and refuse colective selling of broadcasting rights. We attract the most interest domestic and abroad which stems from having some of the best players in the world here. Yet we concede all the time. Threaten to leave the league, work towards Super league.
A strong league is better for Juventus in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
it's not up to us.
Back then it was individual but then we had "Meloni's law" which abolished indivual negotations and force a collective deal.
Which is stupid for the bigger teams but life saver for the smaller ones...

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

R u sure about others big club spent around 50%-60% once you deduct player sales? I really don't think is that the case at all but I'm to lazy to check around

A $70m increase from others revenues is more than ok, it's like 16% increase, if u can keep that growth with a healthy leverage u r in for something big

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve stock price falls

By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ stock price has fallen by 6 percent in wake of their financial results for last season.

Juve recorded losses of €39.9m for the year ending June 30, 2019, and that has been followed by a drop on the stock exchange.

Activity was initially suspended on Monday morning due to the price plummeting to €1.29, before it reopened with a negative forecast.

It marks a significant drop from the peak of €1.70 over the summer, when they were linked with hiring Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.

Exor, the holding company owned by the Agnelli family, is also down by 2.4% to a price of €61.60 per share.

DOOOOMMMMED

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Juve stock price falls

By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ stock price has fallen by 6 percent in wake of their financial results for last season.

Juve recorded losses of €39.9m for the year ending June 30, 2019, and that has been followed by a drop on the stock exchange.

Activity was initially suspended on Monday morning due to the price plummeting to €1.29, before it reopened with a negative forecast.

It marks a significant drop from the peak of €1.70 over the summer, when they were linked with hiring Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.

Exor, the holding company owned by the Agnelli family, is also down by 2.4% to a price of €61.60 per share.

DOOOOMMMMED
true, but it's not the reported losses, it's the recent equity issuance that caused this recent drop. it was predictable, and it's pretty normal. the ~40m loss was predicted months ago, and the market already reacted to that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Whilst I do agree with some players being overpaid, it's only absurd in comparison to other Serie A teams. It's very on par with other leading clubs in Europe. Because that's what we are, we compete in the higher of European football from a financial POV and more so on a technical and results level, the rest of the league does not.

The flip side of attracting top class players on big wages is that it does in fact increase salaries across the board, and is something the club need to keep on track.
Plus if you subtract our salary expenses on Ronaldo and the players we couldn't get rid of in summer, total doesn't look that bad at all.

Ronaldo is Ronaldo and pays for himself. And the players we couldn't get rid of who aren't very useful will leave soon enough.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Calcioefinanza publishes the BRUT cost of the juve's board 2018-19:
- President #Agnelli: 0,504m
- Vice President #Nedved: 0,503m
- #Marotta: 1,32m (4 months!)
- DS #Pratici: 2,8m

They also tell us that the dismissal of # Tuscan daemon cost 15.67m.

https://t.co/UfEJLE6c5u?amp=1
Agnelli and Paratici earn only that? Paratici's salary is 5.5x as much.

Guessing they also receive other checks (bonuses, BoD) and a lot of stock options.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)