The Financial Situation (90 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
its Real Madrid, despite losing Ronaldo they are the biggest brand in football together with United, so they will always get the most lucrative deals

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
this. Roma seems on the right track (except the recent stupid sales in the last 2 summers) and if Milan gets their shit together, would much prefer that kind of competition. Napoli needs a long term financial boost if they want to stay relevant
I think Napoli's management have proved themselves over the time that they're capable of staying relevant even without the budget, ADL might be a complete dickhead as a person, but he's managing his club really well, the only 2 big faults I could name over the years are the hiring of Benitez some years back and a lack of adequate stadium, apart from that I see no reason to doubt Napoli are here to stay as a stable CL places club in Italy.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I think Napoli's management have proved themselves over the time that they're capable of staying relevant even without the budget, ADL might be a complete dickhead as a person, but he's managing his club really well, the only 2 big faults I could name over the years are the hiring of Benitez some years back and a lack of adequate stadium, apart from that I see no reason to doubt Napoli are here to stay as a stable CL places club in Italy.
Napoli managed to stay up only cause they found players to resell for a huge money and keep repeating this cycle.
But when they'll fail to find players likeable by europhean big clubs they'll drop down.
Even now ther only interesting player with a little bit of appeal is Koulibaly.
But they'll hardly get the money they hope for him.
The rest of the team is either old or not on the hype.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Napoli managed to stay up only cause they found players to resell for a huge money and keep repeating this cycle.
But when they'll fail to find players likeable by europhean big clubs they'll drop down.
Even now ther only interesting player with a little bit of appeal is Koulibaly.
But they'll hardly get the money they hope for him.
The rest of the team is either old or not on the hype.
Koulibaly has grown into a monster of a defender, his display against Mbappe was very impressive. But I disagree that Napoli need to sell big to stay up, ADL has proven he operates well with a tight budget. as long as they keep hitting the jackpot with their coaches and signings and somehow continue to manage the dressing room in which every 2nd player is underpaid they'll be up there

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Koulibaly has grown into a monster of a defender, his display against Mbappe was very impressive. But I disagree that Napoli need to sell big to stay up, ADL has proven he operates well with a tight budget. as long as they keep hitting the jackpot with their coaches and signings and somehow continue to manage the dressing room in which every 2nd player is underpaid they'll be up there
well you just listed all the flaws with their transfer strategy. hitting jackpots is called that because it aint easy and it doesent happen so often. if you rely on that and your players being idiots (for settling for far less than they could get elsewhere) to stay competitive, at some point it wont be enough. you gonna have to have the financial power to keep your star players or replace them adequately. otherwise you decline, then after you miss out on the CL and lose 30% of your revenue you end up like Milan (just worse, without the history and money) and have other teams overtake you

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
well you just listed all the flaws with their transfer strategy. hitting jackpots is called that because it aint easy and it doesent happen so often. if you rely on that and your players being idiots (for settling for far less than they could get elsewhere) to stay competitive, at some point it wont be enough. you gonna have to have the financial power to keep your star players or replace them adequately. otherwise you decline, then after you miss out on the CL and lose 30% of your revenue you end up like Milan (just worse, without the history and money) and have other teams overtake you
I think the financial power Napoli have is enough for them to stay in CL places in Italy no matter what others do, their management has proven time and time again they can assemble teams capable of winning ~80 points season after season on this budget. it's the next step, regularly competing for Scudetto and CL, where they fall short with their financial capabilities no matter how good the management is.

you end up like Milan if the guys in charge are impotent, just look at the coaches they've hired since Allegri, those choices are worse than what your average random tuzzer would've picked.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think the financial power Napoli have is enough for them to stay in CL places in Italy no matter what others do, their management has proven time and time again they can assemble teams capable of winning ~80 points season after season on this budget. it's the next step, regularly competing for Scudetto and CL, where they fall short with their financial capabilities no matter how good the management is.

you end up like Milan if the guys in charge are impotent, just look at the coaches they've hired since Allegri, those choices are worse than what your average random tuzzer would've picked.
their management proved they can assemble teams capable of winning, twice, or one generation change to be precise, in a league where Milan and inter were at an, well not quite all time, but lowest low in a while. they had the Mazzari/Lavezzi/Cavani generation and then they replaced that bunch with current one. right now they are fine, they have the quality and experience to be 2nd best in Italy. but Milan and inter are getting back on their feet, and if they screw up the next generation change, they are done for a while as a CL regular imo

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
their management proved they can assemble teams capable of winning, twice, or one generation change to be precise, in a league where Milan and inter were at an, well not quite all time, but lowest low in a while. they had the Mazzari/Lavezzi/Cavani generation and then they replaced that bunch with current one. right now they are fine, they have the quality and experience to be 2nd best in Italy. but Milan and inter are getting back on their feet, and if they screw up the next generation change, they are done for a while as a CL regular imo
They way I see it, it's not so much about how Inter or Milan is doing, as it's about whether Napoli can maintain their quality, Milan directly can only influence 6 points out of 114 available. A team that wins 91 or 87 points is still good for CL places even if the league gets one or two elite teams added to it

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
They way I see it, it's not so much about how Inter or Milan is doing, as it's about whether Napoli can maintain their quality, Milan directly can only influence 6 points out of 114 available. A team that wins 91 or 87 points is still good for CL places even if the league gets one or two elite teams added to it
yes youre right about right now and next season or two. my point is, in the long run, will it be enough to rely on hitting jackpots and keeping players for multiple years far under their true wage value. their line between playing CL regularly and dropping to Fiorentina tier is very thin, due to not having the financial power of a Milan, inter or even Roma without CL income

Apr 19, 2007
yes youre right about right now and next season or two. my point is, in the long run, will it be enough to rely on hitting jackpots and keeping players for multiple years far under their true wage value. their line between playing CL regularly and dropping to Fiorentina tier is very thin, due to not having the financial power of a Milan, inter or even Roma without CL income
Im not so sure "jackpots" is the right words. Being good at the market and seeing good market opportunities is sustainable. Its just a matter if they dont turn out a time or two do they have funds to compensate and buy a ready product to not lose on the filed.Similar to what we had to do with Higuain for us. Another factor is if the milans are able to not be smart but outspend enough to make up the ground. Im not so sure that Napoli wont keep its sustainable champions league presence

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
My feelings are Monchi Team would be great in numbers and market but not in results. Leonardo Team would be growing slowly year after year but they r too down right now. Merda would always be Merda, even when they had the best players in the world they were shit so Napoli is good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 88)