The Financial Situation (21 Viewers)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Yeah, definitely the owners are more than happy to have their business influenced by some Italian prejudices.
Ok, lets assume I`m wrong (which is the case here, as I was more joking with the Beppe`s Van Persie offer and less talking about Sky, as I dont have any insight on this deal or the parts involved in it).

Why do you think a company as big as Sky would treat something as important as the Serie A TV rights in the way they did, putting at stake part of their business and eventually risking losing it? Yes, their legal challenge after they found out they lost the auction made them look like sore losers and Milan`s court decision looks even more pathetic and rigged now, but still... the Court`s verdict is what it is and it doesnt really seem fair and unbiased, even without knowing all the facts.

Something smells fishy here, it`s like this auction is made for Sky to win it and Sky was well aware of that, and while I cannot be sure if it is for the best to Serie A clubs, the league, the fans, the players, the managers, the presidents and the Italian football as a whole, I do feel that there is/was some injustice that would be left unpunished. Sad thing is that things like that happen all across the world, especially when a (huge) amount of money is involved, dont want to use the proper term for that...

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Ok, lets assume I`m wrong (which is the case here, as I was more joking with the Beppe`s Van Persie offer and less talking about Sky, as I dont have any insight on this deal or the parts involved in it).

Why do you think a company as big as Sky would treat something as important as the Serie A TV rights in the way they did, putting at stake part of their business and eventually risking losing it? Yes, their legal challenge after they found out they lost the auction made them look like sore losers and Milan`s court decision looks even more pathetic and rigged now, but still... the Court`s verdict is what it is and it doesnt really seem fair and unbiased, even without knowing all the facts.

Something smells fishy here, it`s like this auction is made for Sky to win it and Sky was well aware of that, and while I cannot be sure if it is for the best to Serie A clubs, the league, the fans, the players, the managers, the presidents and the Italian football as a whole, I do feel that there is/was some injustice that would be left unpunished. Sad thing is that things like that happen all across the world, especially when a (huge) amount of money is involved, dont want to use the proper term for that...
I agree, I would not be surprised at all if somebody was bribed. The sad part is that I was hoping this new broadcaster will improve the league as a whole which I guess will not happen with Sky.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So wait a second our brand strength became weaker ::lol3:: When you get a first year student to make a business case on a football club = :jj:

correlation does not and bla bla

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Our squad has a lot of washed up players + Beppe weakened the squad so there's that too

Having younger , more exciting players increases brand value apart from sporting results ofcourse. Our 15-16 squad was pretty 'exciting' if you look at it in that respect. This is why selling marketable assets like Pogba and potentially Dybala will be a huge disadvantage for a club like us who doesn't have the marketability of the PL to compensate for lack of 'star power'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)