The Financial Situation (14 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I think both of you are correct. Pogba really wanted out, and when this fact was established, Juve began to think pragmatically about the situation, and, in the end, was content to make an insane profit on a guy we brought here for almost nothing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And you have to be extremely daft to believe we would sell him if we didn't want to.
I'd be extremely daft if i'd believe we would sell pogba if he didnt want to be sold ?

I fully agree

- - - Updated - - -

I think both of you are correct. Pogba really wanted out, and when this fact was established, Juve began to think pragmatically about the situation, and, in the end, was content to make an insane profit on a guy we brought here for almost nothing.
Mr Gucci here is saying we wanted to sell Pogba and he gave in. That is was juventus forcing the deal.

I am saying that we wouldnt have sold him at all if he'd wanted to stay. But he didnt, he forced his way out

There is no middle ground here, its opposing

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

I think his intentions were pretty clear. Im about to think he handed is transfer request some weeks before the season ended...to give Juve time to think what they would do.

Im sure that at the beggining, they do not liked the idea and tried to convince him by renewing... but when the hard cold truth about transfer fee , players will and wage numbers were brought to the table...Juventus simply said "well fuck it lets sell".

We cant offer him what he wants, that being limelight, money, hype and the life in manchester. Serie A is not hype...juve is not hype. He wants Hollywood. We cant give him that.

i dont know why people just ignore this hen talking about why Pogba decided to ditch us.

People here are just in denyal regarding our actual power as a brand and the state of serie A.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Pogba wanted EPL exposure. Clearly it was not a football decision.

At the end of the day, Man Utd is not and will never be a club like Real or Barca. Their best players(95% of the time foreigners) will always want to leave for those clubs and they, like us, can't keep their stars if Barca or Real come calling. Difference between us and them is that they have EPL money.

As soon as superstars start doing well in the EPL, they want to run away to Spain. Suarez, Hazard, De Gea, Bale, Modric.

A few years with some more dabbing and pokemon haircuts, Pogba will start thinking the EPL is too small for him as well.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I think that might change with United's rising financial power.

Barca and Madrid these days rarely have bought players from the EPL top 4.

Last big transaction - Suarez from Liverpool and also Bale from Spurs. Both mid-table level clubs these days.

They can poach players from clubs such as them but to sign players from Chelsea , City and United is going to get increasingly difficult for the Spanish teams.

Unless something dramatic with Brexit happens.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Last big transaction - Suarez from Liverpool and also Bale from Spurs. Both mid-table level clubs these days.

They can poach players from clubs such as them but to sign players from Chelsea , City and United is going to get increasingly difficult for the Spanish teams.

Yes and No. Barca and Madrid are historically greater teams than all the EPL scum, Yanited included. If a player plays for one of the aforementioned teams and comes up short in both the EPL and the CL for 3 consecutive seasons, I can guarantee you he'd want to move on, assuming the player possesses ambition to win titles, and isn't solely interested in money.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Pogba wanted EPL exposure. Clearly it was not a football decision.

At the end of the day, Man Utd is not and will never be a club like Real or Barca. Their best players(95% of the time foreigners) will always want to leave for those clubs and they, like us, can't keep their stars if Barca or Real come calling. Difference between us and them is that they have EPL money.

As soon as superstars start doing well in the EPL, they want to run away to Spain. Suarez, Hazard, De Gea, Bale, Modric.

A few years with some more dabbing and pokemon haircuts, Pogba will start thinking the EPL is too small for him as well.
You're wrong there. The difference is we spend our money wisely while they tend to overpay for the likes of depay, scheiderlin, shaw, etc. They only really good purchase they have done is Pogba.

You're right about everything else tho. Pogba will land in Spain sooner rather than later.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Especially with the high profile managers stacked in the EPL nowadays, it's ridiculous how many great managers are leading teams in one league.

Jan 22, 2016

Because there is not any player in those team that can improve Barca or Real.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Champions League draw: Juve, pick well
120m reasons to win it

So much money when conquering the trophy
Bianconeri are already even richer thanks to Roma exit
Conte holds back Cuadra

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
After 5 years we finally have significant financial power and we're in position to present high offers for players and pay big clauses.

Watch us pay for 3-4 top players next summer.

These 400 million a year revenues will guarantee it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)