The Financial Situation (22 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I said this zillion times, that small capacity will limit our growth; TV revenues are as well maximized and we can't expect anything significant in this segment. Commerce is the only area where we could still grow. Next shirt sposnor will make it possible for us to net 300m per year. In the next 2-3 years we might break that 300m barrier, without CL income, and then we will be able to compete with European heavyweights.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
In the same article, it's reported that Agnelli expects to have 300M revenue without CL revenues/prizes by 2018. At first this doesn't look like will be enough to put us in some real competition with the big ones.

Regarding the stadium, yes, I believe Juve has reached its limit. They have already excluded the possibility of an expansion. And if you look into the club's historical attendance at Delle Alpi, you'll see it's very low compared to European giants. The fact it was an old and cold stadium is definitely part of it.

But other factors take place: alledgedly the majority of the city supports Torino (which is a less than million habitants city); Italian economy stinks; it's very fucking cold in there; among others.

So I do believe that 40.000 is close to our ceilling now. Maybe an expansion to 50.000 could be handy, but it will cost more and the club doesn't seem to be in a position to invest in it right now, also because Continassa demands a considerable amount of money to be invested.

The commercial revenue is the one to grow. It includes sponsorships and brand license. Sponsorships will see a relevant increase from 2015 to 2018 I guess. Then we'll have to be able to make another jump from 2018 onwards.

About licensing - kits selling and stuff - I don't really know how relevant is it. What is the nature of this income for Madrid, Barcelona, United? How much money do they actually make out of it?

It seems like the way to increase commercial revenue is upping the brand's value. But the brand's value will only go up with relevant performance in Europe.

I don't know. Maybe if we can get like 75/80% revenue of top clubs like Madrid this would be enough to compete at the highest level.

Also, they keep improving their revenue vastly, year after year. Won't it ever stop? What are the projections of the top revenue to be reached by a club?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Also, the perfect world would be to have Exor's heavy investment, even if in the form of very long term and small interest loans. But this already happened 3/4 years ago. Elkann doesn't give any hints that this will happen again anytime soon.

And actually I don't know if the hate on Elkann is justified. Had he an Italian name and things would've been easier to him. He is the nephew of Gianni. He was directly chosen by Gianni to run the empire, after Giovanni Alberto died some years ago. It's a shame because Giovanni has very talented and loved Juventus as much as Gianni and Andrea.

And Fiat was on decline some years ago. Now Elkann has estabilized it, the guy has been great to Fiat. And he's the one who appointed Andrea as the team's president, and authorized a 70M loan in 2011, which funded many Marotta's acquisitions. We spent a shitload of money in 2011, around 80M.

Elkann definitely lacks the passion for Juventus, but he hasn't such an evil to us at all. With Italian economy in a huge crisis, and Fiat's going through rough times, it's not reasonable to demand that Exor simply donates money to Juventus. They have shareholders, and they aim for profit. Look at Milan and Inter.

We will have to get to the top by our own hands... just like Bayern did. Management has to do an amazing job so this can happen in a few years. Branding value can skyrocket these days, if you are consistently competitive in Europe. IMO we already have players that could provide this. Not necessarily contending for the title, but being competitive and playing big games against the top clubs.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, that's the only thing to be proud of.

Commercial revenue is beyond pathetic.
They should step up their game. Them ugly sweaters aren't selling.

They should try selling bongs with Pirlo's face on it. 140 a piece. :donedeal:

- - - Updated - - -

So in cars, not the club.
Cause if we splashing I better see Cavani, Sanchez, Rabiot, Marcelo and Nani.

- - - Updated - - -

And Kolo Toure.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Top-Ten European clubs

that's 12/13 revenue. EPL clubs had a big boost in tv money in 13/14.

Arsenal up by around atleast €40m, Chelsea up by atleast €45m, ManCity up by atleast €45m from TV alone. so those 3 clubs will be near or over €350m already this year. As far as I know Juve hadn't had any increase in revenue this year, so the gap just keeps on growing.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27411682

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Even without spending properly in the Summer, I don't see us bridging gaps at all. How can we?

I mean, the new contracts will help but we're hardly the only club in the World that's going to keep getting improved sponsorship deals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Perosnally, i think we will reach our ceiling soon in terms of incomes. Agnellis comments of us needeing like 5 years to be like the powerhouses is just good talk. It will not be that way in who knows how much time. But at least we can aim to be o a profit every year... thats the minimum. After that,,we will have to see how Serie A develops and how constant we can be in doing good every CL.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We need investment in the form of loans. So it's still secure from FFP, AND we don't need to turn into Udinese 2.0 to stay afloat.

I mean, loads of big clubs are in ridiculous amounts of Debt, much more than us in some cases. There's no scenario in which a Serie A club that has no outside investment can compete with clubs with bigger stadiums, much bigger revenue playing in more popular leagues with better TV deals. That's pure fantasy right there.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The only way for us to compete with EPL in the future is if a European super league gets made, something like the North American leagues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)