The Financial Situation (67 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Juventus have recorded a financial loss for the first half of the 2010-11 season.

The Old Lady posted a deficit of €39.5m, more than double this time last year.

It's thought that investment in the new stadium and last year's failure to qualify for the Champions League are behind the figures.

Juventus' financial results were announced at a meeting of the club's majority shareholders.

Khaled Fareg Zentuti, the representative of Lafico, the Libyan company with a 7.5 per cent stake in the club, wasn't present for reasons well-documented in the media.

Buy on AliExpress.com

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
They warned us about significant losses for this season starting in the summer. Seeing as how it was anticipated early, presumably they have a plan in place for dealing with it. so I'm not worried.

Regardless, a €39.5m deficit for half a season is bad news, and makes all these rumours of large transfer budgets this summer all the more laughable.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeps....

if we dont qualify for the CL this term....... i really dont know what will happen...

AT least before we were crap but financually ok.... now we are bad in both....

we can end like a midtable team for real this time.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not as worried about the 40m loss as I am about not qualifying for the Champions League. That could seriously make or break at least the next 5 years for us, if not more.

If we fail to qualify for the CL, it means we miss out on a lot of bonus money, reduced revenues from our new stadium and an inability to sign good players due to lack of money and CL football. With Serie A losing a spot to Bundesliga for 2012/13, it's going to be extremely difficult for us to get back to the top.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
some info that was shared out to me ;)

"even without CL we are obtaining a large chunk of revenue from the stadium (naming rights etc) all of which fall under revenue earned for FFP. "

"Lafico own 7.5% of Juve - confirmed as state owned (which is good) but as with most externally held Libyan assets they have been frozen for now which means we cant do anything about it yet. "

p.s he also says that the arrival of bastos is very likely.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Since BD can't answer me, i'm assuming his reliable drughi source, is the city council garbage disposal guy that collects all the trash in Turin.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005

"even without CL we are obtaining a large chunk of revenue from the stadium (naming rights etc) all of which fall under revenue earned for FFP. "

"Lafico own 7.5% of Juve - confirmed as state owned (which is good) but as with most externally held Libyan assets they have been frozen for now which means we cant do anything about it yet. "

This information is hardly a secret and is stating the obvious (minus the Bastos part).

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
oh sorry if i don't continuously press f5 expecting a reply from you in order to answer you immediately, the question itself was a vague one, who is who?
Vague? It's vague because you didn't mention who told you about this.

What does the last sentence bring up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 64)