The Financial Situation (182 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why the fuck should Juventus, the biggest team in Italy share the money with teams like Siena? We have more viewers in one game then Siena has in their whole season.
To make the league stronger as a whole.

Serie A is now moving to a similar system to the one the EPL operates and it doesn't seem to have done too badly from it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Which is a good thing, competitiveness which I believe already exists clearly in Serie A. The gulf between the top and bottom in Serie A is clearly not as big as it is in the PL, however that is partly due to the top 4 being so far ahead, because of seperate money accumulated.

Juve can find other means to generate money and will still have significant deals, teams like Siena have no chance.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
In the long run, I think it'll even out... If Serie A manages to capture more viewership, it'd bring in revenue from other sources for Juve...

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Its a positive thing...as the league gets stronger while our new stadium will be ready next season when these new rules do come to light so the extra 15,000 fans in the new stadium will do the balance sheet.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Channel 4

Juve: 'Profitable and competitive'
Thursday 6 August, 2009
Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is beaming at news the club has made a profit and reinforced on the transfer market.

“We ended the fiscal year with £5m profit, an 18 per cent increase compared to last season,” said the patron after today’s board meeting.

“Juve have once again become competitive in the economic environment. We are extremely solid.”

In a year when clubs like Milan and Roma are forced to sell their stars to raise funds, it is particularly significant that the Bianconeri are making money.

They reinvested it by signing Diego, Felipe Melo, Martin Caceres and Fabio Cannavaro to build an impressive side.

“The team is stronger than last season and above all we have reinforced significantly in every area of the squad,” continued President Cobolli Gigli.

“In attack we have also rediscovered the motivation and fitness of David Trezeguet, turning us into a truly competitive outfit.

“Are we stronger than Inter? I am not interested in them. We will see on the pitch who is the better team.”

Meanwhile, the Bianconeri must whittle down the squad, with Sergio Almiron heading for Bari and Christian Poulsen reportedly in talks with Fiorentina.

“Almiron to Bari is a possibility, but we will not give Poulsen to Fiorentina. I can confirm we will do everything we can to sell these two players, though.”

Good news! Especially considering we didn't go that far in the CL. I think we last made a profit after the 2002-2003 season. Things are looking good, both from a football perspective and a financial one.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wonder how they will use it?

Invest in another wingback maybe? I say save it till next year because we are going to need a young striker to start replace our aging Naval Fleet.....

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I can't imagine how much more profit they'll make with the stadium. Money will come out of their asses violently. :p

:juventus:

Geof

May 14, 2004
Channel 4

Juve: 'Profitable and competitive'

“We ended the fiscal year with £5m profit, an 18 per cent increase compared to last season,” said the patron after today’s board meeting.
To be a bit more thorough, one should make the following points:

1. These are the figures up to 30 June. The transfers we made since then are not taken into account.
2. Last year (2007-2008), we made a loss of EUR 20,8 million.
3. Our income was 240.4 million this year, which is a progression of 18% compared to last year. This is mainly the effect of participating in the CL.

All in all that's quite good. The income structure should vastly change once the new stadium comes. This should help us to stay viable on our own, which is a thing only few clubs can do in modern football.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
To be a bit more thorough, one should make the following points:

1. These are the figures up to 30 June. The transfers we made since then are not taken into account.
2. Last year (2007-2008), we made a loss of EUR 20,8 million.
3. Our income was 240.4 million this year, which is a progression of 18% compared to last year. This is mainly the effect of participating in the CL.

All in all that's quite good. The income structure should vastly change once the new stadium comes. This should help us to stay viable on our own, which is a thing only few clubs can do in modern football.
Yeah, what makes this especially good news is taking into consideration the gobal financial crisis. I am waiting to see our new income structure, especially what effect the new TV rights deal will have. Whether the Lega is going to be fair and recognize that some (a lot) of the TV income should be distributed on the basis of number of fans and viewership and success on the field.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
They should foucs on building new stadiums for most of serie A teams. Then teams can have better revenues. Italian should try making the game more attractive to foreingers just like the English league. I started watching Serie A back in 1994 and I really don't care about the status of the stadiums at all, but to get a lot of new viewers you have to make it attractive and put in a little afford. All those can lead to a better Tv deal due to demand and more endorsments and sponsers.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I can't imagine how much more profit they'll make with the stadium. Money will come out of their asses violently. :p

:juventus:
The question is, will Secco ever spend some of that money on the defense?

Another thing I am wondering is, how come we are so rich and doing so good financially when we, for example, only have about 25 000 spectators each game? What makes us richer than Milan and Inter?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Well the olimpico is apparently a piece of shit stadium for one. I expect an increase of at least 2000 average this year down to Ciro and the new signings (it they are doing well obviously).

Also 25000 is 91% capacity which is pretty good. I'm fairly baffled aswell because to the impartial observer Milan Inter and Roma are all bigger at least here in ireland.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Great news given the economic downturn. We will continue to rise as well now that we are back in europe for a consecutive season. The stadium will make that rise even steeper.

Forza Sucko, Blank and Giggles!

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I was looking into this new collective TV rights deal, and it looks like only 40% will be distributed equally while 30% will be based on performance and history, and another 30% will be based on fanbase. Not as bad as I feared. If the package will be 900 million euros, Juventus is estimated to pull off around 87 million euros. This is not as much as today, however I don't believe that this figure estimates income from the CL where we have an almost guaranteed entrance. So it is probably higher.

Never used this source before, but the article seems professional
http://italian-calcio.blogspot.com/2008/01/gov-approves-collective-tv-rights-sale.html

Update:
Hey, I looked into the quarter financial statement from March this year, and they pretty much confirm the 87 million euros for the 2010-2011 season , which they say is a only a 8 million euro decrease from the 95 million we will receive from this coming season. This means we are losing very little with the new collective deal!

Again, great news!

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I was looking into this new collective TV rights deal, and it looks like only 40% will be distributed equally while 30% will be based on performance and history, and another 30% will be based on fanbase. Not as bad as I feared. If the package will be 900 million euros, Juventus is estimated to pull off around 87 million euros. This is not as much as today, however I don't believe that this figure estimates income from the CL where we have an almost guaranteed entrance. So it is probably higher.

Never used this source before, but the article seems professional
http://italian-calcio.blogspot.com/2008/01/gov-approves-collective-tv-rights-sale.html
On the new TV deal:
The soccer association aims to raise at least 895.8 million euros ($1.28 billion) from the 2010/11 rights sale and 927 million euros from the following season, according to Reuters calculations based on figures in the tender document.
http://www.reuters.com/article/mediaNews/idUSLR25849920090727

Even if the minimum is met, that's still more than calcio's previous deals. Not to mention this new TV deal does not need to be shared with serie b anymore, so overall their will be more money floating around in the league, despite the big teams not receiving as much anymore.

Our TV money will be a lot smaller, but compared to the collective deals in England, at least serie a's collective deals takes fanbase and success into account. Also I'm sure the new stadium will cover the difference and then some between the new TV deal and what we received previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 151)