The Financial Situation (23 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Does anyone know what our actual financial situation really is? I mean, if we opt into this 94m Higuain buy out clause WITHOUT selling Pogba then that totally blows the top off of any assumptions we have had about not being in the top 3 in Europe.

Only thing I can think of is player sales to ease the blow in that case would mean we don't really have that financial might that this deal alludes to. In any case, master stroke by Beppe with the "quality" of "quantity" because that helps ease the blow I suppose.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
It's possible, but not likely. Pereyra seems to be close to Napoli so that's around 18mil. Then there is the possible sale of Zaza to Wolfsburg which would cover a 25-30mil of the fee. Then the departure of Hernanes for around 10mil, and then the minor sums from selling a few loan players and Padoin which result to like 5mil by the end of the summer. Morata gave us 30mil as a leaving present.

18+30+10+5+30=93mil, which amounts to the fee for Higuain. We've spent around 40-50mil for Alves, Pjanic, Lemina and Benatia so far. Might even be room for a 20mil signing like Pjaca.

I know someone might say ''It doesn't work that way blah blah'', but it's not really far from the truth either that the club really could spend a good 90mil right now and still be financially in a great position considering all the ins and outs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)