The Financial Situation (57 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think it's widely known that Italian teams make most of their revenue from TV rights, but it does surprise me that they make more than Engrish teams.

Where they fall far behind are in prize money (or participation money) and matchday revenue.
good points.

What?

@ Alc. The new Premier League package should shoot their figures up for next season.
idk about next season but i dunno why marotta keeps making excuses about us not having enough money to be competitive.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Italy used to have a model where each team would sell their TV rights individually. Juve used to have the largest TV deal in the world. That stopped being the case a year or so ago and now the league sells the entire Serie A TV package and splits the money. A big part of that money is split evenly, part is split based on estimated fanbase and another part on results in recent seasons.

FFP and this new arrangement on TV rights pretty much fucked Milan and Inter. It certainly hasn't helped Juve either. I imagine if we had renegotiated our TV deal a year ago, we could have gotten 150 million a year instead of only 90 million under the current arrangement.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
idk about next season but i dunno why marotta keeps making excuses about us not having enough money to be competitive.
When we pay for all the players wages, services and make payments for players we have bought in the last couple of seasons there is not much left. The only way we can afford purchases is to increase our debt and it's a significant one at the moment. Using leverage method of financing has limitations and potential danger of breaking thus meaning we won't be able to settle some current obligations.
We'll have 40-50m this summer for transfers but there will be some departures to finance moves on transfer market. And our bank overdrafts will increase. One of the ways of seeing how much we invested in the past is to look at the cash flow statement and Investments in players’ registration rights and in the end our bank overdrafts.
Page 8.
http://www.juventus.com/wps/wcm/myc...&CACHEID=317fbe10-2c79-4d3f-8ac9-eec019aaba39

Pay special attention to Cash and cash equivalents at end of the period and you can see a negative trend.
Marottta is just saying how it is.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That is just tv deal income, and in no way a marker for overall revenue. Have a look at the Deloitte list: http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/.../d7b295aa0c415310VgnVCM1000001a56f00aRCRD.htm

Have a look at this I posted yesterday: http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/30148-Giuseppe-Marotta?p=4127174&viewfull=1#post4127174

TV money doesn't even cover our wage bill.

Marotta isn't saying these things because he likes the sound of his own voice. Neither are Agnelli or Conte.

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Marotta isn't saying these things because he likes the sound of his own voice. Neither are Agnelli or Conte.
Excatly. Very many fans must really think about what he is saying every week. They won't build solid club fast if they say they are build solid club step by step, slowly.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
TBH I love the way we're going about our business financially. It's sensible, sound and is setting us up well for future years.

Too bad a lot of fans here are like impatient 2 years and want everything NOW.
Yeah exactly this. We also keep our players to stay competitive plus we do small steps to improve every mercato. I like it.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
anyone know how is the difference of income from global marketing for english top clubs, spanish giants bayern and italian top 3 clubs?

there are shitloads of EPL clubs' business programs in eastern asia now, madrid and barca too while nothing from italian clubs

does this have any effects? or is it only help in promoting the brand name?

juve should do something to gain benefit from the very large chinese market, serie a and juve are still very popular there as evidenced by the supercoppa event.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
that is partly down to the league match times which makes it less appealing for fans in the far east to watch games at silly hours
Since i've moved to China, if we play at 7.45 kick off I have to stay up until 2.45am for the match to begin, and by the time the match ends I'm not in bed until half 4 or after that. I be exhausted the next day.

I doubt many non Juve fans would be that dedicated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)