Cudicini - average

Howard - average

Friedel - average

Lehmann - average

Sorensen - good

Keller - average

Hislop - average

Dudek - Crap

Thats a bunch of half decent keepers .... The only keeper worth anything on that list is Niemi.

Serie A on the other had has :

Buffon - Best keeper in the world

Toldo - Right up there

Peruzzi - Still world class

Dida - top class

Frey - Should be on goal for France instead of that assclown Barthez.

Pagliuca - Still magical from time to time

Antonioli - Consistent

Amelia - Excellent

Your argument is basless.
Every keeper you listed as average is at least as good as Pagliuca and Antonioli and in most cases better. I didn't list Dudek as a class keeper, because he's not. As for Amelia and Peruzzi, they are not class international keepers. Peruzzi is not class anymore and Amelia never was. BTW, you're a raving lunatic if you think that Niemi is the best keeper in England. He may have had the best time of it last season, but he is by no means the best.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I've been Following Niemi's career since his days at Hearts. I know what he is capable of.

So yeah.... call me a raving lunatic, but thats just your opinion....

Peruzzi is better than Cudicini, Friedel, Howard, Keller, Hislop, Dudek or Lehmann.

If you think those half baked keepers are class then Peruzzi is world class.

Amelia is a solid keeper as well ... and is Hislop can be on your listm Amelia can be on mine.

ciao.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
WHy do we want to buy Aimar, or Deco, or Tavez? We have Nedved and we have Olivera. Buying anyone else until we see how those two play out is useless and a big waste of money.
I disagree. Nedved plays LM for the Czechs and he has proved that he's still a great player when placed in a wide position, and moving him back to the left flank would open space for a Deco or Aimar. Don't try to fix something that isn't broken is what alot of people tend to say when it comes to situations such as these, but we can improve by making a change or two in midfield, even if it isn't the area of this squad that needs the most strengthening.

Why not keep Nedved in the middle and buy an out-and-out left winger such as Vicente? That's another option, but with Pavel on the left and a creative player in the centre our football would be more free-flowing and unpredictable. Neddy isn't a creative player. Vicente's pace and precision would offer a different attacking outlet, but still, I like the idea of having a player like Deco or Aimar to pull the strings and make things out of the ordinary happen. I guess it's preference.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

You're joking, right? The EPL has more top class keepers than any other league out there: Given, Niemi, Cucini, Howard, Friedel, Lehmann, Sorensen, Keller, and Hislop are all class international keepers. Look at Spain where the only good keepers are Cassillas and Canizares, or Italy wher you've got Buffon, Dida, and Peruzzi.
Well it's definitely between the Premiership and Serie A, but it's very hard to choose. I would be glad to have Given, Niemi, Friedel or Sorensen between my sticks, no doubt, but I'm not too sure about the rest. Surely Buffon, Toldo, Dida and Peruzzi are as good if not better, same goes for Sebastian Frey imo who is extremely underrated in my view. Pelizzoli is also coming along well and Amelia is one for the future.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Well it's definitely between the Premiership and Serie A, but it's very hard to choose. I would be glad to have Given, Niemi, Friedel or Sorensen between my sticks, no doubt, but I'm not too sure about the rest. Surely Buffon, Toldo, Dida and Peruzzi are as good if not better, same goes for Sebastian Frey imo who is extremely underrated in my view. Pelizzoli is also coming along well and Amelia is one for the future.
Point taken. But, I believe the original poitn of contention was when I took exception to the statement that the EPL had no good keepers.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
what are you on about ?

Given - Good...

Niemi - the best keeper in the EPL..and among the top 5 in Europe

Cudicini - average

Howard - average

Friedel - average

Lehmann - average

Sorensen - good

Keller - average

Hislop - average

Dudek - Crap

Thats a bunch of half decent keepers .... The only keeper worth anything on that list is Niemi.

Toldo - Right up there

Dida - top class

Antonioli - Consistent

Amelia - Excellent

You forgot De Sanctis, he is class, would have starting place in the english team.

Giuseppe#10

Jun 28, 2004
Reports out of Portugal are suggesting that Barcelona and FC Porto have successfully negotiated a deal to bring Deco to the Nou Camp.
Fernando Gomes, a high ranking FC Porto official, was in Spain on Friday where he met with Barcelona president Joan Laporta and vice-president Sandro Rosell. The meeting reportedly lasted two hours and here’s what the two clubs have agreed on:

Barcelona will pay FC Porto 20 million euros and give FC Porto out-of-favour winger Ricardo Quaresma on loan for one season. GOAL.com can exclusively reveal that Ricardo Quaresma has already agreed to join FC Porto.

So with all that already being official, all that needs to be agreed upon is Deco’s contract with Barcelona. Barca will reportedly double his current salary, an offer that the Portuguese international will likely not pass up.

When asked about his pending move to Barcelona Deco said, “we will talk about Barcelona after Euro 2004.”

Deco has gone on record in the past as saying he has always dreamed of playing for Barcelona.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Giuseppe#10 ] ++
Reports out of Portugal are suggesting that Barcelona and FC Porto have successfully negotiated a deal to bring Deco to the Nou Camp.
Fernando Gomes, a high ranking FC Porto official, was in Spain on Friday where he met with Barcelona president Joan Laporta and vice-president Sandro Rosell. The meeting reportedly lasted two hours and here’s what the two clubs have agreed on:

Barcelona will pay FC Porto 20 million euros and give FC Porto out-of-favour winger Ricardo Quaresma on loan for one season. GOAL.com can exclusively reveal that Ricardo Quaresma has already agreed to join FC Porto.

So with all that already being official, all that needs to be agreed upon is Deco’s contract with Barcelona. Barca will reportedly double his current salary, an offer that the Portuguese international will likely not pass up.

When asked about his pending move to Barcelona Deco said, “we will talk about Barcelona after Euro 2004.”

Deco has gone on record in the past as saying he has always dreamed of playing for Barcelona.
Great news. I'd much rather have Rosicky any way.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
what are you on about ?

Given - Good...

Niemi - the best keeper in the EPL..and among the top 5 in Europe

Cudicini - average

Howard - average

Friedel - average

Lehmann - average

Sorensen - good

Keller - average

Hislop - average

Dudek - Crap

Toldo - Right up there

Dida - top class

Antonioli - Consistent

Amelia - Excellent

full agree except about Friedel, he's still good... Great post anyway... :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)