The curse of Manchester United (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
In cup competitions, any team paired against Man u should always beware of what will happen to theri best players. Its quite frighteninn the amt of bad luck that has befallen their opponents best players down the years. Reading the article on Raul regarding Ferguson's comments made me remember how i use to tease my manu fan pal on how his team must have a witch doctor.

Lets go down memory lane to when they won cl
Against Juventus Dp was missing, infact incredibly , though we have met numerous times, ever since Dp scored that very early goal against Manu , he has managed to miss every subsequent game against them, in the return game in 97/98, he was suspended , in the 1-1 and 3-2 defeat , he was injured. In the lead up to the second leg that we lost 3-2, Montero who was fantastic in the 1-1 at old trafford was injured and only came on in second half while Davids and Zidane both sustained knocks in friendlies for their countries and were not match fit for the second leg
Against Inter, Ronaldo was missing for the first leg, and was hurried back for second leg when he was clearly unfit
In the final against Bayern, both Lizarazu and Elber missed the game with long term injuries.

Who can forget the flu bug that hit our team when we were next paired against Man united with so many first teamers out?
Against Porto , when Porto won it, the only decent striker Porto had at the time, Derlei missed the game
Raul who previously had never missed many games , missed the man united second leg with appendicitis

Sheva missed both legs against Man united in Cl with freakish injuries

Riquelme missed both legs against Man united

In coca cola final this season, Pollitt, the goal keeper, who had performed wonders in getting Wigan there lasted less than 10 minutes.
There are many more but these are the games that I do remember, its quite a coincidence, no?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
It hasnt been good for Man Utd golden boys for World Cups.
Beckham red card in 98.
Beckham injury in 2002
Rooney injury in 2006

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Stripper said:
It hasnt been good for Man Utd golden boys for World Cups.
Beckham red card in 98.
Beckham injury in 2002
Rooney injury in 2006
thats because its Sir Alex who is practicing the voodoo and he and uri geller get together every world cup to screw england over. what a scottish partiot

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Bozi.78 said:
thats because its Sir Alex who is practicing the voodoo and he and uri geller get together every world cup to screw england over. what a scottish partiot
:lol: indeed he is Rob,indeed he is:D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
ohooooooo this is some freaky shit. Quite interesting. Didnt think of this. Thanks for pointing this out. There is something spooky going on here.. DAMN THE RED DEVILS!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I couldnt agree any less, ive always felt english clubs as a whole have had some luck or another in matches... Usually their managers/press are quite capable of playing good psychology against their opponents.. (remember "Italian divers claim from ferguson" and "Diego Simeone situation in france").. theres proberly much more but these are a few that come to mind. One things for sure, and this that everytime I watch an english team playing in europe or world or whatever.. the national tv always tends to break up (what i mean by this is fuzzy pictures coming through and blackouts).. and a few minutes later we have a goal by i dunno england or a club e.t.c.. now i used to think thats a coincidence but it became a very common thing amongst almost every big game I watch. Majority of the time the "voodoo" would work and for those who live in england or uk may actually agree with this theory especially if they see it from a "neutral" perspective..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)