The Curse of Emerson (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Dont know if you've seen this, it was posted on the Romanista site I came from...good luck with Emerson.

*** Prologue ***
We start with his last season at Bayer Leverkusen..... Leverkusen loses the bundesliga in the last minute of the last matchday day after leading for most of the championship ....

*** Season 2000-2001 ***
Il Puma's move to Rome coincides with an accident in one of the first training games and he is out injured for a long time.... Roma gets off to a flying start in Serie A. In the first 17 games (andata) Roma take a lead of 9 points .... Talk begins about a return to the field of Il Puma and Roma in 2 matchdays sees its lead reduced to just 3 points..... with two more games left against Napoli and Parma the grand comeback of Il Puma begins from the first minute in a game against Bologna..... in the week that precedes the game, a young Bologna player tragically dies in a scooter accident... Galli... son of the goalkeeper Giovanni Galli... but that's not all. In that game Alessandro Spoletini, a romanista, nearly died in a fall inside the stadium (he will remain in a coma for two months). The championship continues and Roma win the Scudetto on the final day ...

*** Season 2001-2002 ***
Emerson plays nearly all the games in the championship.... Roma loses the Scudetto by a point..... World Cup Japan-Korea 2002, Brazil is not one of the favorites to win; Il Puma is the captain... in a training accident in goals he dislocateds his shoulder and has to go home.... Brazil are world champions!!!!!!

*** Season 2002-2003 ***
The season where Il Puma gives his best; on a technical level many consider him the best Roma player of the season - Roma finish eighth in championship...... but that's not all. Il Puma separates from his wife..... sadly followed by Montella, Candela and Batistuta.....

*** Season 2003-2004 ***
Roma is the strongest side until Christmas, a clean-sheet record for Pelizzoli, 7 consecutive victories etc etc.... but Il Puma puts paid to that. You all know the result of the game when he returned from Brazil 24 hours before Roma-Milan (probably in Brazil he recharged his batteries), and the championship is over......

*** Spring/summer 2004 ***
Schumacher has won 11 grands prix out of 12, losing only in Montecarlo.... do you know who was there that day? Easy: Il Puma! But that's not all.... Fisichella, a Roma fan, alone of the drivers in the Grand Prix, had a life-threatening accident.... The talk of Emerson's move to Juventus begins..... Umberto Agnelli dies..... the Roma does not want to give in to Il Puma's blackmails that he has reached an agreement with Juventus..... Chivu breaks a bone in his foot playing beach football, Tommasi's kneee is broken, the wife of Prandelli has emergency surgery..... The two clubs reach agreement and Il Puma is a Juventus player..... the same evening in a triangular tournament featuring Juve, Milan and Inter; as well as losing both their games Juve forced to record: a rather serious accident to Thuram, shoulder injury and head trauma...... Friendly game in Turkey, Emerson plays and Juventus lose.... it had never happened in Juve's history that they three friendlies in a row... Trofeo Birra Moretti: Emerson argues with Adriano in the dressing rooms, 10 hours later the Inter striker flies to Brasil because his father has died.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad luck follows him . . . unfortunately we seem to still be suffering the after effects!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Dont know if you've seen this, it was posted on the Romanista site I came from...good luck with Emerson.

*** Prologue ***
We start with his last season at Bayer Leverkusen..... Leverkusen loses the bundesliga in the last minute of the last matchday day after leading for most of the championship ....

*** Season 2000-2001 ***
Il Puma's move to Rome coincides with an accident in one of the first training games and he is out injured for a long time.... Roma gets off to a flying start in Serie A. In the first 17 games (andata) Roma take a lead of 9 points .... Talk begins about a return to the field of Il Puma and Roma in 2 matchdays sees its lead reduced to just 3 points..... with two more games left against Napoli and Parma the grand comeback of Il Puma begins from the first minute in a game against Bologna..... in the week that precedes the game, a young Bologna player tragically dies in a scooter accident... Galli... son of the goalkeeper Giovanni Galli... but that's not all. In that game Alessandro Spoletini, a romanista, nearly died in a fall inside the stadium (he will remain in a coma for two months). The championship continues and Roma win the Scudetto on the final day ...

*** Season 2001-2002 ***
Emerson plays nearly all the games in the championship.... Roma loses the Scudetto by a point..... World Cup Japan-Korea 2002, Brazil is not one of the favorites to win; Il Puma is the captain... in a training accident in goals he dislocateds his shoulder and has to go home.... Brazil are world champions!!!!!!

*** Season 2002-2003 ***
The season where Il Puma gives his best; on a technical level many consider him the best Roma player of the season - Roma finish eighth in championship...... but that's not all. Il Puma separates from his wife..... sadly followed by Montella, Candela and Batistuta.....

*** Season 2003-2004 ***
Roma is the strongest side until Christmas, a clean-sheet record for Pelizzoli, 7 consecutive victories etc etc.... but Il Puma puts paid to that. You all know the result of the game when he returned from Brazil 24 hours before Roma-Milan (probably in Brazil he recharged his batteries), and the championship is over......

Schumacher has won 11 grands prix out of 12, losing only in Montecarlo.... do you know who was there that day? Easy: Il Puma! But that's not all.... Fisichella, a Roma fan, alone of the drivers in the Grand Prix, had a life-threatening accident.... The talk of Emerson's move to Juventus begins..... Umberto Agnelli dies..... the Roma does not want to give in to Il Puma's blackmails that he has reached an agreement with Juventus..... Chivu breaks a bone in his foot playing beach football, Tommasi's kneee is broken, the wife of Prandelli has emergency surgery..... The two clubs reach agreement and Il Puma is a Juventus player..... the same evening in a triangular tournament featuring Juve, Milan and Inter; as well as losing both their games Juve forced to record: a rather serious accident to Thuram, shoulder injury and head trauma...... Friendly game in Turkey, Emerson plays and Juventus lose.... it had never happened in Juve's history that they three friendlies in a row... Trofeo Birra Moretti: Emerson argues with Adriano in the dressing rooms, 10 hours later the Inter striker flies to Brasil because his father has died.

Bad luck follows him . . . unfortunately we seem to still be suffering the after effects!
that's just nonsence.. they used to say some shit about ronaldo and how he had never won a league title with any club that he played for, and he'll never will.. but someday, he joined Real and bam!! he won la liga.. and breake this so called jinx..!!

also, it was said that whoever wins the berlusconi trophi, will not win the scudetto in the same season.. well, two years we won it and won the scudetto as well, so..

personally, I don't beleive in any of these shenanigans..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Very interesting how the story links him up with al of these things, but bad news happens all the time in Roma.

Didn't we sign Emerson before Prendelli left Roma?

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    I never said it was certain, but it is awful strange, dont you think? That cant ALL be coincidential!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    there were a hell of a lot more things that happened in football....

the one about the F1 is interesting, but that's about it...

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    I never said it was certain, but it is awful strange, dont you think? That cant ALL be coincidential!
    no, it's not that strange..

and yes majed, we got emerson before prandelli leaves roma.. so, nicole, your list of "bad awful things that follows emerson" goes thin..

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Hey, I never said bad things are going to happen, I am just say that its awfully funny story...well, who knows whats going to happen, all I know is alot of wierd stuff has happened since Emerson was here, and then it started at Juve...

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    don't get mad there Nicole.. I just don't agree with you, no offence was meant.. I don't believe this stuff and that's just it.. if it makes you happy I'll just post this smiley to show my good intent.. ":)"

.AB.

Mafioso
    Jul 15, 2002

*** Prologue ***

*** Season 2000-2001 ***

*** Season 2001-2002 ***

*** Season 2002-2003 ***

*** Season 2003-2004 ***

The biggest load of crap I have ever read.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    don't get mad there Nicole.. I just don't agree with you, no offence was meant.. I don't believe this stuff and that's just it.. if it makes you happy I'll just post this smiley to show my good intent.. ":)"
    I wasnt mad, what made you think that?

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    Hi Nicole, :cheesy: did you edit the text before reposting it? :confused: Because there are a lot of "..." within the text. I hope we did not miss any part of this tale. :angel:

Anyway, in US english this is called conspiracy theory, in Italian dietrologia, do not come to my mind any other languages but I am sure this exists in any culture. If you look hard enough you may find hints and clues to support the construction of any worst catastrophic theory. If you look hard enough you can construct evidence to support any kind of unrealistic assertion. :eek:

However, I will just point you out one simple fact that may make you doubt about this construction. How is that Emerson was a godlet, and idealized by Roma fan for several years, until he expressed his will to move to Juventus? At that point he became a monster. I mean, is it possible that Romanists feel hurt, betrayed, defeated, offended, mistreated by Emerson and feel that they want to hurt him as much as they can? Make him feel guilty, destroy his image, sink his reputation. :cool:

Well, have you thought that tomorrow (in January 2005, or in June 2005, or in January 2006, etc.) Totti may well transfer to another team? It could be Real Madrid, Milan, or Juventus or any other great team. It may be for money, for the desire to finally win something in his career, or for both. Believe me, this will happen. It is just life. :D

What will Romanists do when Totti leaves Roma to move to Juventus? Will they crucufy him. Will they say he is dirt, he is a traitor. Will they write a tale saying that he brought back luck to Roma and he brings back luck to everything and everybody around him? :cheesy:

cheers, xziz :angel:

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    Totti will never leave Roma. Of course Emerson hurt us, he demanded to move to Juve, no offense, but even Milan or Inter would of been better, I hesitate to say Lazio, but its about equal. And of course alot of people are angry with him, and I am sure we wouldnt of seen this had he of remained, but facts and facts. And regardless of whether your supertitious or not, the facts are there, every club Emerson has been at has had extremely bad luck.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    What is weird though, is the fact that if he's so unlucky, how on earth did he ever get to play football as pro, how did he manage to get married and got children in the first place?! Anyway, this is quite amusing, and if somebody here believes this kind of stuff, they'll be scared as hell...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)