The Clarification Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Certainly feasable, the Clarification Thread is a place for which people can clear up specific topics discussed in other threads which have sadly been padlocked. Feel free to clearify any posts you might be worrying about, or simply ask Moderaters why exactly your thread was closed.

++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

A tribute to River Part 2,3,4,5...........
I saw the first one and laughed my ass off !!!!

Then Tom closed it

I really feel for my man Andy, though.

Dont worry, someday, you'll meet a girl JUST like the Riv- someone who likes soccer, is hot as hell, will kick some ass for her main man (if asked to, or is completely drunk)................

OH HELL....WHO AM I KIDDING ????????!!!!!!

I'm sorry Andy, you'll NEVER meet a chic as cool as the Riv !!!!!

sorry man :down:
:LOL: Great post Vinny.

You know what, unfortunately you're right though. Unless somehow I move to London, or wait till I stay a semester abroad next year.

Emma, see what I (we) have caused? :lazy:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Or you could use PM :D
    But then again, if the people want to make their opinions heard, PM's is not the way to do it. Here, Tom, the masses have a place to demand answers, and debate on whether any thread closing is feasable, or any other complaints posters might have. Also a place to settle personal disputes as well, if you wish.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Oh so its a "lets complain at the moderators" thread? I'm sure we had one of these before... at the end of the day though if a thread is closed by a moderator its gonna remain so unless we decide amongst ourselves that it was the wrong decision.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Oh so its a "lets complain at the moderators" thread? I'm sure we had one of these before... at the end of the day though if a thread is closed by a moderator its gonna remain so unless we decide amongst ourselves that it was the wrong decision.
    No, not that extreme Tom. What I meant to say is that issues from closed threads can be resolved here, and if someone wants a more specific reason why the thread was closed, they can ask here.

For the most part, people can clearify posts that might be bothering to him, to her, or to others.

No Moderating bashing/nagging.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Fine, alright, the only concern I'd have is that, say the old padlocked thread sorta "resurfaces" in here, which kinda defeats the object of closing it and leaving this one open if you get what i mean..

but its a good idea in principle, no problems with giving explanations as to why threads were closed

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    Well topics such as "Rodrigo Taddei is so ugly, he is not Juve material" will not resurface here because that would be just plain stupid. I'm more closely thinking of posts that might be misconsrtued or misinterpreted, and people should be able to clear them up after a thread has been padlocked.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    I had ranted about threads like these being closed. Waste of time though so i removed it.
    Well, I had a good discussion with Tom via PM's, and alluded to the importantcy of that thread. He did not buy it though. :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    I think alot differently on the matter though :D

I dont think the whole moderator deeming threads to be worthy thing is needed. Cant the rest of us decide if we think its good enough to talk about?

Close threads that break rules, are duplicates. But being so hard on hangout threads is alittle to much showing the goods if you ask me. You discussed something with Tom and he didnt buy it? Who cares. Your not talking about something because Tom dosent allow you? lol

Then again no ones asking me :groan:

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    Dont get me wrong, I dont give a crap :D Its just the security around heathrow airport isnt as tight as this place :D

And thats the part I was laughing at. You trying to persuade Tom and accepting his decision. Am I the only one around here who dosent listen to the mods? Im not starting some kinda campaign here, just a few thoughts you know:D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    Well, after my explanation of this thread, I sort of revived the River talk. So in a way, by making this thread, I defeated the moderaters. :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Why was my tribute to River closed anyways ???

I bet if I started the thread " A tribute to that great moderator Tom aka Paolo Montero" or "A few kind words for Martin, our leader" it would become a permanent fixture

What kind of justice is this ????

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)