The Captain's armband (1 Viewer)

inferis

Jun 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++

Yeah sure teamwork but he's the player that makes it happen when this team doesn't work, you can't judge him on one game, well it's true, when he was suspended Last season, we struggled in our games, like I said future captain.

Sure but why go by the rules

dude... juve is a team where, if a team doesnt work, it wont work at all.. he maybe can steals the show, but still, i believe, it is a team work... i like him.. he is our future... but he's not a messiah... others hav their own contributions also... unless he goes to treviso, then he is the messiah of treviso... in juve, he is an important part of the team just like others (minus the scums)... and juve is bigger than any player in it...

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd give it to Pessotto if he is to start (depending on Zebrina's injury). Then Thuram for his charisma on the pitch then Zambrotta.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005

erm no Platini was a great captain, i don't think he'll do that, he seems like the rare loyal kind.
WHO???Zlatan, and i agree with you about PLatini he was a great captain but he was one of a kind man there were not a lot of players like him, you see players like zlatan every now and than

Mar 6, 2005
Zambrotta doesn't seem like the vocal commanding type to me, though, so I don't think he should be captain.. even though he deserves it for all he's done to the club.. Thuram, and then cannavaro, for me..

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++
Zambrotta doesn't seem like the vocal commanding type to me, though, so I don't think he should be captain.. even though he deserves it for all he's done to the club.. Thuram, and then cannavaro, for me..
I would be floored if it was a non-Italian...

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
:rolleyes:

He's the heart and soul of this team now.

No not really I remember him saying that it didnt matter for him if he went to Juve/Milan/Roma wherever because he just wanted to play in a big team

I think there are players that deserve it more than him (and also have a heart/soul for Juve) such as Nedved, Thuram, Zambrotta, Buffon and even Cannavaro

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++

WHO???Zlatan, and i agree with you about PLatini he was a great captain but he was one of a kind man there were not a lot of players like him, you see players like zlatan every now and than
Riiiight players like Zlatan grow on trees that’s why Madrid wanted to pay 70m for him.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

No not really I remember him saying that it didnt matter for him if he went to Juve/Milan/Roma wherever because he just wanted to play in a big team

I think there are players that deserve it more than him (and also have a heart/soul for Juve) such as Nedved, Thuram, Zambrotta, Buffon and even Cannavaro
That’s before he came to Juve, seeing him in the stands in the bologna game last season when he was suspended wearing a t-shirt with "fvck off" written on it kinda shows he cares.

Yeah, I said future captain, that ego would explode if he’s made now.

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by inferis ] ++
kapo!
Is that a joke?

The armband should not go to the biggest name, the best player, the most talented, the best looking, the armband SHOULD go to the one who is the best natural leader, the one who embodies the spirit of sportsmanship and the true essence of football.

So, who should wear it? I don't know, and I do not know if any of you do, because I don't think an accurate decision could be made unless we all suit up and play alongside those persons which we believe ARE worthy of such a standard of excellence on the field.

-Mikey-

Jul 22, 2005
I think buffon. He seems to have natural leadership and can take control of this team on the pitch.
My list would be :
Buffon
Zambrotta
Cannavaro
Nedved
Vieira (when he has settled in and has been at juve for a while. he was a great leader at arsenal anyway..)

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by -Mikey- ] ++
I think buffon. He seems to have natural leadership and can take control of this team on the pitch.
My list would be :
Buffon
Zambrotta
Cannavaro
Nedved
Vieira (when he has settled in and has been at juve for a while. he was a great leader at arsenal anyway..)
Yea, Mike.

I don't like Vieira, but I agree with you about Buffon. Most keepers have that ability, look at Kahn for example.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by -Mikey- ] ++
My list would be :
Buffon
Zambrotta
Cannavaro
Nedved
I like that list, also with the exception of Vieira. :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

That’s before he came to Juve, seeing him in the stands in the bologna game last season when he was suspended wearing a t-shirt with "fvck off" written on it kinda shows he cares.

Yeah, I said future captain, that ego would explode if he’s made now.
Oh who cares if he cares, hell be still playing for us, but never made captain though :D

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
I believe the armband should be given to someone who is respected and admired not only by our players, but also by the other team and pretty much anyone. It also should be a way to show gratitude. Alex has earned it with everything he has given to us bianconieris. Besides him I´d give it to Canna, Thuram or Zambrotta. Where would we be withouth them, they keave their hearts in the field for us.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
And who´s the best keeper in the world? GIGI BUFFON... who doesn´t respect him? who doesn´t feel intimidated by him? How many goals has he saved for us and how many games could we thabnk him for. HE WOULD MAKE A GREAT CAPTAIN TOO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)